cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Ryujin 240 fans constantly spinning up full

Zorn_
Level 7
Hi there,

Just this weekend built a 3800X system using the Crosshair VIII Hero board and the Ryujin 240. Love the way it looks, but I've been having a ton of trouble with the AIO. Basically - what will happen is upon boot up my system is nice and quiet, but then at random times, the CPU temp will spike over 65C and all of a sudden the AIO fans will shoot up to full and it's super annoying. 3-4 seconds later, it's back to quiet and the CPU temp shows 41C again. This just repeats over and over and over. I am not super familiar with how to tweak those complex graphs in the AI Suite software. Any suggestion for how I can get this to stay at a pretty silent level of noise without the fans constantly spinning up to full every so often? Just not familiar with what to do.

I have the two fans on the radiator going into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT on the motherboard, and the primary connector is going into AIO_PUMP. It's also pretty unclear which fan is which, I have something labeled CPU fan in FanXPert but there are also 2 different Ryujin listed. Wish they made this a little friendlier to figure out what was going on. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
is ok.
I will recomend getting a pwm splitter so the cpu can do the same job.

On bios, put the fans on turbo.

On AI suite. there will 2 aios. 1 is the mini fan on the block and the other the fans itself. But since are conectected to the board, that is usesless. On the mini fan that can be control so find a resonable fix. Side these IS THE ONLY WAY to use the livedash and the aio correctly. all other funcions DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. that will give the info on the oled you need since the app DOES NOT DO ****. and that is good is working for you

You can hitme on discord on ROG
Learn, Play Enjoy!

In the AI Suite, is there any way to know which "AIO" is actually the tiny little pump fan? I think that is the one which constantly keeps spinning up and making this noise. I watched a review on Youtube and the guy mentioned the noisy pump fan, when he filmed it that was the same annoying high pitched noise I keep hearing. I would love to just disable this damn noisy fan.

Zorn_ wrote:
In the AI Suite, is there any way to know which "AIO" is actually the tiny little pump fan? I think that is the one which constantly keeps spinning up and making this noise. I watched a review on Youtube and the guy mentioned the noisy pump fan, when he filmed it that was the same annoying high pitched noise I keep hearing. I would love to just disable this damn noisy fan.

The small fan is the aio fan. and the main rad fans are aio fan 1
Learn, Play Enjoy!