Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Like giving Asus employees names are going to improve anything, pathetic and I hope a mod removes that comment

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    Like giving Asus employees names are going to improve anything, pathetic and I hope a mod removes that comment
    +1.

AFAIK when Elmor used to share platform info/UEFIs it was not because it was part of his job, so I doubt if it's Shamino. When Elmor did stop there was a void for sure, so surprising that just as interaction starts again plebs will extinguish it.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array Ravwyn PC Specs
    Ravwyn PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero @ 7301
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen R5 3600X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X @ 11gbps
    Sound Card-.-
    MonitorMy trusty old 40" HDTV & 2nd Screen
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 960GB
    Storage #2A couple SanDisk Ultra II SSDs and storage HDDs
    CPU CoolerCorsair AIO H80i v2
    CaseCorsair 330R
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650i
    Keyboard Logitech K400 plus & G13
    Mouse Logitech G302
    Headset Logitech G430
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slickwicked View Post
    still has the word sham in it
    I don't want to be too rude, but I think you're in the wrong forum / thread here dude. Please, move along.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    +1.

AFAIK when Elmor used to share platform info/UEFIs it was not because it was part of his job, so I doubt if it's Shamino. When Elmor did stop there was a void for sure, so surprising that just as interaction starts again plebs will extinguish it.
    To be honest, i only bought ASUS because of Elmor/TheStilt and because of the big supporting community, but those guys (Elmor/TheStilt/Shamino) are important, but next time i think i will try Aorus once again, were quite happy with the Aorus Gaming 7 on Z370. I think ASUS should pay those guys well, because of them. many are buying ASUS products here in the german forums, but they are overthinking that case too, because the support went down quite a bit.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Duvar View Post
    To be honest, i only bought ASUS because of Elmor/TheStilt and because of the big supporting community, but those guys (Elmor/TheStilt/Shamino) are important, but next time i think i will try Aorus once again, were quite happy with the Aorus Gaming 7 on Z370. I think ASUS should pay those guys well, because of them. many are buying ASUS products here in the german forums, but they are overthinking that case too, because the support went down quite a bit.
    +1

Elmor was the reason I got a C6H. I'm with you on going gigabyte next time.

I don't like how the other people have mocked Shamino's name, they need booting from this forum. He works hard and interacts with the community. He isn't a representative of the entire company of ASUS.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    +1.

+2. All this criticism of Shamino is completely unfounded. Has he (or she, but i'll assume the former) ever said that he is the sole Asus employee developing BIOSes for Asus motherboards? I assume not. A more likely scenario is that there are several developers, yet Shamino has the role of communicating with people like us via the forums, which IMHO he does a good job of, even if I am personally a bit frustrated with the pace of BIOS development. It's simply unreasonable and petty to attack an individual in these circumstances. The mods need to step up and clamp down on this.

New ROGer Array

apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Ravwyn View Post
    I don't want to be too rude, but I think you're in the wrong forum / thread here dude. Please, move along.
    i was trying to be funny, i apologize, ill delete it,

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by squirrito View Post
    +2. All this criticism of Shamino is completely unfounded. Has he (or she, but i'll assume the former) ever said that he is the sole Asus employee developing BIOSes for Asus motherboards? I assume not. A more likely scenario is that there are several developers, yet Shamino has the role of communicating with people like us via the forums, which IMHO he does a good job of, even if I am personally a bit frustrated with the pace of BIOS development. It's simply unreasonable and petty to attack an individual in these circumstances. The mods need to step up and clamp down on this.
    wasnt trying to criticize i was trying to be funny, but it wasnt, i apologize i deleted it, its not shamsinos fault for amds agesa code being messed up

New ROGer Array

OK, let me get this straight:

Asus somehow manage to release BIOS versions which randomly cause systems not to POST, then take weeks to fix it. Forum response: "lol just keep pressing the button until it works who cares haha <3 Asus 4eva xxx"

Extremely tame joke about Shamino's username. Forum response: "all this criticism", indignation and outrage.

Certain people here really need to get their priorities straight. Nobody should be directing personal abuse at Shamino because Asus refuse to devote resources to BIOS development. It's not his fault. But being apologists for a huge company that does not give a single sh*t about your brand loyalty is equally misguided.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    OK, let me get this straight:

Asus somehow manage to release BIOS versions which randomly cause systems not to POST, then take weeks to fix it. Forum response: "lol just keep pressing the button until it works who cares haha <3 Asus 4eva xxx"

Extremely tame joke about Shamino's username. Forum response: "all this criticism", indignation and outrage.

Certain people here really need to get their priorities straight. Nobody should be directing personal abuse at Shamino because Asus refuse to devote resources to BIOS development. It's not his fault. But being apologists for a huge company that does not give a single sh*t about your brand loyalty is equally misguided.
    I think people were defending the individual, not ASUS. If I'm honest ASUS deserves no defending, to have 1 person go away for a week meaning we don't get the ABB bios like all the other manufactures is beyond stupid. Because it certainly looks that way but I could be wrong.

This is as bad or worse than 1st gen and a lot of the issues seem to be ASUS specific, or at least 10 people with ASUS boards with issues to 1 person with another brand. Let's hope this new week brings some positive bios updates. Frankly, I'm sick of reflashing and having to change stuff in the bios in desperate attempts to try fix the issues myself to no avail

Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast