Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 368

Thread: Latest C7H BIOS

  1. #121
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    38
    Posts
    282

    The 3700X has arrived, soon we will see if it boots ...

    Pity there's still no new bios, looks like there's really need for one!
    Last edited by xeizo; 07-24-2019 at 05:40 PM.

  2. #122
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    10

    Angry

    I'm giving serious considering to returning my Crosshair VII X470. Considering that Asus still haven't even released the launch BIOS (1.0.0.03AB) almost 3 weeks after the launch of Ryzen 3xxx, I've lost faith in them to actually do anything.

    Other manufacturers have managed to get this out and constantly improving their releases, whereas Asus can't even provide an ETA. Yes 1.0.0.3AB isn't perfect, especially compared to the buggy 1.0.0.3ABA, but it's better than being on a firmware that's well behind even what was recommended at launch.

    The Crosshair VII was a great fit to what I actually wanted in terms of layout, feature set etc. but support is also key to me and I don't feel like any of us are getting it - more the fantastic community that's driving this forward. I'll hand my money over to another manufacturer that actually cares about customer experience.

  3. #123
    ROG Enthusiast Array Gothmoth PC Specs
    Gothmoth PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix B350-F Gaming & Crosshair 6 & 7 Hero
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 750 & EVGA G2 850
    OS Windows 10 64Bit 1903

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by thedotlair View Post
    I'm giving serious considering to returning my Crosshair VII X470. Considering that Asus still haven't even released the launch BIOS (1.0.0.03AB) almost 3 weeks after the launch of Ryzen 3xxx, I've lost faith in them to actually do anything.
    yep thinking the same.

    i just bought another CH7 because i hate the fan on the x570 boards and they are overpriced.
    but asus seems to have droped the ball on the ryzen 3000 release.

  4. #124
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    38
    Posts
    282

    3700X in the box, bios 2501, performs rather close to as advertised with this initial testing. I managed to squeeze 95W out of it though






    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timespy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	81149
    Last edited by xeizo; 07-24-2019 at 10:29 PM.

  5. #125
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    9

    Well hopefully Asus is working on the new BIOS'es, if AMD has provided one newer than 1.0.0.3ABA without those bugs

    Also, hopefully they listen, and do the small quality of life (and not making us go deaf) changes..
    Those being..
    Letting -us- control fans, even over 72c.
    Allowing us to disaple HPET if we want to.
    Allowing us to disable spread spectrum if we want to.


    My old z68 extreme4 motherboard from asrock allowed all 3, it was a .. 2009-2010 board?, cmon.

  6. #126
    ROG Enthusiast Array MattTheTech PC Specs
    MattTheTech PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Nothing Interesting
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)3200C14D-16GFX (32GB Total)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardHT Omega eCLARO
    Monitor3 Wall Mounted-1x Samsung 55" 4K TV (Runs 1440p 120hz), 2x LG 32" 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CPU CoolerEKWB Dual Custom Water Loop
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair RGB k70 Lux V2
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 Custom Built Surround Sound System
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900p
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic
    MattTheTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Well hopefully Asus is working on the new BIOS'es, if AMD has provided one newer than 1.0.0.3ABA without those bugs

    Also, hopefully they listen, and do the small quality of life (and not making us go deaf) changes..
    Those being..
    Letting -us- control fans, even over 72c.
    Allowing us to disaple HPET if we want to.
    Allowing us to disable spread spectrum if we want to.


    My old z68 extreme4 motherboard from asrock allowed all 3, it was a .. 2009-2010 board?, cmon.
    AMEN To That!!!

    I am actually rather enjoying the Per CCX Overclocking! I devised a way to automatically apply the Per CCX Overclock at Boot, so no longer needing to open Ryzen Master at each boot and apply your Per CCX Overclock. If interested in the Script I created along with the tool Shamino Created, you can find the directions along with the download here:

    https://www.overclock.net/forum/28057590-post7664.html

    My Directions were incredibly Verbose, but I feel that was necessary to make sure anyone who uses this tool knows how to edit it to their desired Clocks per CCX, and most importantly that they know to ONLY use this Tool AFTER Manually setting their VCore in the BIOS to their desired Vcore (a safe VCore would be anywhere between 1.25v and 1.325v). AGAIN, do NOT USE This Tool with an OFFSET or AUTO Vcore set in the UEFI unless you completely understand how this tool works, as doing so has the potential to damage your processor.

  7. #127
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    102
    Posts
    982

    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Well hopefully Asus is working on the new BIOS'es, if AMD has provided one newer than 1.0.0.3ABA without those bugs

    Also, hopefully they listen, and do the small quality of life (and not making us go deaf) changes..
    Those being..
    Letting -us- control fans, even over 72c.
    Allowing us to disaple HPET if we want to.
    Allowing us to disable spread spectrum if we want to.


    My old z68 extreme4 motherboard from asrock allowed all 3, it was a .. 2009-2010 board?, cmon.
    Chances of all 3 are slim.

    Been Ryzen/ASUS AM4 owner since launch day back in 2017, lost count on times that has been asked/forwarded, etc...

    - HPET disabled in BIOS: OS/software can't access HPET and has to fall back to the TSC-based timer
    - HPET enabled in BIOS, but disabled by OS (useplatformclock false): OS will use TSC-based timer, but any software can still access HPET
    - HPET enabled in BIOS, and enabled by OS (useplatformclock true): OS and all software will use HPET as primary timer
    Source link.
    Last edited by gupsterg; 07-25-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  8. #128
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1XFX Raadeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVME
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerCoolMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseAero 500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    91

    I share the frustration guys, but had ASUS not found the bug in ABA you all would be among the first to have that bios.

    AMD are churning out AGESA updates. Vendors have to choose which release they will put their efforts into and ASUS, having seen problems with AB, chose ABA. It's unfortunate for us, but not the end of the world.

    My board runs at stock really pretty well. I can even OC my memory fairly well. Most users will be happy. I accept that as an early adopter, there will be problems. If you look on other vendors web sites, you will find just as many complaining about bioses and the rest of it.

    The grass is always greener on the other side!.......or is it?

  9. #129
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    I share the frustration guys, but had ASUS not found the bug in ABA you all would be among the first to have that bios.

    AMD are churning out AGESA updates. Vendors have to choose which release they will put their efforts into and ASUS, having seen problems with AB, chose ABA. It's unfortunate for us, but not the end of the world.

    My board runs at stock really pretty well. I can even OC my memory fairly well. Most users will be happy. I accept that as an early adopter, there will be problems. If you look on other vendors web sites, you will find just as many complaining about bioses and the rest of it.

    The grass is always greener on the other side!.......or is it?
    I accept that you take the chance as an early adopter and also they have to focus their resources; however, there is absolutely zero excuse for no information being provided. Asus have a long history of doing this to customers on all of their product lines (I experienced the same issue on their routers even though it's a completely different topic).

    At least the other vendors are actually trying and actively communicating with existing and potential users of their products - Gigabyte have representatives on multiple forms (username will be giga_man and is on Reddit, OCUK etc.).

    Apologies if I come across annoyed/agressive but having spent a lot of money on components, being told "no update" or "no release date" by support staff is, quite frankly, insulting.

  10. #130
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1XFX Raadeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVME
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerCoolMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseAero 500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    91

    Quote Originally Posted by thedotlair View Post
    I accept that you take the chance as an early adopter and also they have to focus their resources; however, there is absolutely zero excuse for no information being provided. Asus have a long history of doing this to customers on all of their product lines (I experienced the same issue on their routers even though it's a completely different topic).

    At least the other vendors are actually trying and actively communicating with existing and potential users of their products - Gigabyte have representatives on multiple forms (username will be giga_man and is on Reddit, OCUK etc.).

    Apologies if I come across annoyed/agressive but having spent a lot of money on components, being told "no update" or "no release date" by support staff is, quite frankly, insulting.
    See - they DO look after us! New bios anyone??

    I used to get annoyed, but there's just no point!

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...d=1#post778252

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •