cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Terminal and ARGB fan setup help needed

Andromeda356
Level 7
So basically I’m planning to move to a new case, and upgrade my RGB setup in the meantime.

I’m going for the Strix Helios case, and these are the ARGB stuff I want to install
* 3 Fractal Design Prisma AL-14 140mm PWM fans in the front
* 1 Fractal Design AL-14 140mm PWM fan in the rear
* 3 Fractal Design Prisma AL-12 120mm PWM fans on my radiator
* 3 addressable ASUS RGB strips (comes with the terminal)
* A ROG Thor 1200W PSU with an ARGB connector

I have a Maximus XI Extreme with 2 addressable RGB headers on-board, so I wonder how can I make this work?
2 REPLIES 2

Rufinoman
Level 8
You would probably need to use ARGB splitters for that, although 11 ARGB devices would need 5 to 1 splitters.

I have a very similar setup to yours. The only difference is that I chose not to go with RGB for the 3 front intake fans because I felt it would clash with the front glass panel RGB.

You can see my setup here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/gZYTwP

With the Aura Terminal, you effectively have 4 additional ARGB headers - giving you a total of 6 including the 2 on your motherboard. I'm using Phanteks fan frames which have built-in capability so that they can be daisy chained together. If your fans don't have that capability, you will need to invest in some ARGB splitters.

Here are what's connected to each of my 6 headers

Motherboard 1: Thor PSU
Motherboard 2: Helios Case
Terminal 1: 3 120mm AIO fan frames daisy chained
Terminal 2: 1 140mm rear exhaust fan frame
Terminal 3: 2 30cm LED strip from Terminal daisy chained
Terminal 4: 1 60cm LED strip from Terminal

If you follow my setup, I would suggest maybe daisy chaining the 3 120mm front intake fans with the rear 140mm rear exhaust fans. Doing so will replicate the RGB effect across all daisy chained items. Since they're all case fans, it makes sense to me that they would share the same effect.

Hope this helps!