cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryujin 240 - AIO Pump or CPU Fan?

Kryptyc
Level 8
SO i haven't tried the AIO-Pump and presently have it connected to the CPU Fan instead. Is one better than the other, for example connecting the pump header to the AIO and then the Rad-Fan's to the CPU fan? or running everything off just one or the other?
10 REPLIES 10

mdzcpa
Level 12
Kryptyc wrote:
SO i haven't tried the AIO-Pump and presently have it connected to the CPU Fan instead. Is one better than the other, for example connecting the pump header to the AIO and then the Rad-Fan's to the CPU fan? or running everything off just one or the other?

For best control I suggest connecting the Ryujin to the CPU Fan header and the rad fans connected to the fan connectors on the AIO. If you do this you will be able to control all fans (with custom fan curves if you choose) through Fan Expert. I like the CPU Fan header more than the AIO header as you are able to control pump speed more granularly. I just rename CPU Fan to PUMP in Fan Expert. I run my pump at 70% for light to moderate temps, then have it ramp to 100% as temps hit high levels. You will also be able to control the VRM fan and Rad fans in Fan Expert on custom curves. Keep in mind the rad fans run in tandem so only one rad fan will appear in Fan Expert. If all is connected correctly in Fan Expert you will be able to set a curve for the pump, a curve for the VRM fan, and a curve for the rad fans,

Kryptyc
Level 8
yea I've tried both ways and fan expert isn't picking out the "individual fans" as controllable, so i'm testing different methods to allow me to it before i end up going a whole other route all together. I also can't get the Ryujin to display the CPU temp/volt/frequency no matter what combination of software i use so thats disappointing, but from other posts seems i'm not alone in that issue...Thankfully 20 days left for a full refund so i'll keep playing around until i make my choice. Thanks for the feedback!

Kryptyc
Level 8
at present i have the AIO on the Pump, and the Rad fans plugged into the CPU_Fan. whats interesting now is that in fan expert 4 it keeps showing my the Ryujin Fans but randomly it drops it down to 0 rpm (while they are running) so not sure if this is the best "positioning" or maybe i miss labeled. i am noticing overall about a 3-5 degree cooler operation right now

Rewerend
Level 9
Kryptyc did you connect USB header cable to USB header on the motherboard? Without USB U can´t use Oled display. So try to connect first and then Live Dash works properly for me. I have connected fans to the Y cable and then to the CPU fan header. With cpu header I can see speed of fans but no speed of pump, that´s funny that you are not able to see both of speed on Oled display, I really missing that function on Ryujin and I think It can be done.
You can pick up to 5 display sensors so why not pump, where the speed of pump goes ? 😄

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
correct. these functions are from the bios fan section and not from the aio itself. These part is important to be fix. since if these is use as out of the box, only CPU The idea is to have a app that can control since is not working. Well not as at least I expect. But you can default the aio on the app. I think these can be fix and add it well as a side add on the the dash. so user can control the in app. and is ai suite is use, since we do at. make these done. and i got a odd bug.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/548429119235293204/598252442567835654/Annotation_2019-07-09...

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/548429119235293204/598252520774828033/Annotation_2019-07-09...
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Rewerend
Level 9
What´s wrong ont that? The CPU is for the all CPU fans on Ryujin the second windows is for small fan on the base of the cooler, but you can see three windows, I am not sure If I can see three too I am not on my computer rigth now.

Rewerend wrote:
What´s wrong ont that? The CPU is for the all CPU fans on Ryujin the second windows is for small fan on the base of the cooler, but you can see three windows, I am not sure If I can see three too I am not on my computer rigth now.

correct. but i have 3. the mini fan and 2 cpu fan.

you change one and change the other. but yes is cool to have.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Kryptyc
Level 8
I got everyothing up and working, got some additional fans so at this point i've got all the Ryujin (base and rad fans on splitter) in the AiO, i've tied the top of case fans to the CPU just to avoid the alarm. (i had befroe the pump in the pump and the rad fans on the CPU, but i lowered the 240 and now my fan cables can't reach so easier this way.
That being said, i'm trying to understtand if honestly the 340 would cool better than the 240 and by how much? now that i have everything working its great, even on Max on all fans i'll sit around 38-41c and spike up to upper 50/low 60's while playing. My buddy has a 240 corsair h110 and he is generally sitting at about 32-34 idle and hasn't gone about 55. I don't think this is an overall issue, as long as it doesn't start climbing into the mid 70's obut what are you guys seeing as far as temps with the 240 on?

Kryptyc wrote:
I got everyothing up and working, got some additional fans so at this point i've got all the Ryujin (base and rad fans on splitter) in the AiO, i've tied the top of case fans to the CPU just to avoid the alarm. (i had befroe the pump in the pump and the rad fans on the CPU, but i lowered the 240 and now my fan cables can't reach so easier this way.
That being said, i'm trying to understtand if honestly the 340 would cool better than the 240 and by how much? now that i have everything working its great, even on Max on all fans i'll sit around 38-41c and spike up to upper 50/low 60's while playing. My buddy has a 240 corsair h110 and he is generally sitting at about 32-34 idle and hasn't gone about 55. I don't think this is an overall issue, as long as it doesn't start climbing into the mid 70's obut what are you guys seeing as far as temps with the 240 on?

fans on cpu fan header and aio on the aio port. that will read on the oled since read bios. not the aisuite. the i change the thermal paste on the aio for and crank the oc to 5.0 on my 9900k. I think these way, the use of ai suite is not needed since is the best way to go and I trust the bios ever the app.

beside.... dash control the aio even that is not listed the controls, since when you press defaults the aio rest also on the ai suite. YES!
Learn, Play Enjoy!