cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with B450-I Gaming and BIOS 2406

Kintsugi
Level 7
I programmed the BIOS Version 2406 in my B450-I Gaming and had the following issues:

- My keyboard (Corsair K65) could not be used to enter the BIOS. F2 or DEL did nothing, the System bootet straight into windows.
- I also could also not hit F1 when the BIOS was asking for the F1 key after the update. My keyboard was working on BIOS 2301.
- I tried different USB-Ports. I disconnected any USB-Stuff. It worked then with an old Microsoft Natural Keyboard.
- My Mouse (Logitech Prodigy 203) could not be used in the BIOS 2406. This was working in 2301.
- My PC had two lockups during windows startup. I entered the first key of my login password. After this the PC froze.
- My PC had one shutdown without warning while working. Both of theses cases haven't happened before.

ASUS was absolutely not helpful while trying to downgrade the BIOS ("You have to send it in / You need a new BIOS chip") as this doesn't seem to be possible. As soon as I chose the older 2301-BIOS EZ-Flash complained, that this is "Not a valid BIOS File".

I managed to downgrade using this method.
8 REPLIES 8

Sintel
Level 8
For the USB detection issues, did you try disconnecting/reconnecting and rebooting? Have the same mobo and had this in the past a few times where the usb keyboard was not working/not recognized, but could usually fix this with the mentioned actions.

For the freezes, did you load the bios defaults and not try to retain values or try to import profiles? I've learned from experience you should load defaults and any changes in bios should be redone manual after bios updates.

Did not update to the latest bios yet, the lack of release notes don't really incentivize if you have a stable system...

I just had similar issues with my b450-f board after updating. Luckily my keyboard still worked. i was able to downgrade back to 2301 using afudos. You have to create a bootable usb drive using a bootable disk creation tool. I used rufus. then copy afudos and bios 2301 in my case to the drive afterwards. reboot to flash drive. run afudos "bios name" /p /b /n /k /x without the quotes. this will force the previos bios and fix the problems. Or atleast it did in my case. I am back up and running on previous bios version with no issues.

chris47362 wrote:
I just had similar issues with my b450-f board after updating. Luckily my keyboard still worked. i was able to downgrade back to 2301 using afudos. You have to create a bootable usb drive using a bootable disk creation tool. I used rufus. then copy afudos and bios 2301 in my case to the drive afterwards. reboot to flash drive. run afudos "bios name" /p /b /n /k /x without the quotes. this will force the previos bios and fix the problems. Or atleast it did in my case. I am back up and running on previous bios version with no issues.

So for the bios name I put ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING-ASUS-2406.CAP ? What are the /p /b /n /k /x Parameters for?

Thanks

Sintel wrote:
For the USB detection issues, did you try disconnecting/reconnecting and rebooting? For the freezes, did you load the bios defaults and not try to retain values or try to import profiles?

Yes, I rebooted multiple times and dis-/connected my keyboard. I did not initialize my BIOS values. When asked to do this after the update, my F1-key did not work. After a while I just wanted the previous state, so I did not investigate this further by loading default settings.

zion6
Level 7
Bios is no good and cant roll back to 2301. No mouse and need to set my keyboard in Legacy mode to get into bios.

rolling back can be done very easily. please follow my advice in previous post.

Thank god I saw this forum. Now I wouldn't update to the latest 2406.

DMAN999
Level 9
To the OP,
You should try the New BIOS version:
Version 2501
2019/07/18 9.45 MBytes
ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING BIOS 2501
Fix an issue where the mouse will sometimes freeze in the UEFI.
Update multi-language string.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450-I_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-B450-I-GAMING-ASUS...