Storage #2A couple SanDisk Ultra II SSDs and storage HDDs
    CPU CoolerCorsair AIO H80i v2
    CaseCorsair 330R
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650i
    Keyboard Logitech K400 plus & G13
    Mouse Logitech G302
    Headset Logitech G430
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm.... this is clearly a UEFI bug and has, indeed, nothing to do with anything SW related.

I'm running in issues now myself - with a 3600X on this board. I was on 7201 initially - but my USB drives kept freezing during file transfer (I build an m.2 usb stick with a SATA based m.2 ssd for... well... "larger files"). It took me a while to figure this one out - and it seems related to PCIe bus issues. Windows keept logging weird RAID and disk issues - I'll spare you the madness that ensued. Bottom line was, only a complete bios update solved this issue (for now, further testing follows tomorrow). I found 7304 here on these forums, it is AGESA 1.0.0.3 (no suffix) based so... fingers crossed. D/L link is here if you want to skip the slooooow forum server. =)

Since I cannot verify the origin of this one - caution is advised. I had issues and therefore had to try it - others: be vigilant.
    Last edited by Ravwyn; 08-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ravwyn View Post
    here if you want to skip the slooooow forum server. =)
    Thanks for the link.

Edit: Just got the cold-boot-bug again. Definitely still around. Please, someone look into this. The only settings I've changes are:
    CSM > Disabled
    LEDs > Stealth Mode
    CPU Fan > Custom
    Last edited by Lextra; 08-05-2019 at 12:08 AM.

New ROGer Array

Workaround for the PWM issue

After many tries to fix the PWM issue on my own, I have found a little workaround which worked so far without problems.

For this workaround I changed all my PWM fans from PWM mode to DC mode in the BIOS.
    When it is changed, the minimum fan speed on DC mode is 60%.
    To get the possible options for lower fan speeds, you need to run the Q-Fan Tuning which will take some take some minutes. After it's done, you can change your fan curves to the PWM one and also have the option to turn fans off on lower temperatures via the BIOS.

The only downside is that fans will run slower on lower fan speeds but the maximum fan speed will be the same like the PWM one. Another downside is the effiency but according to the power consumption of case fans, it can be ignored in my opinion.

EDIT: The workaround is still affected by the bug but somehow running the fans in DC mode delays it better
    Last edited by MeNot; 08-06-2019 at 01:45 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just ordered a ch6 for a ryzen 3600 setup - wat iam reading here sounds horrible (specially the cpu fan bug)! Maybe it was a mistake buying this board?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 6kbyte View Post
    I just ordered a ch6 for a ryzen 3600 setup - wat iam reading here sounds horrible (specially the cpu fan bug)! Maybe it was a mistake buying this board?
    I don't regret my purchase of this mainboard. The fan bug only happened 3 times in total so far (it has already been used for multiple 100s of hours since I build it), and every single time I had hwinfo64 running aswell. So this bug might only ever happen when hwinfo "calls" the mainboard for the updated statistics. And the cold boot bug is just annoying. And dosen't really break anything.

ROG Member Array randydvd PC Specs
    randydvd PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero BIOS 7302
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700x
    Memory (part number)CMW16GX4M2D3600C18
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Edition Gaming
    MonitorAcer Predator X34A
    Storage #1Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512gb
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 240gb
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2014 Tournament Edition
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Headset Plantronics GameCom 780
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Control Edition Extended
    Headset/Speakers Altec Lansing ADA 890
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Razer Mouse Bungee

Quote Originally Posted by Lextra View Post
    I don't regret my purchase of this mainboard. The fan bug only happened 3 times in total so far (it has already been used for multiple 100s of hours since I build it), and every single time I had hwinfo64 running aswell. So this bug might only ever happen when hwinfo "calls" the mainboard for the updated statistics. And the cold boot bug is just annoying. And dosen't really break anything.
    While on BIOS 7302 (the only one I've used when installing R7 3700x coming from 6301 with my R7 1700) I've seen the CPU fan ramp down to about 400rpm (set to 1200~1500 ish) and chassis fans to about 700~800 rpm (they're set to their max 1500 ish) as if they weren't getting enough power; and on one occasion the CPU fan just went to 0 rpm, stopped spinning completely. Several times the CPU temperature reading (in hwmonitor) has gotten stuck at a certain number too (random degree celcius). All the above requires a reboot of the system to return to usual operation. EVERY SINGLE TIME any of the above happened, I was having hwmonitor running for extended periods of time (hours, more than a day etc).

On my last reboot, I abstained from running hwmonitor or hwinfo anything longer than 5~10 minutes, only to check status then exit. No problems since. Leads me to be pretty convinced hwmonitor/hwinfo/etc utilities calling/polling the motherboard's sensors/controller for these rpm/temperature values are causing the problems with fan stopping/ramping down to terribly low level. I don't think this ever happened once on my R7 1700 on the C6H Bios 6301 so it may be the BIOS itself (or AGESA? if it's possible even).

Hoping Asus will look into this.
    Last edited by randydvd; 08-09-2019 at 06:54 AM.

New ROGer Array

Preface: I am in no way arguing that anyone should have to do this, or that Asus does not need to get a handle on this fan bug, but...

Have any of you considered getting a Corsair Commander Pro and just foregoing the Asus fan headers entirely? It has 6 PWM fan headers on it. It also has the benefit of adding an additional USB 2.0 header (it has 2 on it, but it requires 1 from the mainboard, and c6h has only one) as well as up to 4x 10k ohm temp probes (and it comes with the probes as well as 6x PWM fan extension cables) and 2 lighting channels for Corsair Addressable RGB stuff if you are into that sort of thing.

I have one, and once the Commander Pro is set with a fan curve, you don't actually need to run the Corsair iCue or Link software anymore - it remembers your settings. It also works fine with HWInfo monitoring. All it needs is the aforementioned USB 2.0 header from the mainboard and a SATA power plug from your power supply. A lot of Corsair stuff is pretty expensive, but you get a lot for the ~$80 US they ask for the Commander Pro. I have never regretted the purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2