Running a C7H wifi with a R7 2700x
Current bios is 2203

When i try to update the bios using EZ update to 2304 or 2406, I get this error

"The model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present"

Any idea.
6 REPLIES 6

Falck
Level 10
You made sure you've downloaded the Wi-Fi BIOS?

Yes, even re-flashed the 2203 bios from the same page successfully.

gupsterg
Level 13
Use Flashback. Method is outlined in manual and scroll down is in this post.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Oldar
Level 7
I had the same problem, which is funny enough as I use the same NTFS USB 3.0 drive for my Bios updates for the exact same mobo since I bought it (8 months now)

Anyway, although I did the 2501 bios update without problems, I wanted to go back to my most stable build I had with 2203 version cause of some unstable problems I encountered with that version of bios. When I tried with the same method, I received the same error message as you did.

What it did the trick for me:

1. I formatted the USB flash to Fat 32 from windows option and I make sure NOT to be a quick format
2. I copied the Bios in the flash and rename the file into C7HWIFI.CAP
3. Make sure you insert the flash drive into the USB Bios Flashback Port (you can check which port it is from the manual - the first left USB port as you watch the back of the mobo in case it is vertically installed)
4. You can either do it by pressing the Bios Update button for like 3 secs OR entering into the Bios as you normally do and set it from there (I did the second option)

In any case I hope this short guide to help you with your need.

Friendly
Oldar

Thedonsimmer
Level 7

I have this same problem and would like to keep using the EZ update since I do not have a flash drive and don’t have time to get one. If there is a fix to keep using EZ update I would gratefully appreciate it.