cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula crappy RGB

EvilPepe
Level 7
I have an RMA approved for the near invisible RGB lighting on my motherboard Maximus XI Formula. I am obviously concerned about wasting time and money on this RMA if they are not going to fix anything. Can someone please tell me if they are actually going to fix my board or will they just say that is how it was designed and send it back. Here is a copy of my confusing chat log with customer support:

Hello!
Please give me a moment while I review your inquiry.
Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support, my name is Apollonia S. I do hope you are having a wonderful day today.

hi

From my understanding you would like to know is there something wrong with your board.
my maximus xi formula's rgb is very dim, and doesnt look anything like the pictures....
Thank you for confirming, I apologize about this profusely as I understand how frustrating this can be. I will do my very best to assist you with this issue.

ok

Can you let me know the troubleshooting steps you tried to resolve this issue?

i ve installed aura software and have all the latest update... what else can i do to make the rgb lights on the motherboard visible

Was the RGB light always like this?

yes

Did you try brighting the color with the AURA software?

i even exchanged this board for another one at memory express
there is only 1 setting in aura that will dim and im not using it

Based on the check that was made HQ said that this luminance design is a combination of exterior design and LED optimum life considerations, it is already at it's maximum brightness.

so there is something wrong with it

Correct.

why does it look different in the pictures
should i rma it?

If you wish to have the unit sent in to be evaluated then repaired that is fine Chris.
I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, Chris.

can they fix it or are the just going to return it?

They will fix it if it is hardware related issue.

ok can i start an rma then
24 REPLIES 24

kens30
Level 11
Hi EvilPepe,

Unfortunately you are just wasting your time with the RMA, as all Maximus XI Formula boards and maybe others of this series are like this.
The lighting is very dim and almost unnoticeable reading from various owners of this board and there is no fix.
That's the way they have been designed and you will just get your board back as this is normal.

You should always do your research on any PC component before you buy...

kens30 wrote:
Hi EvilPepe,

Unfortunately you are just wasting your time with the RMA, as all Maximus XI Formula boards and maybe others of this series are like this.
The lighting is very dim and almost unnoticeable reading from various owners of this board and there is no fix.
That's the way they have been designed and you will just get your board back as this is normal.

You should always do your research on any PC component before you buy...

I'm not sure why you bothered to post this. I was looking for some information from someone that has had experience RMAing a board due to RGB issues, or maybe an Admin could chime in on the issue. Your opinion is neither helpful nor appreciated.

EvilPepe wrote:
Your opinion is neither helpful nor appreciated.

OK?
Why did i bother to post if i knew i was going to get this type of reply.
Well i don't appreciate your post either.:mad:

Goodbye and good luck with your RMA.........

kens30 wrote:
OK?
Why did i bother to post if i knew i was going to get this type of reply.
Well i don't appreciate your post either.:mad:

Goodbye and good luck with your RMA.........

wow...

EvilPepe wrote:
wow...

He gave you the most detailed answer anyone could, and answered *all* of your questions precisely. But clearly you don't like the answer since you're unhappy with your board, and blaming HIM for your purchase. You have a LOT of maturing to do. The world does not revolve around you.

Falkentyne wrote:
He gave you the most detailed answer anyone could, and answered *all* of your questions precisely. But clearly you don't like the answer since you're unhappy with your board, and blaming HIM for your purchase. You have a LOT of maturing to do. The world does not revolve around you.

wow... what is wrong with you people, I am here for technical advise not whatever this is...

EvilPepe wrote:
wow... what is wrong with you people, I am here for technical advise not whatever this is...

This is why no one will help you my little snowflake...lose the attitude and try to be civil. Then with a wee bit of patience, you just might get some help. I love you.

Shanester wrote:
This is why no one will help you my little snowflake...lose the attitude and try to be civil. Then with a wee bit of patience, you just might get some help. I love you.

I am a 40 year old man is there anyone here who is professionally employed by asus or is this just a circus of retards

EvilPepe wrote:
I am a 40 year old man is there anyone here who is professionally employed by asus or is this just a circus of retards

45 here. no idea!
Learn, Play Enjoy!