Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest C7H BIOS

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    we just got told to pull (was undergoing validation prior) 1003 ABA version:
    "... found that PCIE speed of BXB-C downgraded from gen4 to gen2,..."

so its not surprising that bugs emerge since the source has hidden bugs that only gets unraveled with thorough testing. combine that with trying to get firmwares out in a tight time frame, kinda damn if you do (release f/w quickly) and damn if you dont (dont release fw quickly) situation
    Most of us are reasonable, I do not envy your position. I'd rather have a functional bios than something filled with bugs..

Ultimately Asus have the say on what you do, what gets passed. It probably doesn't help that a senior member left and Asus now have so many damn products for the same socket, all requiring updates.

Seems like your team could do with another engineer, I understand you can't comment on that.

Please keep us in the loop on what's being worked on and etas, don't let the unreasonable get you down.

ROG Member Array

I just installed a 3900x on my CH7 and, to my surprise, the mouse is usable (only the scroll wheel doesn't work).

ROG Enthusiast Array neotokyo PC Specs
    neotokyo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR5 3600
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT (BLS8G4D240FSC) @3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1WD Nvme Black 2018/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB
    Storage #2TOSHIBA P300 3TB
    CPU CoolerMSI Core FROZR L
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyAntec EAG550
    Mouse Logitech G203
    OS Windows 10

The mouse seems to work if you don't use a high dpi mouse, for me it works if I use an old regular logitech mouse. As soon as I use my G203, the cursor jumps to hide in a side of the screen and becomes unusable.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by neotokyo View Post
    The mouse seems to work if you don't use a high dpi mouse, for me it works if I use an old regular logitech mouse. As soon as I use my G203, the cursor jumps to hide in a side of the screen and becomes unusable.
    That's exactly what I'm using: a 10 euros Logitech mouse, and a 10 years old Delux keyboard.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

As the R5 3600+C7H is tinkering to I use Logitech K400, keyboard works, but mouse portion does not. First time in 2yrs this happen, as same keyboard was used with C6H and then C7H.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array

so its not surprising that bugs emerge since the source has hidden bugs that only gets unraveled with thorough testing. combine that with trying to get firmwares out in a tight time frame, kinda damn if you do (release f/w quickly) and damn if you dont (dont release fw quickly) situation
    Other then the USB issues within the bios itself and of course some people having soc voltage issues this bios is the best so far for me on my C7H Wifi. Very fast boot and shut down / restart times.

ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

Stuff like this I like to hear/see. At lest I'm not waiting and spamming F5 for no reason.
    Betthaer to have bad news (aka we wait longer) than no news at all and getting irritated that everyone else gets bioses but we dont and noone is saying why is that
    Thats why I miss Elmor he always posted us updates good or bad at lest we knew whats going on.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

any test/beta bios for c6h?

ROG Member Array

Since AMD announced that PCI Express 4.0 support for X370 and X470 are being pulled due to inconsistent motherboard quality across the different motherboard makers, that would explain why 1.0.0.3ab degraded the performance IF PCI Express 4 support had been pulled but was working internally by the Asus testing group. I'd like to see the pulled BIOS anyway since I don't have any PCIe 4 devices, because I just received my Ryzen 9 3900x and had a hope that I wouldn't run into problems.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the update. I think most enthusiasts would rather have an update like this than a buggy BIOS.

Does this imply that Asus is committed to keeping PCIe gen4 functionality on the C7H when a Ryzen 3000 CPU is installed in future BIOS versions?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast