cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX502 GW heating up

Djinn89
Level 7
Hi there,

I have the asus GX502GW and the cpu gets up to 95 celsius when gaming BF5. I tried undervolting, but could only get -.50 cpu and cache before it came unstable. Also tried buying a cooling pad, but didnt help much. I was thinking about repasting with Kryonaut, do i break the warranty then? Anyone know if the original paste on this is bad? Also tried underclockking a bit to get the thermals down...
Anyone have any tips og tricks? Its brand new, 1 week old
Gtx 2700 and intel i7 9750 h.
4 REPLIES 4

farizaldo
Level 7
My NB had a same problem , cpu get high temp when heavy gaming it gets 96c . also tried uV by -60mV but no help .then i try to make air flow better by put my NB between two items (like book) and my max cpu temp only 90c . maybe yo can try81117

flikr96
Level 7
Djinn89 wrote:
Hi there,

I have the asus GX502GW and the cpu gets up to 95 celsius when gaming BF5. I tried undervolting, but could only get -.50 cpu and cache before it came unstable. Also tried buying a cooling pad, but didnt help much. I was thinking about repasting with Kryonaut, do i break the warranty then? Anyone know if the original paste on this is bad? Also tried underclockking a bit to get the thermals down...
Anyone have any tips og tricks? Its brand new, 1 week old
Gtx 2700 and intel i7 9750 h.

Hey,

I have a system same as yours. My maximum undervolt was also -50mV. It seems that the software on laptop prevents it from reducing boost clock speeds. Because Mine stays at 4GHz under full load regardless of CPU temperature. What I did to keep the temperatures below 85C for long term gameplay was to reduce turbo boost limits. I've set mine to be 3.3GHz with 6 Cores, 3.5GHz 5 Cores and etc... This reduces performance but also reduces temperatures.

I'm also wondering about repasting the CPU/GPU, because Core 2 is always hotter than the rest. Could be because it's used more OR uneven paste.

flikr96 wrote:
Hey,

I have a system same as yours. My maximum undervolt was also -50mV. It seems that the software on laptop prevents it from reducing boost clock speeds. Because Mine stays at 4GHz under full load regardless of CPU temperature. What I did to keep the temperatures below 85C for long term gameplay was to reduce turbo boost limits. I've set mine to be 3.3GHz with 6 Cores, 3.5GHz 5 Cores and etc... This reduces performance but also reduces temperatures.

I'm also wondering about repasting the CPU/GPU, because Core 2 is always hotter than the rest. Could be because it's used more OR uneven paste.

Hi guys!
Mine is really hot too, but there is something weird (not really annoying but), I downed the CPU usage to 70% max in windows settings and even with that the CPU temp goes very high, I precise that it goes high but in a way it is like 80C average and there are only some peeks to 89C while playing Overwatch like an hour.
80C is not that high for a gaming laptop average but the weird thing is that someone told me that with 85% of CPU usage and about 23C room temp his laptop goes maximum to 75C... And even if the CPU usage is stuck to 70%, the frequency is about 4 ghz average lol.

Some help? xD

Hola buenos días, hace mes y medio compre mi computadora Asus Rog Zephyrus S GX502GW, he tenido temperaturas de hasta 98°C la CPU y hasta 83°C en la GPU con picos de potencia de 120W en warzone en modo turbo.
Haciendo subvoltaje a -50, bajando a 3ghz y en modo turbo he conseguido bajar a 85°C y en modo rendimiento a 90°C. ¿Se podría bajar la potencia de la GPU para tener menos temperatura sin perder rendimiento?, ¿Las altas temperaturas afectarían a la durabilidad del portátil? ¿ El funcionamiento es el correcto o debería devolverlo a la tienda?
Gracias