Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703VI and 970 Evo Plus impossible to install Samsung driver

Svan
Level 9
HI folks,

Bios version used : 310

I removed my 2 originals raid ssd and installed a single 970 evo plus 512GB (M.2 Slot 2) then installed Windows 10 without IRST drivers.
SSD is correctly shown in bios and in windows.
In windows impossible to install "Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.1.exe" with the error that the ssd is not detected.
Tried removing the only other drive HDD and to install IRST drivers too but it's the same error all the time.

Do someone experience the same troubles ? Do you think with a single SSD the bios is installing Windows 10 in a kind of Raid mode too ?

Thanx in advance for help.
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes In the BIOS you need to set SATA to AHCI if your not going to run in RAID mode. Back to NVME drivers there is no improvement using the Samsung driver over Windows Native driver or RAID driver the SSD will operate pretty much the same on any of the choices however Samsung Magican can not see through the IRST driver.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Svan
Level 9
Thanx for that precious knowledge. I am actually following a tutorial and I modified the bios except that at point 2.2 you have to :

Setup configuration tab, unfold Setup > Chipset > PCH-IO Configrutation > SATA And RST Configuration.

https://octoperf.com/blog/2018/11/20/asus-g701vi-bios-unlock/

Since I can not flash a modified APTIO V bios, I asked Asus support to follow to engineers to unlock that setting in bios.

If someone know a way to bypass security capsule with AMI bios APTIO V please post here.

Svan wrote:
Thanx for that precious knowledge. I am actually following a tutorial and I modified the bios except that at point 2.2 you have to :

Setup configuration tab, unfold Setup > Chipset > PCH-IO Configrutation > SATA And RST Configuration.

https://octoperf.com/blog/2018/11/20/asus-g701vi-bios-unlock/

Since I can not flash a modified APTIO V bios, I asked Asus support to follow to engineers to unlock that setting in bios.

If someone know a way to bypass security capsule with AMI bios APTIO V please post here.

I your trying to rewrite the BIOS your on your own. Dreamonic had a post on the subject a couple of years ago, he hasn't been back since right after that and closed his personal page also. Asus will not unlock the UEFI what you see is what you get.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro