cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD monitor:is it better to connect to Asus Prime X299-Deluxe or Geoforce GTX 1080TI?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I'm buiyng a new UHD monitir and I will connect it to my PC. In my PC there are Asus Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard and Geoforce GTX 1080TI videocard. Is it better to connet that monitor to the motherboard or to the videocard? I think both have displayport. I make video editing. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Personally I would connect it to the discrete GPU. That way everything is rendered and displayed on the most powerful device.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I thank you for your suggestion. Therefore do you think I can connect the Display port cable of the monitor to Geoforce GTX 1080TI? But is there the Display port on that video card?

xeromist
All current high end video cards have Display Port outputs. That would be the best port to use because it allows more display mode combinations over increased bandwidth.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FoxAdriano
Level 11
O, thanks, if I choose the GPU, then I have to configure something on Windos 10 and on Nvidia Panel? .... or can I let everythinf for degfailt.

xeromist
Should be automatic