Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Okay, so I stumbled upon these articles:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/These-....427047.0.html

https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/sho...an-on-windows/

I have my laptop currently on the Windows profile, okay? So, I opened up Windows power settings, looked at the advanced power options, and it showed the maximum processor state at 50%. I raised it to 75% so I'll see how that does...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jcomper23 View Post
    Yes, very interesting. Now, is it possible to adjust the PL1 and PL2 limits within Throttlestop? Can they even be changed within Armory Crate?!
    Yes, you can in TPL tab. Set both short and long power limit and clamp to your need but DON'T LOCK them.
    Also, I would not use XTU because, Armoury Crate runs older version of XTUservices and can clash. I would get rid of XTU and then reinstall ArmouryCrateService_W10_64_V258 from November which is the latest. This will install ASUS version of XTUservices that are compatible with Armoury Crate.
    I would recommend if it still overheats something like PL1=60-65 and PL2=80ish... Good luck to you!

New ROGer Array

Okay, so I stumbled upon these articles:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/These-....427047.0.html

https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/sho...an-on-windows/

I have my laptop currently on the Windows profile, okay? So, I opened up Windows power settings, looked at the advanced power options, and it showed the maximum processor state at 50%. I raised it to 75% so I'll see how that does...
    I wouldn't use Windows mode in Armoury Crate for Gaming. I have mine set up so I use Windows mode for work/browsing etc. I have one Performance mode for light gaming and Turbo mode for FPS critical gaming. Asus will switch Windows Power Plans accordingly. For example, in Windows mode, it uses Balanced profile whereas Performace/Turbo use High Performance Profile. Setting CPU max % to control temp isn't recommended especially if you are using Throttlestop/undervolt/PL tweaks.

New ROGer Array

I don't think XTU is installed... All I see is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	83448

New ROGer Array

Okay, now the folder looks like:

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	83452

And it doesn't let me delete it. Does Armoury Crate use the files?

New ROGer Array

Hi!

I've got Scar III G731GW with i7 9750H/RTX2070.
    Firstly, I want to share: I uninstalled Interl XTU because it's a pile of bugs! ThtottleStop works fine and monitors both GPU and CPU temperatures. I managed to get it working steadily with CPU core and offset -120 and iGPU -155. That dropped the temperature in browser/office to 42C, and to 61C while gaming.
    With GPU I used MS Afterburner to downvolt and reached down to 62C from 85C (while playing PUBG and WOT @ ultra settings)!

Has anyone reached complete scilence while using browser? My CPU is usually 42-44C in this mode and I can clearly hear the rightside vent.

Secondly, what is the purpoose of Armory Crate profiles? Do they only change coolers' performance without changing CPU/GPU modes? What do these profiles actually control?

Regards,
    LuxLP

New ROGer Array

Okay, I put on ThrottleStop, and set it thus:

Name:	Untitled3.jpg 
Size:	609.3 KB 
ID:	83499

So far, my cores have topped at 76 C, and the computer seems to go fairly smoothly...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by leonid.matisov View Post
    Hi!

I've got Scar III G731GW with i7 9750H/RTX2070.
    Firstly, I want to share: I uninstalled Interl XTU because it's a pile of bugs! ThtottleStop works fine and monitors both GPU and CPU temperatures. I managed to get it working steadily with CPU core and offset -120 and iGPU -155. That dropped the temperature in browser/office to 42C, and to 61C while gaming.
    With GPU I used MS Afterburner to downvolt and reached down to 62C from 85C (while playing PUBG and WOT @ ultra settings)!

Has anyone reached complete scilence while using browser? My CPU is usually 42-44C in this mode and I can clearly hear the rightside vent.

Secondly, what is the purpoose of Armory Crate profiles? Do they only change coolers' performance without changing CPU/GPU modes? What do these profiles actually control?

Regards,
    LuxLP
    From what I can gather Armoury Crate Profiles control BIOS provided Power Limits for CPU and possibly GPU based on cooling and something similar to SST in Throttlestop. It does come with its own version of XTU so don't run Intel XTU along with it. As for Right Vent, that is the one used for cooling GPU mainly + CPU via shared heatpipes, whereas left is more for CPU cooling. You will see right fan running more than left in most scenarios. One crazy thing I have found out is that in ASUS amoury crate/BIO combo, the machine adjusts PL1 and PL2 on the fly so unless you have heat problems, it's almost best to leave them alone. As for iGPU undervolt, that is one heck of undervolt! @.@

New ROGer Array

Okay, I put on ThrottleStop, and set it thus:

Name:	Untitled3.jpg 
Size:	609.3 KB 
ID:	83499

So far, my cores have topped at 76 C, and the computer seems to go fairly smoothly...
    Glad to hear. You have agonized over this far too long.

New ROGer Array

I adjusted the settings thus...

Name:	mm.jpg 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	83951

So far, it's done okay, a bit choppy, but the temp seems to hang around 76 C...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast