cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix RX580 T8G Aura stuck on one colour

Emradeon
Level 7
Hi folks.
As per the title I have a ROG Strix RX580 T8G with its Aura stuck on one colour and there is no way to change it.
Up until now the card and the Aura worked flawlessly for me. Then, it just stopped responding to Aura yesterday after normal boot up. And absolutely nothing has changed! When turning on the PC, the colour goes purple for 2 seconds, then it goes to orange and stays there.
When windows loads I get the Non-AURA error message. Motherboard ( X470 Prime Pro), still responds perfectly to Aura.
It doesn't even respond to turning Aura ON/OFF from the BIOS menu.
Prior to this problem the Aura for the GPU has been set to Special effect - Temperature. So the colour goes from green to orange/red as the GPU temp rises and drops...

Note: The card itself works flawlessly. Fans work. Plays games and displays everything as it always has. Just the Aura LED component of it is stuffed.
The card is stock - no OC or any adjustments. It has been plug & play since day 1.

What I have tried:

-Reseated the card in same and different PCI-E slots.
- Tried a different PSU
- Tried the card in a different mobo
- Disconnected everything else AURA.
- Re-flashed the BIOS
- Installed and re-installed AURA and AURA for graphics cards multiple times and versions. But nothing works
- I tried my friends nVidia rog strix 1060 GTX in my mobo and that works fine with the Aura

It seems to me that something is stuck and/or gone wrong in the AURA RGB controller part of the card.

Can anybody possibly point me in the right direction before I have to RMA the card which I dont really look forward to doing...

Thanks ahead!
7 REPLIES 7

wim-bart
Level 7
Same issue here, with same card. It stays red and it is very annoying because that color sux. How can this happen, it worked fine before but In Aura lightning control I do only see my Motherboard. Please solution otherwise i have top RMA my card as defective.

ScottTSilver
Level 8
Ive got an issue with Aura as well, AMD Driver 19.6.3 seems to be the last version that Aura works on with graphics cards
Drivers 19.7.1,19.7.2 and 19.7.3 all seem to Bork Aura

ScottTSilver wrote:
Ive got an issue with Aura as well, AMD Driver 19.6.3 seems to be the last version that Aura works on with graphics cards
Drivers 19.7.1,19.7.2 and 19.7.3 all seem to Bork Aura

Perhaps 19.7.5 will work............

quasimodo18 wrote:
Perhaps 19.7.5 will work............

We’ve had it wrong all this time you’re not a humpback, that’s just a high density clot of sarcasm, maybe you should see Dr. Pimple Popper about that as well as therapy sessions with Dr. Phil to help tone that down a bit Lol j/k

and no, fyi All drivers after 19.6.3 so far have disabled aura on the strix Vega64 and aura graphics driver reports that it is a non-aura card

Finally!!! 19.8.1 has restored Aura graphics funtionality

Well here at 19.12.3 , and guess what, it doesn' work, mine is stuck on purple and it sucks to see it like this, I just bought the card, I have done almost everything possible, but there is no meaning, cuz nothing detects the card... welp

Memby20 wrote:
Well here at 19.12.3 , and guess what, it doesn' work, mine is stuck on purple and it sucks to see it like this, I just bought the card, I have done almost everything possible, but there is no meaning, cuz nothing detects the card... welp

What version of the 'Aura RGB lighting control for graphics cards' lighting software have you installed? (Current version is 0.0.6.6 1-2-2020)

I have uninstalled the old Aura software (except for the Aura graphics lighting control) and have switched to Armory Crate and it still works for me