cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build running poorly

Diesel
Level 7
Hi Guys

I recently built a new rig using the components listed below and it will randomly stutter/lag. This is very visible, as the mouse will lag, the sound goes all digitized and if you boot a game up the FPS in game drops as low as 10.

I have recently run the software from userbenchmark.com and it is literally every component running sub par when it happens. However, it usually takes a couple of restarts for it to boot in to a stable state and runs as expected.

• ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING – Bios Version 5007
  • Ryzen 7 2700X 4.35GHz
  • HyperX Predator 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM - HX432C16PB3AK4/32
  • Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 Nitro+ 8GB (vertically installed using a cooler master adapter)
  • Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB V-NAND M.2
  • H115i Pro
  • Corsair HX1000i
  • Windows 10 pro 64 bit (fresh install, no extra antivirus running just Defender)

Although the 32gb of RAM is not on the motherboards QVL list (only the 16GB is), HyperX say that the Ram is compatible with AMD Ryzen.
Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
Try running HCI Memtest. The free version will allow you to launch multiple copies until you fill up your memory. My guess is that you will get errors.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…