cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x570 Strix Gaming-F always crash on R7 3700x

youngpilotasus2
Level 7
Hi,

I've just got a brand new Asus x507 Strix gaming-f, R7 3700x and fresh install of Windows 10 May Update (latest update). But every time boot into Windows I got a crash that shown stop code "bad_system_config_info"

My Ram kit is Corsair 16GBx2 @ 3200MHz
My BIOS version is 0804 (I also tried 7010 beta version)
My BIOS settings is default

Has anyone met this issue?

Please help!

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Gamil
Level 7
Did it ever boot successfully?

Can you roll back to a previous system restore point?

If you can see the entire stop code {0x00000074([parameters])} on the bluescreen, can you say what the fourth parameter is?

Did you run a full memory and at least a quick disk test?

youngpilotasus2
Level 7
- Yes. I did boot successfully
- I can't. Because this is the fresh install of Windows OS
- The crash screen just shows me the stop_code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
- I tried with both 3200MHz and the default 2133MHz. I haven't tried a quick disk test (and don't know how)

That stop code means the registry is corrupt. The simplest thing to do would be to try reinstalling, if you haven't already.

I *believe* the Windows 10 "Repair" options (they should come up after you bluescreen three times) include a pretty solid memory test. It isn't useful for overclocking, but is useful for diagnosing bad RAM or very unstable RAM.

You might try lowering the RAM speed and reinstalling, just in case there's a problem with the memory stability.

If you can get at least one working boot out of it, manually create a system restore point, that will hopefully keep you from having to reinstall.

If you can't reinstall Windows and use a Windows-based memory test, definitely create a bootable memtest86 USB or disc and run a full memtest pass. (I'd try to link, but I probably don't have the ability to post links).

Your HDD/SSD manufacturer should have a bootable tool available for download that will run a drive test. If you can get a working Windows install, you can try Hard Disk Sentinel, it can have most drives run internal self-tests.

youngpilotasus2
Level 7
I've just found that it's the mainboard issue because of the pressure drop of 3V and 5V port

If I remove the 4-pin CPU cable on the mainboard, the system will behave correctly accordingly to enough voltage on 3V and 5V
If I use full cable on that port, the pressure drop will comeback

Can anyone help me to explain this? Is this the mainboard issue or it's the correct behaviour?

Plus I have to use HDMI cable to connect to monitor instead of Display Port because it doesn't work

Thanks

youngpilotasus2017 wrote:
I've just found that it's the mainboard issue because of the pressure drop of 3V and 5V port

If I remove the 4-pin CPU cable on the mainboard, the system will behave correctly accordingly to enough voltage on 3V and 5V
If I use full cable on that port, the pressure drop will comeback

Can anyone help me to explain this? Is this the mainboard issue or it's the correct behaviour?

Plus I have to use HDMI cable to connect to monitor instead of Display Port because it doesn't work

Thanks

Does that mean that you plugged both 8-pins and 4-pins to the CPU ? Because I'm pretty sure you only need the 8-pins one. Never use the 4-pins alone though.

Although you're not wrong about this forums being flat dead and asus being a ****ty company after sale. Gigabyte definitely seems to be the way to go.

About HDMI or DP I'm not sure what you mean because 3700X doesn't have integrated GPU so those should be plugged on your GPU card, not on the mobo.

youngpilotasus2
Level 7
Anyone here?

youngpilotasus2
Level 7
I really disappointed with the support of Asus. Had purchased so many Asus product but the service is really bad. Plan to move the other brand like Gigabyte