cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a monitor 27" for PC - videoediting with Edius 9. URGENT!

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I'm sorry for the urgency but my monitor Dell U2515H fell to the ground and just broke. I need to buy another new monitor. My broken monitor Dell U2515H is 2,560 x 1,440. Now I'd like to buy a 3840 x 2160 27" monitor. I use Edius 9 for video editing, do you think I will see too small images with 3840 x 2160 monitor?
Could you suggest me a precise model around 350-400 euro max? I'd like to spend well that money. I'm thinking about LG 27UL650-W 27 Inch 4K UHD.
I hope to get your suggestion in short time.
Thanks for your suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Whether things will be too small depends on Edius. A quick google search returns that earlier versions of Edius did not scale to 4K well. I'm not sure if that was fixed in the latest version since I don't use the software. You might have to search their forums a bit more to find out.

In the worst case you can run the display at 1080p until you can get Edius scaling right. That should scale well on a 4K display and will make things 4x larger than at 4K.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I thank you for your suggestions. ,,,, about the second my question? 😉

xeromist
Well, I'm also using a 1440p display so I don't have personal experience with any 4K displays. Also, most of the folks on this forum are gamers. So if you are doing content creation your needs will be different than ours.

Ideally you would want to go to a store that sells displays and see one in person but such stores are rare these days. So I would recommend browsing the online shops and if you find one that you like I would look for professional reviews of that display. Since you are doing content creation you want a review that verifies excellent color space coverage. You'll probably want an IPS panel for best color accuracy.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…