Page 82 of 111 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1108
  1. #811
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Hi, what bios do you recommend with CH7WIFI and 3700X?

  2. #812
    New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    EZ_PC_TECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    95

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by BailA View Post
    Hi, what bios do you recommend with CH7WIFI and 3700X?
    0002+ from gupsterg works great with my 3700X
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdY...W0OmX84C4/view

  3. #813
    ROG Enthusiast Array neotokyo PC Specs
    neotokyo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR5 3600
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT (BLS8G4D240FSC) @3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1WD Nvme Black 2018/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB
    Storage #2TOSHIBA P300 3TB
    CPU CoolerMSI Core FROZR L
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyAntec EAG550
    Mouse Logitech G203
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    Quote Originally Posted by BailA View Post
    Hi, what bios do you recommend with CH7WIFI and 3700X?
    Official 2703, the one you can find on the download page of your motherboard. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...HelpDesk_BIOS/


    Don't update to modded beta bios unless you know what you're doing.

  4. #814
    New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser
    igralec84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    0002+ from gupsterg works great with my 3700X
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdY...W0OmX84C4/view
    For the life of me, i can't get flashback to work to install any of these custom BIOSes. The USB drive is FAT32, i rename the file to C7H.CAP, go into BIOS, load optimized defaults, shut down, put the drive into the flashback slot, press and hold the flashback button until it starts blinking, it only blinks 3 times then it's solid blue.

  5. #815
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    38

    so it seems like asus is not going to fix the reboot issue in latest bios for c6h/c7h, feel very disappointed with them.

    i guess from now on, i will avoid asus mobo in future.

  6. #816
    New ROGer Array Diskach PC Specs
    Diskach PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI HERO
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)Aegis 3000 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming GTX 970
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorDell P2414H
    Storage #1Adata Sx8200 Pro 512 nvme
    Storage #2SanDisk Ultra II 256g + Crucial MX500 1tb
    CPU CoolerThermalright Macho rev B
    CaseCM Advanced 2 White
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 450W
    Keyboard MS keyboard 600 White
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 X1 Gamepad with dongle
    Diskach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    For the life of me, i can't get flashback to work to install any of these custom BIOSes. The USB drive is FAT32, i rename the file to C7H.CAP, go into BIOS, load optimized defaults, shut down, put the drive into the flashback slot, press and hold the flashback button until it starts blinking, it only blinks 3 times then it's solid blue.

    Try different USB drive, alos you can try USB card reader with SD card inserted.
    Slovenac?

  7. #817
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    49

    Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    For the life of me, i can't get flashback to work to install any of these custom BIOSes. The USB drive is FAT32, i rename the file to C7H.CAP, go into BIOS, load optimized defaults, shut down, put the drive into the flashback slot, press and hold the flashback button until it starts blinking, it only blinks 3 times then it's solid blue.
    Flashback is quite picky on what USB drives will work. I only have 1 of all my USB sticks that will work otherwise I get the 3 blinks and then nothing.

  8. #818
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    15

    3900x restart problem

    Hi,

    So I have the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard which has been working just fine with the 1700 ever since that came out. So a couple of days ago, I bought the 3900x and the problem I am having is that every time I restart, it gives me a black screen with no signal to the monitor and the Q-code says 8. The fans are still on and so are the lights but it's just stuck there. If I turn off the computer by unplugging it and then plug it back in and then start the computer up again, it starts back up normally but then as soon as I restart, it does the same thing. The Q-codes in the manual has 08 but the motherboard just gives me a 8. I am not really sure how to fix this and I am on the latest BIOS 7403.

    I tried clear CMOS and even tried the older BIOS but nothing seems to help. Now if I go back to the 1700, everything works as normal. And then I put the 3900x back in and it happens again. I checked the Pins and none of them are bent. So this is a BIOS issue or is the CPU a DOA? Any ideas?

    Thanks

  9. #819
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by RBMK3.6 View Post
    Hi,

    So I have the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard which has been working just fine with the 1700 ever since that came out. So a couple of days ago, I bought the 3900x and the problem I am having is that every time I restart, it gives me a black screen with no signal to the monitor and the Q-code says 8. The fans are still on and so are the lights but it's just stuck there. If I turn off the computer by unplugging it and then plug it back in and then start the computer up again, it starts back up normally but then as soon as I restart, it does the same thing. The Q-codes in the manual has 08 but the motherboard just gives me a 8. I am not really sure how to fix this and I am on the latest BIOS 7403.

    I tried clear CMOS and even tried the older BIOS but nothing seems to help. Now if I go back to the 1700, everything works as normal. And then I put the 3900x back in and it happens again. I checked the Pins and none of them are bent. So this is a BIOS issue or is the CPU a DOA? Any ideas?

    Thanks
    I only see that code when my PC shuts down due to insufficient power (VCORE).

  10. #820
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    For the life of me, i can't get flashback to work to install any of these custom BIOSes. The USB drive is FAT32, i rename the file to C7H.CAP, go into BIOS, load optimized defaults, shut down, put the drive into the flashback slot, press and hold the flashback button until it starts blinking, it only blinks 3 times then it's solid blue.
    Like others said, try a different USB stick. I use cheap Sandisk USB's 2.0 for BIOS update and also for Windows install.

Page 82 of 111 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •