Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Azrak View Post
    To everyone complaining about seeing high voltages at idle:

Are you waiting for two (2) minutes after booting into Windows before looking at voltages/core speeds/etc.?
    after 2 minutes, the CPU is still not downclock if using Ryzen balanced power plan.

btw, i think this issue only affected ZEN 2 CPU and is common with 1.0.0.3AB AGESA.
    Last edited by Ryo_z; 07-26-2019 at 12:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo_z View Post
    after 2 minutes, the CPU is still not downclock if using Ryzen balanced power plan.

btw, i think this issue only affected ZEN 2 CPU and is common with 1.0.0.3AB AGESA.
    Quite interesting cause I got Ryzen Balanced pla on at this very second and cores are around 300mhz cpu+soc draw is 25 watts and Soc itself is using 17 out of those... if i go afk Cores go to sleap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	balance.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	514.4 KB 
ID:	81163
    Last edited by ZEEED; 07-26-2019 at 01:08 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    Quite interesting cause I got Ryzen Balanced pla on at this very second and cores are around 300mhz cpu+soc draw is 25 watts and Soc itself is using 17 out of those... if i go afk Cores go to sleap.
    Yup, i notice that only ryzen master will show the cores enter sleep or in lower frequency, but other tools like hwinfo still show the cores in boost state.
    Last edited by Ryo_z; 07-26-2019 at 01:53 AM.

ROG Member Array

The Ryzen CPU depends heavily on a low-power state called cc6 sleep. In this sleep state, core clockspeeds and voltages are basically nil as the core is sleeping and gated. It is not possible to report out the state of the core in this sleep state without waking the core, probing the status, and killing the power savings of cc6. Therefore, MOST tools can only show you the last clock and voltage of the core before the core went to cc6. So if you were at full 4.5GHz+ boost @ 1.48V, then the core went to sleep, many tools might show the core(s) stuck at that value. The tool just doesn't know any better.

However, the latest version of AMD Ryzen Master can uniquely show you clocks and voltages in a cc6 state. No other tool can do it. Neat piece of info for the people looking to understand how their core behaves!
    You guys need to read the reddit thread by amd about voltages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...3rd_gen_ryzen/

ROG Enthusiast Array neotokyo PC Specs
    neotokyo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR5 3600
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT (BLS8G4D240FSC) @3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1WD Nvme Black 2018/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB
    Storage #2TOSHIBA P300 3TB
    CPU CoolerMSI Core FROZR L
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyAntec EAG550
    Mouse Logitech G203
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by abaw001 View Post
    You guys need to read the reddit thread by amd about voltages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...3rd_gen_ryzen/
    EDIT 7/22/19 Hope to have an update for everyone, soon. I will make a new thread for it. Thank you again for your patience. I've received kind messages of support over the past week, and I really appreciate it. I know people are eager to hear more. Soon.
    Yes we read the thread that say, "Hey guys, we overclocked our CPU through the teeth out of the box, so high 1.4v voltage is normal".
    Added to that, If the core were really sleeping, not using the said voltage or be at the said frequency when idling, the heat generated wouldn't be this high.

ROG Member Array

The constant high voltage at idle only affects some users, not all. I had same normal voltage behavior with 2406, 2501 and now with this new bios version.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So, I flashed to 2602 while having my morning coffee, I know, living on the edge.

So far it runs stable the 15 min I tried it before heading to work. The first thing I noticed in Ryzen Master were the memory- and fabric clock. They are both 1733 and not 1600 - 1733, so that's nice.
    Other than that, I have to fire up some games and stuff tonight to check it out.

Edit: forgot to mention that the voltage on CPU is the same ~1.4 andthis time I didn't have to manually set Vdimm to 1.4, it's currently on auto and runs my memory at 3466 mhz. Haven't tuned yet, though.
    Also, my 3600X won't boost higher than 4275 Mhz.
    Last edited by HeavyK; 07-26-2019 at 11:12 AM.

New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser

On my previous gigabyte board, a 30 min Prime95 stress test would have an average vcore of 1.25v during that time. Now with the C7H, 2 hours after the PC has been running, an average vcore of 30 min of just sitting at desktop doing nothing, it's 1.40v with the windows balanced plan and 1.30v using ryzen balanced plan. Same 2700X CPU used. It seems the lower % the minimum processor state, the higher vcore it will be. That 5% that means 2ghz, it's 1.35 or 1.45v at that frequency too.

Idle temps that used to be +4 above ambient, are now more like +13°C on a custom loop with a 60mm thick rad.
    Last edited by igralec84; 07-26-2019 at 08:37 AM.

New ROGer Array Ollie_B_2000 PC Specs
    Ollie_B_2000 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Graphics Card #11080ti
    Sound CardAsus DGX

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmoth View Post
    bioses are buggy, voltages are a joke.... this is my last asus mainboard. i am fed up with this crap.

i did not buy asus for fancy RGB stuff. i bought it because it had the best fan control and good bios support.
    but with all the am4 mainboards they just dropped the ball. they release on crap bios after another.
    other mainboard brands can do good fan control too now and there is no reason to spend extra dollars/euros on asus mainboards.
    they basically offer nothing anymore for the extra money.

my voltages go through the roof and i see temps at default with my new 3700x i have not seen with an overclocked 1700x.

voltages should be a basic thing. i don´ t want to overclock my 3700x like crazy.... i want it to run fine with default settings.
    but even that is too much asked from asus mainboards as it seems.
    I'm pretty with you at this point, I just want to be able to use my system without it turning into a furnace. I'd like to be able to OC and mess around later down the line but for now just having things working at stock and not using 1.46v most of the time would be great

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by maikee900 View Post
    so i do this routine every time i need a cold boot. press power button,if its not stuck at code 07 reset until it does. once its stuck to code 07, i go smoke a cigarette or prepare food or something. when i get back i reset the computer.for some reason my board has an easier time getting past code 07 if the system has been powered on for a while. sometimes it goes past 07 but would hang on code 33. reset,sometimes it boots afterwards. if not keep resetting.
    its super annoying to do this every single day, but it works for me.
    would like your feedback, if this resolves it for you:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i0e1ybvuo...S-0001.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxlobq71i4...S-0001.7z?dl=0

Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast