cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trident Z Royal + X99 Strix

goezra4
Level 7
when does this board get driver support for G Skill Trident z Royal, is X99 strix mobo already dead?
11 REPLIES 11

goezra4
Level 7
is there any admin or expert of asus rog product?

What driver support are you looking for? Lighting Control can be downloaded from Gskill.

mdzcpa wrote:
What driver support are you looking for? Lighting Control can be downloaded from Gskill.

already do that , currently using v1.00.03 g skill software and lastest asus aura from asus website yet none of those are working

goezra4
Level 7
and i already update the bios, should i rma my motherboard? kinda funny the g skill already announce support for trident z product to be run in x99 but this mobo refuse it and i also got faulty gpu , god i even dont know how does asus control their QC nowdays

What Gskill part number do you have?

I suggest you uninstall aura and the Gskill light control. Fresh install the Gskill Light Control again (only) and see if that runs the ram RGB. Aura can be buggy. Process of elimination.

Other idea is to run Aura only.

In either case, not a good idea to run both lighting programs together. Aura can control the ram as well.

goezra4
Level 7
no option on aura to control ram RGB , and already do the same as ur advice (re install everything, trying one of them being installed separately) but nothing change still stuck on rainbow mode
do u even have x99?

goezra4 wrote:
no option on aura to control ram RGB , and already do the same as ur advice (re install everything, trying one of them being installed separately) but nothing change still stuck on rainbow mode
do u even have x99?

No, I do not have X99 anymore. However the Gskill website says the ram is X99 and Aura compatible and I have several PCs running the Gskill RGB through Aura here at the house. All three boards different chipsets and it works. GSkill also announced that their RGB works on X99 back in April 2017. Your answer is out there somewhere...the net is choc full of postings about troubleshooting the RGB on X99. Good luck.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Not sure why you'd want it
As said rgb stuff is uncontrollable but maybe that is the support you're wanting doubt that will ever happen seeing yes x99 is eol
It just got another Beta bios update but doubt any others will but that was mostly just for Intel security issues not adding anything else likely.

x99 is fine with other trident-z
I use 3200c14 = 14-14-14-34 timings

As long as tight timings are used I'm sure it will work on x99.
Non rgb overclocks better usually anyway so is this a show or go rig 😛

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Not sure why you'd want it
As said rgb stuff is uncontrollable but maybe that is the support you're wanting doubt that will ever happen seeing yes x99 is eol
It just got another Beta bios update but doubt any others will but that was mostly just for Intel security issues not adding anything else likely.

x99 is fine with other trident-z
I use 3200c14 = 14-14-14-34 timings

As long as tight timings are used I'm sure it will work on x99.
Non rgb overclocks better usually anyway so is this a show or go rig 😛

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

no i dont really care much about overclocking i just wanna make my rig good looking after 2 years of using. and the ram work as usually like a ram but i cant change the lightning even i clean install my windows which i didnt install aura back after re-install windows