cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception code: 0xc0000005 with audiodg.exe

amadeus1171
Level 7
Is anyone else periodically getting this error?

When it happens my audio stutters and the following error appears in my event viewer:

Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xfeb44817
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x3178
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53bfc13eaa92e
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ebfc8ef2-d059-4197-a86a-3da9d2bf193d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've uninstalled the audio driver, used CCleaner and DDUinstall to remove vestiges of the driver, then reinstalled the driver, but I still get this error.

Anyone know what's happening?
5 REPLIES 5

JUZTIQ
Level 7
Hi.

I dont know your hardware - so the below might not work for you but here is my experience and solution.

I had kinda similar problem = In videos, youtube etc etc I suddenly got Audio stutter for a second - drving me nuts.

I have X370 Rog Hero 6, Ryzen 1700X, Nvidia 1080 TI and Soundblaster Creative Zx Soundcard

The solution for me was to:

Go into "Contol panel - Hardware and Sound - Device Manager - Sound

and then

1. Disable High Definition Audio Device (I guess this is only if you have a separate sound card?)
2. Disable NVIDIA High Definition Audio device (if its there - when you install Nvdia driver then choose custom install an uncheck Sound driver)
3. Disable Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)(WDM) (if its there - and I think this is what caused my problem)

4. And in BIOS I disabled onboard sound (as I have a seperate soundcard)

Then restarted PC and my audio stutter was gone

I did a lot of reading and research first but cant find all the links now except this one: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1015212/gamestream/small-annoying-audio-stutters/2/

I cannot find the link again - but I read somewhere that the issue (might) primarily be that due to the Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)(WDM) driver the Nvidia Graphics card is sending sound through the HDMI or Displayport cable (or something like that as far as I remember) and this is what is causing the conflict/audio stutter.

I am no expert so I dont know if all the above is the holy grail - but the solution worked for me so I went from having audio stutter every 2 minutes to having zero audio stutter.
If you don't live for something - You die for nothing

JohnEJohn
Level 7
I've also been getting 0xc0000005 errors when playing final fantasy xv using dlss, looking at event viewer gives an 0xc0000005 on an nvidia module located in system32/driverstore/repository

These errors usually indicate a bad overclock or dying storage medium, I've checked my nvmes, disabled gpu and cpu overclock and set ram to docp and ran a full memtest with 0 errors as well as chkdsk, sfc/dism.

Latest bios seems to have introduced the problem.

JohnEJohn wrote:
I've also been getting 0xc0000005 errors when playing final fantasy xv using dlss, looking at event viewer gives an 0xc0000005 on an nvidia module located in system32/driverstore/repository

These errors usually indicate a bad overclock or dying storage medium, I've checked my nvmes, disabled gpu and cpu overclock and set ram to docp and ran a full memtest with 0 errors as well as chkdsk, sfc/dism.

Latest bios seems to have introduced the problem.

Now that you mention it, it did start with the last bios.

I forgot to mention my hardware setup.

I have:
Crosshair Hero VII wifi
16g ram @3466
nVidia 1080ti FE with 3'rd party AiO
Windows 10 pro (of course)
500 gb sata ssd 2 1tb hdd in raid 0

amadeus1171 wrote:
Now that you mention it, it did start with the last bios.

I forgot to mention my hardware setup.

I have:
Crosshair Hero VII wifi
16g ram @3466
nVidia 1080ti FE with 3'rd party AiO
Windows 10 pro (of course)
500 gb sata ssd 2 1tb hdd in raid 0

if any of you have installed the Ryzen 3k compatible bios, the agesa module included has introduced PCIE/WHEA errors for video cards and nvme's.

AGESA 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.2 for Matisse are affected, the fix is in 1.0.0.3

These agesa modules have introducedproblems no matter what board you use with whatever cpu you use.

Even x570's that shipped with 1.0.0.2 are crapping out,
even B350's with 1700x's are crapping out so long as 1.0.0.2 is applied.

amadeus1171
Level 7
Oh great...