cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus M GU502GV Aura Creator bug?

bkgolden
Level 7
I have a Zeph M GU502GV and I created an Aura Creator profile. The problem is the Enter and Right Shift keys do not light up properly. They're very dim and they blink slightly. The profile features only static colors. If I switch back to a regular static Aura effect, the keys light up properly.

EDIT: The problem is with the Enter and RIGHT Shift keys. Left Shift is fine.
6 REPLIES 6

halfbakers
Level 7
This is quite amusing. GX502 has same problem except it's Right Shift and Enter keys. I have reported this problem to ASUS, but we'll have to see if they actually fix this in reasonable time frame.

halfbakers wrote:
This is quite amusing. GX502 has same problem except it's Right Shift and Enter keys. I have reported this problem to ASUS, but we'll have to see if they actually fix this in reasonable time frame.

Apparently I don't know my right from my left lol. It IS indeed the Right Shift with the problem, not the Left.

how did you get Aura Creator working on your GU502GV.
I have the same laptop and it says "No Devices Available"

bkgolden
Level 7
When I bought the laptop on 6/28, it had no per-key RGB control at all, just regular Aura effects like static, breathing etc. I was just about to post about that until a new version of Armoury Crate (Beta) downloaded from Microsoft Store. In this new version, there was a button labeled Aura Creator under Aura Sync that, when pressed, downloaded Aura Creator from the Microsoft Store. And like all Asus software (don't get me started on Asus motherboard software/BIOS support) there's this bug which makes it unusable.

You're not alone. GU502 owner here. Same problem. Even after several updates to Aura drivers since I've had this laptop, still no fix.

In fact, I went through 3 dud GU502's before settling on this one. Each and everyone one exhibited the exact same issue, right enter and shift keys only being half lit when using Creator.

I also have gx502 with this problem. I guess all of them have same problem. Any news on this?