Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mpgioia View Post
    Mate, did you replace your AC7260 on the G751## with an AC8260 ?
    If so.. i'm going to do the same.. the AC7260 is plagued with problems... aka like this thread alludes to, and here, also, https://community.intel.com/t5/Wirel...es/td-p/473584. Exactly my symptom. The only way I can make it work is if I run the Windows 2015 driver.. where you get HT mode in the Advanced settings.. and you set it to HT instead of VHT.. And thus.. it runs between varied results of 150Mbps and 300Mbps .. otherwise.. it constantly resets with the `Event ID 8000 NETwNb64` issue in evtx...

What about an AC 9260 ? compat wise.. Any comments/thoughts here ?

Hang on.. the physical dimensions of an AC 8260 is completely different from an AC 7260.. isn't it .. You definitely were able to slot in an AC8260 on a G751JY ?.. I don't see how that could work ? The PCI-E keying/notches between 7260 and 8260 are completely different.. aren't they ?

New ROGer Array

I haven't changed mine, but if I remember, I had to use a specific driver, and I disabled windows 10 from updating drivers. I don't have the laptop in front of me right now, but when I get it next time, I can post what driver I was using. The wireless card is still working fine with no issues.

--- UPDATE to all for what it's worth and to close out this thread.. and help if anyone wants to do this... ---
    No.. the physical dimensions are identical .. but the pinouts are slightly different. In that.. the 9260 had pins solidly all the way through post the notch to the end (if traversing from left to right.... when looking at the chip.. pins bottom .. aux/main top), where as 7260/8260 had another notch/gap.
    The 9260 was not identified in a hardware scan period.. no VID/PID detected.. the 8260 was.. and this card is great compared to the stock 7260 that my G751JY came with ... not a single NETBW event error thrown.. no cycling of reset of the adaptor.. Heaps better performance .. more closer to maxing out to the ac roof of throughput.. and heaps better stability.
    The 7260's were indeed plagued with issues.. Highly recommend everyone facing the same to cross-grade to an 8260. Regardless of drivers used.. Aka Microsoft/Intel. It's great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3