cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair 7 Hero - BIOS 2501 Issue - System not powering down

Gothmoth
Level 8
i have update the bios to 2501 because i want to run a 3700x soon.

after the update the system does not shut down.

i select shut down in windows. windows seems to shut down, system goes to a black screen.
but the system is still powered on. the fans are turning. power led is on etc.

have to manualy power down the pc via power button.
on next boot i get "F1 please enter bios" crap....

i did nothing beside updating to bios 2501.
i have loaded optimized defaults etc.

from 10 times ony 2 times the system will power down correctly.
9 REPLIES 9

christosjr1
Level 7
Had the same issue and solved it by doing 2 things:
1) enable S5 state in apm settings in the bios
2) disable Windows 10 fast boot https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup?amp

Hope it helps!

Gothmoth
Level 8
thanks!

i have changed S5 state from auto to enabled in the BIOS and that seems to have fixed the issue.
don´t know if fast boot is enabled by default in windows or not. i have not checked my settings yet (i am in a bit of a hurry).

i never changed the S5 or fastboot settings.

so it is confimed that this is an BIOS issue?!

btw: how did you figure this out? 🙂

Hi,*

I have also a C7H Wifi with Ryzen 3700.

I encountered the shutdown problems too... The system won't shutdown..

Then I've disabled fast boot no the pc shutdown (APM s5 hasn't help)

But no my PC shutdown even if I press restart in Windows 😞

Does anyone has the problem too??*

Shibozu wrote:
Hi,*

I have also a C7H Wifi with Ryzen 3700.

I encountered the shutdown problems too... The system won't shutdown..

Then I've disabled fast boot no the pc shutdown (APM s5 hasn't help)

But no my PC shutdown even if I press restart in Windows 😞

Does anyone has the problem too??*

I have crosshair hero 7 Wi-Fi, 2700X. 1201 bios I believe. I just started encountering this issue. Clean installed Windows multiple times. Still getting the issue. I've set S5, S4-S5. Nothing seems to work. Issue started about 5 days ago.

BROKEN81 wrote:
I have crosshair hero 7 Wi-Fi, 2700X. 1201 bios I believe. I just started encountering this issue. Clean installed Windows multiple times. Still getting the issue. I've set S5, S4-S5. Nothing seems to work. Issue started about 5 days ago.

I would try and update tot he latest BIOS 3004. I have had no issues with it.

MacClipper
Level 7
Are you guys updated to Win 10 1903 and using the latest AMD chipset drivers too?
A Mind Forever Voyaging... Across The Universe

MacClipper wrote:
Are you guys updated to Win 10 1903 and using the latest AMD chipset drivers too?

yes.

Oldar
Level 7
Greetings Guys,

I do not know if this is the right place to address an similar power (I think ?) issue I have with the latest BIOS but allow me a try:

My system is:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
MOBO: Asus C7H Wi-Fi
RAM: G. Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 MHz
GPU: Sapphire Fury Nitro+
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 750 Watt

Version of BIOS: 2203 ==> With this version of Bios, I randomly receive some flickering before the Windows start up normally. When the flickering starts, the only solution for me is to restart my pc and then I enter into Windows normally. Usually when that happens, after I enter the Windows, I read a "Radeon Wattman stopped responding problem". That happens about once every five turn on tries.

Version of BIOS: 2501 ==> I thought I give it a try two days ago. Although I never saw any flickering issue, I had some black screen after a short freezing while I was gaming, something like a PSU failure thing. It never happened with any of the previous Bios versions. When that happened, I had to hard reset the system from the power button so I always received a kernel error 41 code in the Event Log. I have installed Version 2203 again to monitor the situation and check if it is a PSU failure indeed or a Bios Version error.

Have you had any similar problems?

Edit #01: Unfortunately the same issue happen to me with Version 2203 a while ago. I will try changing the drivers I am using for my graphic card to the last stable version and I will report back here if that is the case... Although the freezing makes me think that this is some kind of a psu failure...

Edit #02: I think I found out when the problem occurs. It must not be the Drivers of the Bios but the drivers of my graphic card. I made a clean install of an older version and no problems occurred so far.

Friendly
Oldar

Gothmoth
Level 8
so today i update my B350 strix to the latest bios (Version 5204) and now this system is also not powering down... asus is such a ****show.

is someone from asus actually reading the forums and forwarding these issues to the BIOS team?