Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99-WS/IPMI issues.

H_F_Mudd1
Level 7
I built my newest system:
X99-WS/IPMI
Xeon ES-2697v3
Gigabyte RTX2060 Mini ITX OC (PCIEX16-2)
GV-N2060IXOC-6GB REV 1.0
Sound Blaster SB1500
Asus M.2 x4 PCIE card (PCIEX16-5)
Samsung 950 Pro 512 on it
Samsung MZHPU512HCGL-0004 in the motherboard M.2 socket as boot drive.
Two drives on SATA

Two thing bug me about it:
The memory is in three channel mode with four sticks installed.
The graphics card is linked as 8x rather than 16.

I hope someone can help me find the reasons for that.
8 REPLIES 8

G75rog
Level 10
Refer to your user manual for appropriate slot assignments for the 3 installed pcie cards with a 40 lane cpu and 4 sticks of memory.

Is the M.2 card in an in a inappropriate slot? ie: PCIe x16_1. I will move it to slot 6 and see what happens.

Thank you

The GPU now links 16x. Thank you for that. The memory is still in three channel mode though CPU-Z sees all four sticks CMOS does not seem to. I hope that is as easy to fix 🙂

xeromist
If I were you I'd try the memory in a few configurations to see if it's a flaky stick or slot. Is the memory usable as part of the total capacity? Sometimes a stick is recognized as installed but unable to be used.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

CPU-Z sees 32GB (all four sticks) but reports three channel and windows is using only 24GB and Open Hardware Monitor sees 24GB. It makes me think it's a CMOS issue but I don't see anything in there to set four channel. FYI, there are extra power connectors on the motherboard the power supply doesn't have any way of powering. The owners manual indicates they are optional but doesn't say why they are there and none of the QVL listed power supplies have enough connectors to fill them. There is a 12v 6 pin and a 12v 8 pin open on the board and I just have a couple extra PCIE cables left unused.

Page 1-4
Eatx12V_1 (6 pin) and EATX12V1 (8 pin) are currently open.
I tried switching from EATX12V to EATX12V1 (8 pin) with no result.
So right now I'm powering EATXPWR of course and EATX12V only.

xeromist
Supplementary power isn't necessary just to power basic DRAM. I would only worry about it with a heavy overclock.

I still think you have a bad slot or memory module. It sounds like exactly what you are describing.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…