cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero XI BIOS 1105

Yes_ImP
Level 7
Hi.

After update can not boot with G.Skill F4-3600C17D-32GTZR XMP profile at all.
I tryed to set DRAM 1.4V, VCCIO=1.2 and VCCSA=1.25, 18-18-18-38-T2, mode1, mode2, auto, auto voltage - it's just not work with any settings.
With BIOS 0805 I was able to boot on 3600-3800 MHz but there was instability in tests.

CPU: 9900k
14 REPLIES 14

Melkor
Level 7
Yes.ImP wrote:
Hi.

I tryed to set DRAM 1.4V, VCCIO=1.2 and VCCSA=1.25, 18-18-18-38-T2, mode1, mode2, auto, auto voltage - it's just not work with any settings.
With BIOS 0805 I was able to boot on 3800 MHz but there was instability in tests.

Hey,

I don't have solution for You but a question, I own these sticks as well and this RAM caused a lots of problems for me to run at rated spec at any bios version. How did You set them in earlier bioses in order to work? XMP or manual with higher timings? I ask because nothing was working for me, throwing higher voltages either.. Sometimes they would run only on first try with Mode 1 set in DRAM settings but running RAMTest for few seconds was enough to see a lot of errors. If I tried to restart PC it resulted in boot hang. In the end as I checked they are actually Samsung B Die I managed to set them at 3200 with low timings 14-14-14-34 2T (in Mode 2 for tighter other timings), DRAM 1.35V, VCCIO 1.05 and VCCSA 1.1.

Melkor wrote:
Hey,
How did You set them in earlier bioses in order to work? XMP or manual with higher timings? I ask because nothing was working for me, throwing higher voltages either.. Sometimes they would run only on first try with Mode 1 set in DRAM settings but running RAMTest for few seconds was enough to see a lot of errors.

With BIOS 0805 testmem5 passes 3 times and hci memtest passes 500% on 3600 17-17-17-38, 1.38V, 1.17 / 1.22.
For a long time I was sure of stability until once got error in POST.
G.Skill F4-3600C17D-32GTZR is 2x16GB which is not on Asus QVL but it is at G.Skill QVL which I trusted and it was my mistake.

I did same mistake. The only hope - if Asus will test this kit. The answer from Asus:
"Currently we haven't such DRAM modules in our lab, so we can't test them. But we will try to request test samples from G.Skill."

Phoenix2000
Level 7
Yes.ImP wrote:
Hi.

With BIOS 0805 I was able to boot on 3800 MHz but there was instability in tests.

Stay on Bios 0602, i have tested all Bios except 1105,on my Wifi XI, 0602 it´s the most stable Bios for Memory
The most IMC make 4133 or higher with 4x8GB B-Die.And use Mode1, with Mode 2 i can´t get higher than 4133.
Max. stable 4x8GB 4500 but for that you need good IMC

max. Performance stable 4x8gb 4350

Phoenix2000 wrote:
Stay on Bios 0602, i have tested all Bios except 1105,on my Wifi XI, 0602 it´s the most stable Bios for Memory
The most IMC make 4133 or higher with 4x8GB B-Die.And use Mode1, with Mode 2 i can´t get higher than 4133.
Max. stable 4x8GB 4500 but for that you need good IMC

max. Performance stable 4x8gb 4350

I'm on 0905 Maximus XI Hero. If I would like to go back with 0602 should I install (and how) any of updates coming with new BIOSes (ie. ME FW, RST driver, etc.)?

You can normaly use all new driver etc. in Windows, but no Update´s coming from Bios, like the last Meltown patch etc..

It´s your decision, never change a runing system is by this Board Bios 0602.The Last Bios Patch´s Meltown cost also Performance, so my decision is easy i stay and be happy with a Ultra fast and stable System.
Spectre is save Meltown not by Tool Inspectre, with that i can life.

Phoenix2000 wrote:
You can normaly use all new driver etc. in Windows, but no Update´s coming from Bios, like the last Meltown patch etc..

It´s your decision, never change a runing system is by this Board Bios 0602.The Last Bios Patch´s Meltown cost also Performance, so my decision is easy i stay and be happy with a Ultra fast and stable System.

I've reverted back to 0602 and I have to say this is the most stable BIOS for me. I wonder why ASUS had to screw up something working before...

Phoenix2000 wrote:

@Phoenix2000, may I ask you to test WinRAR big file (>10GB) extraction when memory is set of MODE 1 and RAM running @38660Mhz or more?
I have MXI Hero, i9-9900k @5GHz and TridentZ F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR. I'm able to successfuly pass WinRAR extraction of big rar file but only with Mode 2. In Mode 1 I got errors stating archive is corrupted (but archive consistency confirmed on other computer). My issue persists on two different TridentZ Quad kits. No matter what Maximus Tweak mode is set, Karhu RAM test passes with 13000% coverage.
I'm very interested if this issue relates to my configuration only or it is Maximus XI HERO and TridentZ related thing.

cniedzi wrote:
@Phoenix2000, may I ask you to test WinRAR big file (>10GB) extraction when memory is set of MODE 1 and RAM running @38660Mhz or more?
I have MXI Hero, i9-9900k @5GHz and TridentZ F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR. I'm able to successfuly pass WinRAR extraction of big rar file but only with Mode 2. In Mode 1 I got errors stating archive is corrupted (but archive consistency confirmed on other computer). My issue persists on two different TridentZ Quad kits. No matter what Maximus Tweak mode is set, Karhu RAM test passes with 13000% coverage.
I'm very interested if this issue relates to my configuration only or it is Maximus XI HERO and TridentZ related thing.

I Know your Problem , i get the same other 4366Mhz, with really!!!! bad Subtiming Setting, i can reach higher Frequency without get Problem´s unpacking.
I´m using JDownloader there you have this also by smaller Files , so i drive 4350Mhz in fast without this Problem.

The Important Thing is CPU and the Socket, you can rebuild the CPU in the Socket, if there the contact not perfekt you have a Problem.

similar boat, I got 4x16gb trident z 3600 mhz on a maximums hero xi and all 4 sticks work in b1&2 but none work in the a slots, so right now I'm running 2x16gb on the b slots, any ideas on how to get all 4 slots working