cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero issues

matas17
Level 7
So i recently replaced my Asus Rampage IV Extreme and m i7 3930k to Asus ROg Maximus XI Hero in together with i5 9600k but i came up on an issue. Anytime i turn pc on it seems to start okay but post code screen shows nothing, fans turn on and all rgb led's turn on. But nothing shows up on my screen, I tried to plug my monitor to onboad gpu, tried reinstalling cpu, installed new bios, flashed cmos, tried to boot with 1 stick of Corsair Vegeance Pro RGB and still nothing. I am out of ideas by now, does anyone have any ideas.
6 REPLIES 6

mdzcpa
Level 12
matas17 wrote:
SoirecentlyinstalledmyMaximusXIHerointogetherwithi59600kbuticameuponanissue.Anytimeiturnpconitseemstostartokaybutpostcodescreenshowsnothing,fansturnonandallrgbled'sturnon.Butnothingshowsuponmyscreen,Itriedtoplugmymonitortoonboadgpu,triedreinstallingcpu,installednewbios,flashedcmos,triedtobootwith1stickofCorsairVegeanceProRGBandstillnothing.Iamoutofideasbynow,doesanyonehaveanyideas.

If your LED never shows a code, then boot up is not taking place. It's not even attempting to boot. You are only powering on the board.

Please provide a full list of system specs. Also make sure you clear the CMOS (press clear cmos button) before your next boot.

mdzcpa wrote:
If your LED never shows a code, then boot up is not taking place. It's not even attempting to boot. You are only powering on the board.

Please provide a full list of system specs. Also make sure you clear the CMOS (press clear cmos button) before your next boot.

my spec is as follows:
Intel i5 9600k
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero motherboard
Corsair Vegeance PRO RGB 8x2 16gb 3200mhz RAM
MSI Gtx 1070 Seahawk EK X
Corsair AX860i psu
Samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd
WD blue 2tb hdd

matas17 wrote:
my spec is as follows:
Intel i5 9600k
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero motherboard
Corsair Vegeance PRO RGB 8x2 16gb 3200mhz RAM
MSI Gtx 1070 Seahawk EK X
Corsair AX860i psu
Samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd
WD blue 2tb hdd

this will also happen if the 12v eps cpu power is not plugged in....

EvilPepe wrote:
this will also happen if the 12v eps cpu power is not plugged in....

Its plugged in believe me I tried everything even different psu

matas17 wrote:
Its plugged in believe me I tried everything even different psu

I believe you, and it sounds like you've down your trouble shooting homework... if the post code led wont light up then its either the 12v eps is not powered or the board is dead... or there is a short circuit... I have a cousin that built a system that wouldn't post... the ground tabs on the rear I/O cover were pressed into the usb ports and was shorting out. also check molex power cables and make sure the wires haven't pushed out of the molex connector and are shorting out something... but i will stress that your symptoms are the exact things that happen when i forget to plug the top cpu power in... good luck bud

EvilPepe wrote:
I believe you, and it sounds like you've down your trouble shooting homework... if the post code led wont light up then its either the 12v eps is not powered or the board is dead... or there is a short circuit... I have a cousin that built a system that wouldn't post... the ground tabs on the rear I/O cover were pressed into the usb ports and was shorting out. also check molex power cables and make sure the wires haven't pushed out of the molex connector and are shorting out something... but i will stress that your symptoms are the exact things that happen when i forget to plug the top cpu power in... good luck bud

Well I pulled motherboard out of my pc tried to turn it on it powered on but still no led post code showing up so ig mobo is dead