New ROGer Array

GX502 GW heating up

Hi there,

I have the asus GX502GW and the cpu gets up to 95 celsius when gaming BF5. I tried undervolting, but could only get -.50 cpu and cache before it came unstable. Also tried buying a cooling pad, but didnt help much. I was thinking about repasting with Kryonaut, do i break the warranty then? Anyone know if the original paste on this is bad? Also tried underclockking a bit to get the thermals down...
    Anyone have any tips og tricks? Its brand new, 1 week old
    Gtx 2700 and intel i7 9750 h.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb GU502GU - 1660ti

My NB had a same problem , cpu get high temp when heavy gaming it gets 96c . also tried uV by -60mV but no help .then i try to make air flow better by put my NB between two items (like book) and my max cpu temp only 90c . maybe yo can tryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190723_023335.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	81117

New ROGer Array

RE: GX502 GW heating up

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn89 View Post
    Hi there,

I have the asus GX502GW and the cpu gets up to 95 celsius when gaming BF5. I tried undervolting, but could only get -.50 cpu and cache before it came unstable. Also tried buying a cooling pad, but didnt help much. I was thinking about repasting with Kryonaut, do i break the warranty then? Anyone know if the original paste on this is bad? Also tried underclockking a bit to get the thermals down...
    Anyone have any tips og tricks? Its brand new, 1 week old
    Gtx 2700 and intel i7 9750 h.
    Hey,

I have a system same as yours. My maximum undervolt was also -50mV. It seems that the software on laptop prevents it from reducing boost clock speeds. Because Mine stays at 4GHz under full load regardless of CPU temperature. What I did to keep the temperatures below 85C for long term gameplay was to reduce turbo boost limits. I've set mine to be 3.3GHz with 6 Cores, 3.5GHz 5 Cores and etc... This reduces performance but also reduces temperatures.

I'm also wondering about repasting the CPU/GPU, because Core 2 is always hotter than the rest. Could be because it's used more OR uneven paste.

New ROGer Array

CPU temp annoying Zephyrus GX502

Quote Originally Posted by flikr96 View Post
    Hey,

I have a system same as yours. My maximum undervolt was also -50mV. It seems that the software on laptop prevents it from reducing boost clock speeds. Because Mine stays at 4GHz under full load regardless of CPU temperature. What I did to keep the temperatures below 85C for long term gameplay was to reduce turbo boost limits. I've set mine to be 3.3GHz with 6 Cores, 3.5GHz 5 Cores and etc... This reduces performance but also reduces temperatures.

I'm also wondering about repasting the CPU/GPU, because Core 2 is always hotter than the rest. Could be because it's used more OR uneven paste.
    Hi guys!
    Mine is really hot too, but there is something weird (not really annoying but), I downed the CPU usage to 70% max in windows settings and even with that the CPU temp goes very high, I precise that it goes high but in a way it is like 80C average and there are only some peeks to 89C while playing Overwatch like an hour.
    80C is not that high for a gaming laptop average but the weird thing is that someone told me that with 85% of CPU usage and about 23C room temp his laptop goes maximum to 75C... And even if the CPU usage is stuck to 70%, the frequency is about 4 ghz average lol.

Some help? xD