cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Aura lights

Phillyman
Level 7
Hello. since there is no x570 section yet i figured i would post here. I have an Asu CH8 Hero wifi and a 3900x. After i installed all the driver my Aura lights dont work. The bios has them set to on but the light wont turn on. The lighting application doesnt work. If i put the pc in sleep mode the bring it out of sleep mode they turn on. If i then try to use the app the lights turn off.

When the app is installed in the window event viewer i see this error.

The LightingService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 26 time(s).
Any ideas? This is a fresh Os install.
7 REPLIES 7

Magoots
Level 7
Phillyman wrote:
Hello. since there is no x570 section yet i figured i would post here. I have an Asu CH8 Hero wifi and a 3900x. After i installed all the driver my Aura lights dont work. The bios has them set to on but the light wont turn on. The lighting application doesnt work. If i put the pc in sleep mode the bring it out of sleep mode they turn on. If i then try to use the app the lights turn off.

When the app is installed in the window event viewer i see this error.

The LightingService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 26 time(s).
Any ideas? This is a fresh Os install.

I had the same issue. I got it working by using an older version of Aura, 1.0.6, I think? I then had to run CMD in as an admin and open the installed exe. Pain the butt.

The mobo is advertised as having DTS Surround Unbound. Did you get that installed? Nothing I tried works to get the DTS software. It's unfortuante because DTS Headphone X is miles above Sonic Studio when it comes to virtualization.

Magoots wrote:
I had the same issue. I got it working by using an older version of Aura, 1.0.6, I think? I then had to run CMD in as an admin and open the installed exe. Pain the butt.

The mobo is advertised as having DTS Surround Unbound. Did you get that installed? Nothing I tried works to get the DTS software. It's unfortuante because DTS Headphone X is miles above Sonic Studio when it comes to virtualization.

No I didnt I use cheap pc speakers so wasn't even going to bother, i will try an older version and see how that work as far as the lighting goes.

Auranapse
Level 7
Mine is at least on all the time, and I can't change it at all other than turning it off in the bios. Aura doesn't work either.
On the Strix X570-F.

americorlolivei
Level 7
Hi I have a strix X570-E and it’s the same.
Aura software doesn’t work and I only can switch off the leds in bios.

americorlolivei
Level 7

americorloliveira wrote:
Now it´s working the solution is in here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB/page52#post778628

Can confirm it has worked for me, thank you!!

Kiro2019
Level 7
Hi,

I'm new to the forums so not quite sure where everything is yet, saw this thread and thought I'd post in here to save on starting an entirely new one.

I have an issue with a Strix X570-f Gaming motherboard whereby the lights integrated into the I/O shield that should be compatible with Aura Sync are behaving in an odd manner. This is a new system to which I ported my old harddrives over to because I wanted to keep their storage capacity (and I haven't yet gotten around to migrating the OS over to my M.2 SSD yet). When I first turned the system on to check if I could get into the BIOS, all the lights turned on as they should; I/O shield lights, case, fans, cooler, etc. all came on.

However, now when I turn my computer on, the I/O shield lights turn off, and all other lights (such as RAM modules, fans, case and cooler) turn on. When I turn the system off, the I/O lights turn on, but the other lights turn on. The motherboard is also not being found in the Aura Sync App but my RAM modules are - and they're all that shows up in the Aura Sync App.

I've been into the BIOS, gone to Advance > Onboard Devices > LED Lighting and have set the available options as follows:

Option 1) When the system is in a working state: "All On" and "Aura Only"
Option 2) When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states: I've tried this as "All On", "Aura Only", and "Stealth".

I've also tried switching the "AURA ON/OFF(F4)" setting in the top right of the BIOS window to "Aura Only" and "All On".

If I change the light settings to All Off/Stealth, then no lights come on, which is expected. But changing the settings to "All On" and "Aura Only" when the system is in a working state doesn't seem to do anything.
I've tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery, and removing the battery and shorting the two pins as suggested by the manual that came with the board.

I've tried the following:
- uninstalling and reinstalling Aura Sync App.
- turning the lights off in the BIOS , restarting, then going back into the BIOS, turning the lights on, restarting.
- turning the lights off in the BIOS, restarting, uninstalling Aura Sync, restarting back into BIOS, turning lights on, restarting, installing Aura Sync.
- two different Aura versions.
- unplugging all fans and the cooler from the motherboard so they're only powered by the PSU.
- Flashing the BIOS to the most up to date.

Additionally, if I plug the case lighting into a DRGB header on the motherboard through the case lighting won't turn on.

System specs:

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
M/B: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen R7 2700 @ 3.2GHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290x Tri-X
RAM: Team Group T-Force Nighthawk DDR4 3000 MHz *GB x2 (16GB total)
Cooler: Corsair H100i SE Platinum RGB with 2 Corsair LL fans (white).
PSU: Seagate SnowSilent 750W Platinum Rated.
Case fans: Thermal Take Riing Trio Premium x3 with included hub.

Current BIOS Version: 1201
Aura Sync Version: 1.07.71 (have also tried version 1.07.66)

Please note that I have not installed any other lighting software. Only Asus Aura Sync is installed on my machine.

Sorry for the long post.

Kind regards.