Threaded View

New ROGer Array

ROG Zenith Extreme motheboard orange LEDs and random shutdowns.

Hi, the system is motherboard ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme + AMD Threadripper 2990WX + Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU.

The problems are 2 and there are:

A) I get random "shutdowns" but not really like normal shutdown, the CPU is still on, as also the fans as also the GPUs are ON but monitor connection with the PC is off and i see a blank screen and also the lights on the motherboard goes off and can't do nothing and i just have to press restart button and everything are ok again.
    Shutdowns seems to occur randomly and they are not that frequent but not that rarely too. 3 days before i had 3 of them, yesterday just one when i opened PC and 2 days ago i had none just like 4 days ago. In full CPU and GPU use(100% for both, sometimes even for hours) things were very normal and this never occurred. It occurred in minimum GPU/CPU load.
    Since yesterday, when i uninstalled CAM application of NZXT Kraken X62 water cooling, i had zero shutdowns but perhaps it will happen again.

B)2 of the 4 LED lights are 99% of time ON and are orange. Right now i heard a small beep and both these 2 lights are off(like normally have to be i guess). Same happened some other times, beep and then are off. But 99% of the time they are on with an orange color.
    Reading the motherboard manual they are 1 and 3, i.e CPU and VGA leds. Sometimes, couldn't see a pattern when, they are off but only very few times. So what does the fact they are almost all time orange means?

Here is a picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190715_104342.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	81035

Here is what is says from manual:
    Q LEDs check key components (CPU, DRAM, VGA card, and booting devices) in
    sequence during motherboard booting process. If an error is found, the corresponding
    LED remains lit until the problem is solved. This user-friendly design provides an
    intuitive way to locate the root problem within seconds.
    The Q LEDs provide the most probable cause of an error code as a starting point for
    troubleshooting. The actual cause may vary from case to case.
    1: CPU(RED)
    2: DRAM(YELLOW GREEN)
    3: VGA(WHITE)
    4: BOOT(YELLOW)

Mine 1 and 3 are always lit but they have orange color not the red etc it says above.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by MikeBR; 07-15-2019 at 11:24 AM.