cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme - code 01

dbpavey
Level 8
So ever time i turn the computer off - i have to reset the BIOS using a usb with R4E.cap otherwise I get error 01 when I turn it back on. *I have tried about 8 different BIOS versions but this keeps happening. The computer runs flawless, with or without an overclock, once i reset the BIOS and get to my desktop.

Any ideas? I did change the CMOS battery.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

dbpavey
Level 8
SAd face

You should read the booklet in the motherboard box. It has all the code and the descriptions.

sniper23
Level 7
dbpavey wrote:
So ever time i turn the computer off - i have to reset the BIOS using a usb with R4E.cap otherwise I get error 01 when I turn it back on. *I have tried about 8 different BIOS versions but this keeps happening. The computer runs flawless, with or without an overclock, once i reset the BIOS and get to my desktop.

Any ideas? I did change the CMOS battery.

Thanks!

I got this from the manual.

01 Power on. Reset type detection (soft/hard).

Yuniel
Level 10
wow i facing the same dilema , a week ago my computer come with the 01 code not alll the time but the 80% of the time yes and i press the botton back clear CMOS and i'm able to enter beacuse i can acces to bios F1 and then leave without change and then windows , sometime come with error 01 and other time with error 5A , but the 80% is 01 , and idk what to do , i remplace the battery of motherboard cr2032 , reset the bios (i never made any change always come default from factory i never do OC) , and nothing help 😞

my mobo is asus rampage IV extreme and i7 3930k