cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After latest bios update xi formula gpu issue

Gofran
Level 8
So after updating mine gpu started to show artifact colorful screen all pink or green or it hangs when booting up

The pink issue is when i go to change screen settings on desktop goes to normal

And i found out that now onboard gpu also show now that what is causing the issue i think
Even aura sync is not detecting

I have reinstalled win 10 than it works but when later on the onboard gpu also shows then issue is all back

How to disable onboard gpu
12 REPLIES 12

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
First of all. There is no on-board video. If your system specs are up-to-date, the iGPU (which comes from the intel CPU) AUTOMATICALLY gets disabled when you insert a dedicated GPU. The iGPU should NOT show unless you've specifically changed this in the BIOS and enabled multi-monitor mode.

Gofran
Level 8
No did not do that so i did reflash bios back to older version and the other intel gpu is gone now but when go to the latest bios intell gpu show back on screen i have made two vid please see bot to see what mine issue is

Gofran
Level 8
So iam back to 1005 bios xi formula gpu is better now seems to be detected by aura so that means 12 bios is bad for xi formula

Gtx 1080ti

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Works fine here, same board. Same CPU, only difference is i'm using Corsair dominator ROG edition ram and mine's a 1080 A and not a TI. Perfect video from the start, and i'm using dual monitors

Gofran
Level 8
Hm ok weird when you go to device manager do you see only 1080 or also like intel gpu onboard showing up because that os whats causing mine issue

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
just the 1080, like it should be

chevell65
Level 12
You should be able to turn off the onboard GPU under Advanced tab/ System Agent Configuration/ Graphics Configuration.

Gofran
Level 8
so i think i know why now what is causing the issue i noticed that when i update the bios in the bios arae its not alway 100 % good so i did it via reflash bios with a usb stick
so this what i did an learnd i also forgot about this and HOPPER64 told me about it gave me some extra usefull tips
and then i remmembered that i can try that option also
but now i got it fixed

is update to latest all drivers check that

shutdown the pc remove powercord pres start buton few times to drain all power
then press cmos clear button then put usb in with the latest bios in the bios usb port
press and hold bios button on i/o shield wait till it flashes 3 times and the wait untill the light does not flash anymore
then remove usb and cable once more and clear cmos then put back powercord start pc