CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-L9i
    CaseNODE 202
    Power SupplyCORSAIR SF600
    Keyboard AJAZZ AK33 RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G203
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Accessory #1 3 X NF-F12

Quote Originally Posted by shelleynme View Post
    You understood correctly, got the card today, will test it out tonight and let you know. Bit of a noob though, after I switch it how will I know it's running in 4.0? Cheers.
    Sorry for replying a bit late , to know if you are effectively running PCIe 4.0 you could use GPUz . Theres also a PCIe 4.0 bandwidth benchmark from 3DMark but its not out yet .

So I selected GEN4 in the BIOS saved and reset. Seemed to be booting alright but then windows gave me an error message and restarted. Everything seemed ok and it booted to my desktop, I thought it was a success but then a loud sound started emanating from the speakers. I rebooted and got back to the desktop without any sound issues, I tried playing a Youtube video and the sound started off ok but then the voices got scratchy and the video actually paused. I rebooted again and got the same result. I switched back to auto in the BIOS, and everything is good again, so I guess unless they do another update GEN4 is a no go, for me at least.
    That's weird for sure . In case it's not already done maybe you should try to make a clean install of the new GPU with DDU ( display driver uninstaller ) and when the GPU and drivers are properly installed then go to the BIOS and switch to PCIe 4.0 .
    Last edited by ALB92; 07-19-2019 at 10:41 PM.

New ROGer Array shelleynme PC Specs
    shelleynme PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1AMD RX 5700 XT
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB
    Storage #2Silicon Power Ace A5 1 TB
    CPU CoolerWraith Prism
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P350X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+
    Keyboard Corsair K63/Lapboard
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    Headset Corsair Gaming VOID PRO RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ALB92 View Post
    Sorry for replying a bit late , to know if you are effectively running PCIe 4.0 you could use GPUz . Theres also a PCIe 4.0 bandwidth benchmark from 3DMark but its not out yet .

That's weird for sure . In case it's not already done maybe you should try to make a clean install of the new GPU with DDU ( display driver uninstaller ) and when the GPU and drivers are properly installed then go to the BIOS and switch to PCIe 4.0 .
    Not sure now if the PCIe 4.0 was the problem, I've been having strange audio problems since installing the card. I did a clean install of the drivers after using DDU but no luck. The sound will be OK for different periods of time, like 5 minutes or even a couple hours then it gets scratchy and shrill sounding. If I switch from 5.1 to stereo it's OK for a bit then gets bad again, if I switch back to 5.1 it OK for a bit and so on. I tried my old 580 and there's no issues. Bad card or driver issues, I'm not sure but it's getting really annoying. The last thing I did was disable HD audio control in the BIOS and it's been good for about 4 hours but I have a feeling it's just teasing me .

shelleynme PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    CPU CoolerWraith Prism
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    OS Windows 10

Selecting 4.0 in auto mode, no issues. My original problems weren't related. ASUS B450-F good to go!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCIe 4 (2).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	81132

New ROGer Array ALB92 PC Specs
    ALB92 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B450-I
    ProcessorRYZEN 5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX 1080Ti OC
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28D590D
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-L9i
    CaseNODE 202
    Keyboard AJAZZ AK33 RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G203
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Accessory #1 3 X NF-F12

Selecting 4.0 in auto mode, no issues. My original problems weren't related. ASUS B450-F good to go!
    Nice to see that ! Can you please mention what specific BIOS version that is ( for the motherboard i mean ) incase other people with the same board reading this want to know ? Save this version somewhere if you can , you never know .

I did a clean install of the drivers after using DDU but no luck. The sound will be OK for different periods of time, like 5 minutes or even a couple hours then it gets scratchy and shrill sounding. If I switch from 5.1 to stereo it's OK for a bit then gets bad again, if I switch back to 5.1 it OK for a bit and so on. I tried my old 580 and there's no issues. Bad card or driver issues, I'm not sure but it's getting really annoying. The last thing I did was disable HD audio control in the BIOS and it's been good for about 4 hours but I have a feeling it's just teasing me .
    You can also clean Audio drivers with DDU so give it a shot maybe it can help but yeah this must be related to the drivers one way or another .
    Last edited by ALB92; 07-23-2019 at 09:22 PM.

shelleynme PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    CPU CoolerWraith Prism
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ALB92 View Post
    Nice to see that ! Can you please mention what specific BIOS version that is ( for the motherboard i mean ) incase other people with the same board reading this want to know ? Save this version somewhere if you can , you never know .

You can also clean Audio drivers with DDU so give it a shot maybe it can help but yeah this must be related to the drivers one way or another .
    For sure ALB, it's the newest, 2501, I have kept it and the last 2 as well .

I disabled the HD audio manager (I think that's what it was called ) in the BIOS and reluctantly installed Windows 1903 and my audio problems are gone, running like a top. Thanks.
    Last edited by shelleynme; 07-24-2019 at 08:07 AM.

New ROGer Array ALB92 PC Specs
    ALB92 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B450-I
    ProcessorRYZEN 5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX 1080Ti OC
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28D590D
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-L9i
    CaseNODE 202
    Keyboard AJAZZ AK33 RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G203
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Accessory #1 3 X NF-F12

For sure ALB, it's the newest, 2501, I have kept it and the last 2 as well .

I disabled the HD audio manager (I think that's what it was called ) in the BIOS and reluctantly installed Windows 1903 and my audio problems are gone, running like a top. Thanks.
    Cool im glad you managed to resolve the issue !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2