Graphics Card #1MSI RTX2070 Super Gaming
    Sound CardMotu M2
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe
    Storage #2plenty
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax.black
    CaseNZXT H700
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by TaijRai View Post
    Currently coming soon modded bios that work even with Matisse Ryzen 3000 cpus. I finally figure it out today and put it all together. I had to get it validated by someone with a 3000 cpu to make sure but all options including fan controls are exposed including Spread Spectrum in the Extreme Tweakers menu. HPET has to be search with F9 but it there. And yes should be able to fix your own fans from shutting off with the min rpm setting. Also you can choose what sensor temp is assigned to which fan header other the CPU. These are just a few of the highlights.

I will making them for C7H boards both wifi and non wifi. There will be 2 versions of each 0002, 2703 with the original SMU FW and with Gupsterg SMU FW replacement bios. After that I will see about making it available for other boards as time allows.

These are time intensive mods on my part each takes a few hours.
    Thanks in advance! It's people like you making C7H one of the most fun boards to use, if not the most troublefree

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    Are you seriously attempting to argue that it's not a problem if your PC doesn't cold boot properly? lol. Also turning off the power supply is NOT the only time it happens, I've had it occur numerous times simply booting my PC for the first time on a given day, with it having been shut down but not completely powered off overnight.

Excellent advice. Software is not what Asus are good at, to put it mildly. Would be really nice if we didn't have to depend on them for BIOS updates too, but you can't have everything.
    I've never gotten a double boot unless I turned my PSU off. With C6H, ZE, or C8F.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by TechyInAZ View Post
    How odd, I'm on 7403 C6H and I have had none of the boot issues people are experiencing.
    If you did not warm boot or restart the pc, this may explain why you are not experince it.

This issue usually occur when you warm boot the pc, shutdown without remove standby power and then power it on again.
    Last edited by Ryo_z; 08-30-2019 at 10:58 AM.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    +
    Thanks a lot for the BIOS mod for C7H! Tried 0002+ and it improved the boost behavior dramatically. That is the difference between 0002+ and 2703+?
    I tried 0002+ and wondering if another one any better

New ROGer Array

[Problem list]
    Double booted
    RAM Overclocked Lower than previous BIOS
    Cold boot or restart has a high probability of a black screen and a long reboot time
    BSOD-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    BSOD-CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
    Ramclock and Information Not Displayed in Task Manager
    Windows 10 Night Mode Not On
    Star 2, Micro Stuttering in Heos Play Seriously
    Blue screen occurs after clean installation

There was no boot problem when using vega56. Problems increase after replacing with 5700xt. Setting gen3 is the same. Is it a BIOS problem or an adrenaline problem? At agesa 1002 and adrenaline 19.7.5, the problem is reduced. Say it again, not overclocking.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post
    I've never gotten a double boot unless I turned my PSU off. With C6H, ZE, or C8F.
    Good for you. I was simply pointing out that a) it CAN also happen without doing that, b) it wouldn't be acceptable even if it DID only happen after switching the PSU off!

If you push the power button and your system doesn't reliably boot up, that's not good, end of story.

New ROGer Array

Hey guys, quick question about Memory OC and CPU boost speed.

So i OC my memory from 3200CL15 to 3800CL16, so far so good still testing but i noticed that my ALL core boost is 4.250, never goes above it even in single core tasks.

C7H - Bios 2701, 3900x, 2x16GB 3200MHZ CL15

Any ideas?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR9 3900X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3800MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX2070 Super Gaming
    Sound CardMotu M2
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe
    Storage #2plenty
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax.black
    CaseNZXT H700
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Thanks a lot for the BIOS mod for C7H! Tried 0002+ and it improved the boost behavior dramatically. That is the difference between 0002+ and 2703+?
    0002+ has Shaminos fix for sudden Fan stop, I would prefer to use 0002+ which I do

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    0002+ has Shaminos fix for sudden Fan stop, I would prefer to use 0002+ which I do
    NP , thanks for feedback and difference is as xeizo states .

Quote Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    Good for you. I was simply pointing out that a) it CAN also happen without doing that, b) it wouldn't be acceptable even if it DID only happen after switching the PSU off!

If you push the power button and your system doesn't reliably boot up, that's not good, end of story.
    C6H, C7H, ZE, ZEA if power was removed from system, on reapplication of power, I could experience up to two power ups and down, third would POST. This was/is case with 1xxx, 2xxx and 3xxx CPU.

C6H, C7H, ZE, ZEA if power wasn't removed from system, reboot or power from shutdown did not result in extra POSTs, with 1xxx & 2xxx CPUs. 3xxx did not until UEFI 2601 was used.

C6H, C7H, ZE, ZEA if settings were changed in UEFI, many would result in power down & up of board, with 1xxx & 2xxx CPUs. Strangely 3xxx + C7H didn't do it on many up til UEFI 0068 used, so I found it strange, I'm actually glad it does.

Only the 3xxx CPU on UEFI 2601 onwards is powering down and up on a restart, from Shamino's it's down how PSP process occurs, link. As long as I get a solid post process I'm really not bothered by AC loss and back on.

Old post here by Raja@ASUS, but Intel can also have these "fake boots".
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post28108434

Anyhow I think I should name these bios XXXXunleashed or how ASUSSHOULDDOBIOSXXXX

This is repost of from OCN where I do a lot of work and get a lot of info. This is from last night. I plan on doing a write up on how you can do this as well. It is not too scary. More modded bios will come, including using the original smu fw. The people I am thanking greatly assisted me figuring out how to get it work with matisse ryzen 3000. I believe they all have a presence here as well. I just got up and having coffee and will work on others today.

/edit it is being reported that HPET cannot be searched on two the bios. I will correct that later today. Not sure if just matisse cpus or not.

"Almost all hidden options are now exposed

Work in progress if something does work just let me know. Getting tired been at this for this days will update this post as I complete the mods. These now include all Ryzen CPUs generations. First I must say a big thanks to several people for help with testing, support, possible ideas and words of encouragement. So a shout out to @oreonutz you have been a great help with this endevor with your patience in testing flawed mods and your constant good words. @gupsterg your incites have always been helpful @crakej same for you too, y'all both do so much testing and people just do not realize the hidden knowledge that y'all both have. And do have to give a thanks for to @gupsterg for his SMU FW moddified bios.

Remember this is coming from a very OLD TIMER in both senses of the word. I am old and have been on OCN forever it seems now.

Remember you have to rename and use flashback to flash these.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK who am I kidding we have the most solid flashback of boards.

I will post screenshots...but here is a earlier one in album form missing the spread spectrum showing in a menu as it can be done now. This is from a very old bios but the options are the same for the things we all want. https://imgur.com/a/bQUUKMu

Anyhow currently what should be ready to go and available for download is:

C7H non wifi 0002+ with previous SMU FW

C7H WIFI 0002+ previous SMU FW

C7H WIFI 2703+ Previous SMU FW

More are coming but got to take my dogs for walks.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...c3CFw2c5nrAA2z

I will update this post as I complete new mods
    Last edited by TaijRai; 08-30-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast