cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 1902 and system freezes

cekeu
Level 12
..........TPU1 and 2 and systeme freeze in video game/ R6E & i9 7900x..............with all bios after 1503
28 REPLIES 28

jsarver
Level 11
Very confusing post. So you only have good performance with tpu1? Manually clocking your cpu doesn’t work as well for you?

cekeu
Level 12
yes the manual overclock works well, but it's not normal that the system freezes in advanced games when automatic overclocking is active. it's like that since the bios 1704 and now also with the 1902. it has never been since the first bios until the bios 1503

jsarver
Level 11
personally auto oc and software oc has always worked terribly for me. This bios is woking great for me as I only manually oc. Xmp and previous 1603 oc settings are stable and working well in 1903. Those same settings would crash and freeze my pc with 1704*

jsarver wrote:
personally auto oc and software oc has always worked terribly for me. This bios is woking great for me as I only manually oc. Xmp and previous 1603 oc settings are stable and working well in 1903. Those same settings would crash and freeze my pc with 1704*

thank you for your info

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
I don't have this board but my 9940x hated 1704 bios
Lots of memory quirks

1902 seems to be working okay but I already have adjusted timings and still use them instead of either manually entering default timings... or xmp profile
I don't use xmp much anymore all it really does is set default timings and dimm voltage/ activates multicore enhancements but if manually entering core.. then makes it mute point to use xmp profiles

Unless you're using Raga timing tweaks then you'd be using them instead of xmp unless he recommends it somewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cekeu
Level 12
I decided to switch to manual overclocking too. No problem.

JTZ1032
Level 9
cekeu wrote:
With this bios 1902 I have the same system freeze problems in advanced games (as with bios 1704) when I overclock the CPU and memory in TPU I or TPU II (automatic overclocking) mode enabled.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your discussion on the new BIOS.

I'm using the old 1401 BIOS on my Rampage VI APEX. All my BIOS settings are at default and my system is stable. Should I update since I wish to resolve the Intel security issue mentioned in the BIOS release notes?

I recall many previous threads discussing instability in the 1705 BIOS. How stable is the 1902 BIOS? I already have Intel ME 11.11.65.1590 installed.

My system specs are below. Thanks for any advice.

Intel Core i9 Extreme 7980XE @ 2.6 GHz (18 cores, 36 threads)
Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
64GB (4x 16 GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum PC4-21300 at CAS 15-15-15-36-1T
Asus Rampage VI Apex X299
2x Nvidia Titan RTX (NVLink Enabled)

According to another thread (linked to below); it depends on your system; some systems are fine with the 1902 BIOS others aren’t.
I’m not willing to risk it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112188-Rampage-vi-extreme-bio-s-1902&

JTZ1032 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your discussion on the new BIOS.

I'm using the old 1401 BIOS on my Rampage VI APEX. All my BIOS settings are at default and my system is stable. Should I update since I wish to resolve the Intel security issue mentioned in the BIOS release notes?

I recall many previous threads discussing instability in the 1705 BIOS. How stable is the 1902 BIOS? I already have Intel ME 11.11.65.1590 installed.

My system specs are below. Thanks for any advice.

Intel Core i9 Extreme 7980XE @ 2.6 GHz (18 cores, 36 threads)
Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
64GB (4x 16 GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum PC4-21300 at CAS 15-15-15-36-1T
Asus Rampage VI Apex X299
2x Nvidia Titan RTX (NVLink Enabled)

I think you can try the bios 1902, some system freezes when the TPU I or II mode or just the XMP mode are activated (for me it only happens in advanced games) For others there is is not this problem. I have no problems with default and manual OC.You can go back to your favorite bios (for me it's the 1503) using ASUS BIOS Flashback if the EZ Flash method is problematic
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-APEX/HelpDesk/