Graphics Card #2RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #3RTX 2080 Hybrid
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360 V3 radiator Aqua Computer Kryos Cuplex Next
    CaseThermaltake Level 20 XT
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68R

Thanks for the link to the Linux Blender. Was not aware of it at all. Downloading now. Will be curious to compare my Linux results against your Windows results.

ROG Enthusiast Array MattTheTech PC Specs
    MattTheTech PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Nothing Interesting
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)3200C14D-16GFX (32GB Total)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardHT Omega eCLARO
    Monitor3 Wall Mounted-1x Samsung 55" 4K TV (Runs 1440p 120hz), 2x LG 32" 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CPU CoolerEKWB Dual Custom Water Loop
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair RGB k70 Lux V2
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 Custom Built Surround Sound System
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900p
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

Quote Originally Posted by KeithMyers View Post
    Thanks for the link to the Linux Blender. Was not aware of it at all. Downloading now. Will be curious to compare my Linux results against your Windows results.
    No Problem! Can't wait to see them too!

ROG Enthusiast Array KeithMyers PC Specs
    KeithMyers PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Hybrid
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

http://opendata.blender.org/benchmar...b-2ec774759a2c

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	81329

scenes

namebmw27stats
    resultOKtotal_render_time132.431device_peak_memory 140.74device_memory_usage140.73render_time_no_sync 130.97pipeline_render_time133.24

nameclassroomstats
    resultOKtotal_render_time416.08device_peak_memory2 96.7device_memory_usage296.64render_time_no_sync41 5.412pipeline_render_time416.68
    timestamp2019-08-10T02:04:47.255071+00:00device_info
    device_typeCPUcompute_devices

nameAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    num_cpu_threads24
    system_info
    systemLinuxbitness64bitdevices

nameAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core ProcessortypeCPU

nameGeForce RTX 2080typeCUDAis_displayfalse

nameGeForce RTX 2080typeCUDAis_displayfalse

nameGeForce GTX 1080typeCUDAis_displayfalse
    machinex86_64cpu_brandAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processordist_nameUbuntudist_version18.04num_cpu_c ores12num_cpu_sockets1num_cpu_threads24
    blender_version
    version2.79 (sub 0)build_date2018-03-22build_hashf4dc9f9d68bbuild_time14:39:03build_com mit_date2018-03-22build_commit_time14:10
    benchmark_client
    client_version1.0b2

So on the face of it with less cpu clock and less memory clock, the advantage goes to Linux. The cpu was locked at 4150Mhz and the memory was running at 3533CL14 Fast timings.
    Last edited by KeithMyers; 08-10-2019 at 02:20 AM.

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

http://opendata.blender.org/benchmar...b-2ec774759a2c

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	81329

So on the face of it with less cpu clock and less memory clock, the advantage goes to Linux. The cpu was locked at 4150Mhz and the memory was running at 3533CL14 Fast timings.
    Damn that is Beautiful! I know you are running Ubuntu, but what specific version are you running, I want to boot up to it and see if I see those exact gains with my setup. You are KILLING IT!

KeithMyers PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3900X
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I run Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheTech View Post
    Damn that is Beautiful! I know you are running Ubuntu, but what specific version are you running, I want to boot up to it and see if I see those exact gains with my setup. You are KILLING IT!
    I am running the Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS version https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Just grab the ISO and rufus from https://rufus.ie/ and burn it to a 16GB USB stick. It will create what is called a Live USB installation. Then reboot the computer and point the BIOS at the UEFI bootloader on the USB stick and in a minute or so you will be running Ubuntu. You can investigate how it looks and works. It is running solely from the stick and doesn't install anything to your drives.

There is an icon on the Desktop for installing permanently to your storage when you want later. I would recommend just adding a new cheap small 128GB SSD drive to your machine for the target for the future Linux installation. That way you don't have to deal with dual booting or deal with grub installers later. You just reboot the machine when you want to change the operating system by choosing which OS to run from the BIOS selection.

You could just run the Blender benchmark from the stick to but suspect the slow USB stick access might hinder that. Don't know if it runs mostly in memory or not. I know it has to load the files from the Blender folders to do the rendering.

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

I am running the Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS version https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Just grab the ISO and rufus from https://rufus.ie/ and burn it to a 16GB USB stick. It will create what is called a Live USB installation. Then reboot the computer and point the BIOS at the UEFI bootloader on the USB stick and in a minute or so you will be running Ubuntu. You can investigate how it looks and works. It is running solely from the stick and doesn't install anything to your drives.

There is an icon on the Desktop for installing permanently to your storage when you want later. I would recommend just adding a new cheap small 128GB SSD drive to your machine for the target for the future Linux installation. That way you don't have to deal with dual booting or deal with grub installers later. You just reboot the machine when you want to change the operating system by choosing which OS to run from the BIOS selection.

You could just run the Blender benchmark from the stick to but suspect the slow USB stick access might hinder that. Don't know if it runs mostly in memory or not. I know it has to load the files from the Blender folders to do the rendering.
    Appreciate you brother! That link to your exact version was exactly what I was looking for!

I currently boot from multiple USB's now, and thats exactly how I do it as well, Have multiple SSDs in my very computer for that reason!

Real quick, on a side note. Did you notice how Rufus took away the ability to Deploy an Image to USB Hard Drives? You used to be able to plug in an External USB SSD and deploy a windows install to it for instance. I am not sure what version exactly where it first was removed, I tend to only update my tools about once a year, so the Rufus I have been using was from 2018, specifically version 2.18, and I finally decided to grab an updated version about a month or 2 ago, and went to turn my SSD into a Windows Installer (I carry around with me my old Samsung 256GB 850 Pro and a little Sata to USB3 adapter, and use this for just scratch or Image storage on jobs where Speed is important, so I often turn this into an installer USB for whatever OS I tend to need for that Job), and looked everywhere, they totally removed the function! Unless I am just blind, because the GUI has changed, but it used to be an option under "Advanced Options", called "List USB Hard Drives" and now no matter where I look I just can't find it. So I had to log into my Google Drive to download my version, which was inconvenient (Because the USB I keep the tools on I couldn't find at the time).

Anyways, Just a side note that I just remembered, I wonder if any one else noticed or if I was the only one who ever used that option.

Am going to find some time tonight to boot off your exact Ubuntu Version and then run these benchmarks and see if my Score improves at all! Thank You Again!

KeithMyers PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3900X
    OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I probably have just as old a version of Rufus as you. I haven't had a Windows system to use it for over a year. Never noticed the ability to deploy to USB Hard drives as I always used a stick.

ROG Enthusiast Array neotokyo PC Specs
    neotokyo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR5 3600
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT (BLS8G4D240FSC) @3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1WD Nvme Black 2018/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB
    Storage #2TOSHIBA P300 3TB
    CPU CoolerMSI Core FROZR L
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyAntec EAG550
    Mouse Logitech G203
    OS Windows 10

https://www.techpowerup.com/258201/a...x-boost-clocks

AMD over the weekend updated the product-pages of its Ryzen processors on the company website to be very specific about what they mean by "Max Boost Clocks," that are advertised almost as extensively as the processor's main nominal clock-speeds. AMD describes it has "the maximum single-core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating under nominal conditions." We read into this as the highest boost-clock given to one of the cores on the processor.

If you've been reading the "clock-frequency and boost analysis" charts in our processor reviews, you'll know that AMD processors spread their boost frequency progressively across cores during a multi-threaded workload that scales across all cores. At any given time, only one of the cores is awarded the highest boost clock, and while the other cores too get boosted beyond the nominal clock-speeds, they are in slight decrements of 25-50 MHz. The graph below is from our Ryzen 7 3700X review. The second graph below is from our Core i9-9900K review, which too shows only one of the cores getting the max boost frequency, and the remaining cores getting lower boost clocks, although the graph looks flatter.

New ROGer Array

Welcome back Shamino!

Glad to have you back after your week off, hope you have rested well and had a good time.

When can we expect the new BIOS versions to be uploaded? Particularly I'm waiting for new C7H bios.

Have a nice day!

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

I probably have just as old a version of Rufus as you. I haven't had a Windows system to use it for over a year. Never noticed the ability to deploy to USB Hard drives as I always used a stick.
    Good Afternoon Keith!

So I finally installed Ubuntu on an Extra SSD. I have since also gotten 3800Mhz to finally work on my system, so its not a direct comparison, although, at least on Windows this was only a minor boost to performance because of my relatively loose timings right now. But dude, check out my score now! I haven't compared it against yours yet, I was just blown away at the Performance Increase verse my old score!

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14272021

So it seems there is a pretty drastic difference between Windows and Linux!

I will run Blender in a little while to see how I compare there as well.

Real quick, I know you had found some kind of way to monitor temps in Ubuntu, how did you manage that??? The Normal lm-sensors isn't working, it won't sense anything on this chip. I have brief recollection of you talking about that, but I know you had figured out how to monitor sensors somehow, as of right now I am flying blind. Ubuntu has made some major changes since last I ran it!

Talk to you soon!

EDIT: I went through your other posts and figured out how to add asus-wmi-sensors, so I am good on that front now. Man its been a while since I have tested my bash skills!

I spent HOURS trying to get my damn Sound Card to work. It uses the C-Media CMI-8788 Driver, same as HD Oxygen, and for the life of me I can't get the damn card to be recognized. This build is supposed to do it by default according to everything I read, but it won't. It refuses to show up in audio devices, and I have done everything under the sun I could think of, and that I could find on Google, and I finally have to give up for the night, very frusterating!

Anyways, got that Blender Benchmark Result for you. Posting it first, then I am going to compare to yours to see if I caught up!
    https://opendata.blender.org/benchma...c-47bc1b65d633
    Last edited by MattTheTech; 08-13-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast