cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Fan Xpert/AI Suite for Windows 10 64-bit and old computer?

bugme-not
Level 7
Hello friends,

Is there a Fan Xpert/AI Suite version that works with Windows 10 64-bit and a ASUS P5QL Pro motherboard?

I want to control my CPU fan with Fan Xpert; it worked great in Windows XP but it does not work in Windows 10 and I could not find a new version or a better alternative (SpeedFan is too complex and unreliable to me).

Can someone help me?

thank you very much in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Starling
Level 7
Edit.

If you install the latest version of AI Suite III, it has Fan Xpert 4 included.

bugme-not
Level 7
Are you sure that will work with my motherboard? some time ago I tried to install AI Suite III and it said that my model was not supported, but maybe it was a different version. I'm willing to try it again if you can provide a download link. Thank you.

bugme-not wrote:
Are you sure that will work with my motherboard? some time ago I tried to install AI Suite III and it said that my model was not supported, but maybe it was a different version. I'm willing to try it again if you can provide a download link. Thank you.

Go to your motherboard support page and you'll find it under utilities.:)
I'm trying to find Fan Expert as a standalone install, because AI Suite literally turns off my PC.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
I have had similar issues with an ROG Rampage IIi Black Edition motherboard. AI Suite II will no longer install and Asus has virtually dropped support for it for the motherboard if you install Windows 10. There is nothing else for the motherboard from Asus either--as in no compatible newer version of AI Suite, such as AI Suite III. I used SpeedFan for a while, but found it hard to tweak and use. Hence, I have set up the fans in the BIOS. That worked like a charm, so you might try that if you are in the same boat. 😄 You might also install HWMonitor and keep it running whenever you are using your computer to keep an eye on your temperatures. It wouldn't be so great if your settings were off and you ended up with overheating issues, trust me... Hopefully this helps.