Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    x570 still ABB for playing with per ccx oc from bios,
    (cpu core vid input in same page as per ccx)
    (performance bias slightly update - main use is for benching scores only)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icc0hph1m4...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn275182xi...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15sqq6sctb...-0017.rar?dl=0
    Great to see you are working hard at improving bioses, per CCX in bios looks like a good option for not being dependant on Ryzen Master profiles. Annoying to have to start Ryzen Master manual each time to set ccx-OC.

For myself using C7H looking forward for our next bios.

Would it be possible to make a ABB-bios with old SMU to have proper boost behaviour? Would be a Frankenbios, I know, but could possibly work well.

ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Going manual doesn't make sense with ryzen 3000. In a difference to ZEN+, now, not all cores can boost as high as the best core that should meet the advertised speed, so you'll be restricted by performance of the worst core with a manual overclock. This way you lose all performance above, that other cores could extend to. Manual OC is not why I bought 3700X

And the BIOS I use is official and not beta. They rolled it out like a fix for the previous revision, and in the description of BIOS, they said: "Update overclocking auto-rules for Ryzen 3000 CPUs." which sound like it should fix the boost, but it doesn't. And I have a second system on AsRock fatal1ty, and the same CPU and RAM work there perfectly fine. Yesterday I tried it on the MSI board, and it works as it should as well.

So ASUS must do something with the BIOS for these boards because it's unacceptable. They weren't updating the BIOS officially for a month and rolled out the same broken BIOS, but with several fixes. It's better than nothing, but still. I asked many rysen owners, and nobody has these issues but owners of Crosshair Hero. Even other ASUS boards work perfectly fine.
    Its not bios thing !!! Its AGESA that ****ed boost up have a read from Gigabyte rep. It's not fixable till new Agesa fixes it.
    The Fixed AUTO is for power section memory and tweekers paradise. I know auto fev of voltages is messed up... Puts more volts than cpu actually needs and tahts on overclocked system.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...us_elite_x570/

ZEEED PC Specs
    Processor3900X
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX

so new Bioses have /ccx overclocking at Bios level with no need to use script or Ryzen master ?? Hope This happens at some point for older motherboards.

ZEEED PC Specs
    Processor3900X
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I don't think this is a valid statement. When I read a member say the only way they could get into UEFI was by using another keyboard that to me is not user error. That is firmware issue. Plenty of the people highlighting issues have PC experience from the posts they have shared.

Some combinations of HW are just not working great.

I do believe some peoples CPUs maybe more prone to showing the issues with FW than others, plus the combination of HW.

I do believe no vendor can check every combination of HW and settings that we may be targetting. What we just need is vendors to have a channel of communication where the user can highlight an issue, user can be made aware the issue has been replicated and a possible fix is in the pipeline.

Yes I have had a very easy ride with my R5 3600, C7HWIFI, F4-3200C14Q-32GVK. I do not believe every Ryzen CPU sample would give the same ride. As you know I have owned 3x R7 1700, 2x R7 1800X, 3x R7 2700X, 1x R5 3600 and 1x TR 1950X. I have used C6H, C7H, ZE & ZEA, several high end G.Skill kits and 1x Patriot Viper Steel. Certain combos of HW do not play nice.

I've had 1950X and ZE since launch. I took same CPU/RAM kit which ran 3400MHz C15 1T flawlessly and placed it in ZEA, I could not use the same settings. Only way to have same profile was to adjust IMC via PMU Menu, which I left on [Auto] on ZE. Even after several UEFI updates the ZEA can not use the same CPU/RAM on same profile settings as ZE unless I change the IMC setup. So as said before certain combos of HW are just better than others.

What is valid is for us, as a group of owners, to share what works well and what doesn't, hopefully AMD/ASUS get the info and something is improved on.
    Ye but My point is. People flash some test bios. See there are problem's this or taht not working and they are like.. Well this is another **** bios **** asus those *******s. Where You and Me start to work out Sollution or workaround the Issue. God I hate that we cant see what AUTO setting actually is. I would need to check setting by setting which one makes those bioses Double boot. It's deffo motherboard trying to figure out the Auto value for stable boot. But looks like its doing it on every reboot if you dont set it manual..

Way it's going with bioses development and microcode i'm thinking another 3-4 months before Auto wil work on 9/10 pcs. You know how vendors get Agesa versions with no documentation's of changes ect. How many times We asked Elmor or Stilt what does this new option do and they dont know cause AMD not told them either. So its up to guessing by them and us what it is.... This sucks.

I would not recommend AMD Ryzen to anyome thats not able to figure out whats wrong. Just get Intel its been on same architecture for some long that you plug and play.

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackalito PC Specs
    Jackalito PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Chrosshair VIII Hero (X570)
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 G.SKILL TridentZ (2x8GB) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Pulse
    Sound CardRealtek ALC1220
    MonitorLG Ultrawide 34" 34UC79G-B [2560x1080] LED IPS Curved 144Hz FreeSync
    Storage #11 x SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB. M.2 NVMe PCIe
    Storage #21 x SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB. SATA3; 1 x HDD Toshiba X300 5TB. 7200 RPM SATA3
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850 Modular 850W 80 PLUS Gold
    Keyboard Logitech Gaming G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G Pro X
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Stealth
    Headset/Speakers Z625 2.1 Speaker Set
    OS Windows 10 x64 PRO for Workstations x64 1909 (19H2)
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 UPS APC Back 1400VA
    Accessory #2 Fan Cases: 5x Noctua NF-P14s Redux 140mm PWM + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm PWM

Thank you so much, @Shamino
    Any chance we could get PCH Fan control in future BIOS updates?
    In space no one can hear you scream.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by abaw001 View Post
    Ram will likely never be on the fly.
    It's already made and apparently have been here for years.

https://rog.asus.com/tag/memtweakit/

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

Latest version I could find. Mem_TweakIt_WIN10-64_V2.02.41_1025.zip
    https://us.softpedia-secure-download...02.41_1025.zip

But I guess it is not supported anymore, could we get some hype for this?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    I think IT IS 'unreasonable expectation' to flash untested/finnal bios version and expect everything to work.
    What part of my post implied I only have problems with the beta BIOS versions?! Do you think I'm actually stupid enough to moan about bugs in those when it's entirely my choice to use them? Hardly. For example, I spent a fun week or two running 2406 or 2501 on my C7H - both "official", "tested", "final" versions. It was super fun never knowing if pressing the power button would actually boot my PC or not! Often it'd take 3 attempts just to get it to POST successfully. Is powering on reliably unreasonable too?

As far as I can tell there is no noticeable difference in quality between the "beta" and "official" BIOS versions anyway. It's undeniable that for whatever reason, they don't do much/any testing before releasing these things. If it's because it's basically Shamino doing all this himself, I have a lot of sympathy for him because I can imagine what that's like. I have zero sympathy for Asus however, because they're a huge company who should be doing better, and getting so incredibly defensive on their behalf is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED
    Ye but My point is. People flash some test bios. See there are problem's this or taht not working and they are like.. Well this is another **** bios **** asus those *******s. Where You and Me start to work out Sollution or workaround the Issue.
    See this is all really about you feeling like you're special because you have time to spare to arse around with this stuff. I understand, honestly. When I was younger I'd happily spend hours messing around with things that didn't work, it's a good way to learn. But you need to realise that the vast majority of consumers either do not know how or do not have the time to "work around" BIOS bugs that shouldn't have occurred in the first place. They buy expensive pieces of high quality hardware that unfortunately turn out to be paired up with somewhat lower quality software and BIOS versions. You can say "oh well it's probably going to be fine in 4 months" and maybe it will (maybe), but that's a pretty ridiculous way to treat customers who buy something sooner and expect it to work from day 1. I can understand why Asus prefer to focus on churning out shiny new hardware over providing decent software for their current products ($$$), but it doesn't really provide the best experience for their customers, does it?

New ROGer Array piotrk124 PC Specs
    piotrk124 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime X470 Pro
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet Dark Rock 3
    CaseCorsair 600C
    Power SupplyChieftec Proton
    Network RouterMikrotik AC2, Tp-Link Archer C7

@Shamino Any info on next AGESA update?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    Ye but My point is. People flash some test bios. See there are problem's this or taht not working and they are like.. Well this is another **** bios **** asus those *******s. Where You and Me start to work out Sollution or workaround the Issue. God I hate that we cant see what AUTO setting actually is. I would need to check setting by setting which one makes those bioses Double boot. It's deffo motherboard trying to figure out the Auto value for stable boot. But looks like its doing it on every reboot if you dont set it manual..

Way it's going with bioses development and microcode i'm thinking another 3-4 months before Auto wil work on 9/10 pcs. You know how vendors get Agesa versions with no documentation's of changes ect. How many times We asked Elmor or Stilt what does this new option do and they dont know cause AMD not told them either. So its up to guessing by them and us what it is.... This sucks.

I would not recommend AMD Ryzen to anyome thats not able to figure out whats wrong. Just get Intel its been on same architecture for some long that you plug and play.
    UEFI 2406 safe boot button did not work, nor could you make board enter safe mode by holding down the power button.

UEFI 0068 which was "beta" safe boot and safe mode did work, but some boards could have ~1.35V going to chipset on initial POST after flash and you had manually set chipset at 1.05V.

UEFI 2501 safe boot button was supposed to be fixed, it was not, again you couldn't enter safe mode by holding down the power button.

All of above were AGESA ComboPi-AM4 1.0.0.2, but as UEFI 0068 had safe boot/mode working I can only assume ASUS UEFI QA was not up to scratch with 2406/2501. So a user on the "official" releases was actually not better off.

Only way to recover board on bad setup when on UEFI 2406/2501 was to turn power off, do CMOS CLEAR and retweak, which was a pain. You also could not do full cold POSTs with OC RAM on those UEFIs (ie turn power off on wall socket), only "beta" 0068 allowed me to do that.

From UEFI 2602 we had self recovery of board back, ie Q-Code: F9, retry ~3 times and then POST on fail safe, plus we had safe boot/mode working. Yes we have double post. I do not currently think a setting left on [Auto] is cause of this. I believe it maybe just how certain processes of training must be done on initial post and then complete post can occur. Perhaps with improved AGESA, which has later CPU microcode FW/system management unit FW/memory controller FW, we will not have double post.

Also on many of the UEFIs resume from sleep sends fan headers to 100%, I will recheck again, but this is another quirk that AMD/ASUS FW has to fix.

I have no workarounds for anything, at times I just do not use a function which I should be able to, for example sleep/resume.

I am at the mercy of AMD/ASUS for decent FW and fixes to issues.

I can only say I have had a pretty decent experience with my HW vs others.

I don't think suggesting go Intel over Ryzen is constructive. Vendors (inc AMD) need to be better at what they do, that is all I can say.
    Last edited by gupsterg; 08-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

New ROGer Array

Hello my motherboard chipset (pch) temperature idle 60-62 max 72 this is normal temp ? And sometimes i get an 8d error in q code

Bios 0803

My System:

Ryzen 3900x

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Cooler Master H500M

Asus Strix Rtx 2080 (Vertical Install)

Gskill TridentZ 3200 C14

Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast