Page 66 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by goon666 View Post
    Guys, are you worried only about your ram speeds??

this last bios breaks my nvm raid, doesn't want to allow boot on GPU #2, I can't get to a working system so I can't try GPU passthrough but I'm pretty sure it is still broken....
    Is ASUS only for Gamers on windows??? LAME
    These are more important issues to me, and should be to any power user than a few Mhz anyway
    For me personally, what I care about is:

1: Boosts shuld be as advertised and +200 Auto OC should work. ie: 3900X should see peak speeds of 4800Mhz now and then in HWIJNFO

2: RAM-speed should be stable and fast with low latency. Right now nothing above 3800Mhz will even boot, which I think is wrong.

3: All voltages should be set correctly in UEFI. Right now some of them are way off.

That is what I care about and I think most people agree. Running NVM-E Raid and Linux and such is like a 0.0001% edge case so it would be unfortunate if they were focusing on that before the more urgernt issues are fixed. The Processors should work as intended with all advertized features, and the UEFI should be stable (no sudden freezes or Bluescreens for no reason). Once THAT is fixed they can cater to the edge cases.

ROG Junior Member Array

Yes, I agree. I'd love for my 3600x to peg 4.4ghz during games or 4.6 with aoc.

Right now im stuck at 4.25 (all auto settings) 7401 latest chipset and 3600mhz CL15.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    The way algorithm for stock operation vs manual OC is not comparable IMO.

The algorithm will aim to keep CPU stabilised for all cases loads, where as manual OC I doubt many test it to the same extent as stock operation maybe by AMD.

HUB recently posted a CPU being tested between differing boards, the delta in MHz can seem something to talk about. When you look at the % it's more like run to run variance. I think the way algorithm is it has be to perfect setup conditions for each test run to make it be comparable to another. Even the OS at times can be observed to picking differing core to load up. At times load is on the best cores, at times not.

I reckon the C6H is probably just a little behind on UEFI being sound. For example on the C7H I didn't note people having post issues on early UEFI with Matisse support, were as it seemed more of an issue on C6H to gain even a post at defaults.

Hang in there. The C6H has decent VRM plus other aspects, yeah the C7H improves on it, but once the UEFI catches up you won't be behind IMO.

I owned a C6H, had same RAM & 2700X in it and then used on C7H, no performance or OC gain difference. In fact on 4 dimms the C6H had the edge for tweaking than C7H. It does seem with Matisse though the dimm topology doesn't matter, well so far in what I've noted from others shares. I have even seen some not have 3800MHz 1:1:1 on C8H/F on 4 dimms and I have that on C7H.

Maybe issue on C6H UEFI, that it not working same as C7H. I'd wait for another UEFI.

Also make sure you don't have apps in the background. I have read posts where people have say steam minimised or something else and that causes CPU to not idle.

For me HWINFO like this, polling interval 500ms.

Attachment 81543

Ryzen Master is like this.

Attachment 81544

CPU stock, OC RAM, Global C-State Control: Enabled, UEFI 2606.
    could you tell me where you got your wallpaper from? it looks super good!

other than that i dont have anything bad to say about the current bios. 3700x boosts to 4375 occasionally, and 3800 ram is running just fine.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2019-08-21 18_42_05-AMD RYZEN MASTER.jpg  

2019-08-21 23_30_17-AIDA64 Cache & Memory Benchmark.jpg  

ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

Quote Originally Posted by goon666 View Post
    Guys, are you worried only about your ram speeds??

this last bios breaks my nvm raid, doesn't want to allow boot on GPU #2, I can't get to a working system so I can't try GPU passthrough but I'm pretty sure it is still broken....
    Is ASUS only for Gamers on windows??? LAME
    These are more important issues to me, and should be to any power user than a few Mhz anyway
    Well kinda Windows is a GHaming platform many many many times more than Linux. Let's put it like this There is no Fortnite for linux or League of Legends or battlefield for linug. And about 95% of games have no linux version.

You can get them working kinda with workarounds but in general Linux is not a gaming platform.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cloudpost View Post
    Yes, I agree. I'd love for my 3600x to peg 4.4ghz during games or 4.6 with aoc.

Right now im stuck at 4.25 (all auto settings) 7401 latest chipset and 3600mhz CL15.
    I don't think that max-boost during games is realistic, unless it's a very lightly threaded one and temperatures are very low.

As of now though, even with +200Mhz auto OC I only see 4.515Ghz on a single core at the very highest. I would like for this number to be 4.8Ghz. It's of course natural for clocks to drop as temps and load increases, but right now it's dropping way too much, so yeah they've got some work to do for sure.

ROG Member Array

Ok I think I found reason for high voltages.
    I think its Asus AI suite 3. For some reason it kept voltages high even there was no load on the cores.
    I used it to keep fans running smoothly.

Any ideas how I can control fans with software? Maybe not use AI suite 3 this time. and bios simply cant handle fans.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmer View Post
    I think its Asus AI suite 3. For some reason it kept voltages high even there was no load on the cores.

Any ideas how I can control fans with software? Maybe not use AI suite 3 this time. and bios simply cant handle fans.
    SpeedFan is still around I think.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmer View Post

Why do you think that AI Suite was affecting the voltage? Did they come down after uninstalling?

ROG Member Array

Dont really know how it works. I didnt find any temps of motherboard or cpu. Also it didnt find any fans. (All connected to mb and pwm fans.

New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser

I had to remove a bunch of stuff from startup, like Steam, AI Suite and most recently Ryzer Synapse is keeping around 3% CPU load and low to moderate power use for anything than the default rgb effect, which is enough for the Windows Balanced power plan to not drop to 2200mhz and i affects idle temps a little, but not power draw.

Page 66 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast