CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    That was ABA, not AB. How is that relevant anyway, other than showing that at least AMD test stuff even if Asus don't?

Are you serious? Is this a different Asus we're talking about? As I said in my last post, many of us are now proud owners of PCs that toss a virtual coin when the power button is pressed to decide if they'll actually bother POSTing. That's an Asus bug. BIOS mouse support is widely broken. Another absolutely trivially discoverable Asus bug that would have been caught by any semi-competent prerelease testing. I'm not claiming that particular one is a serious problem, but they clearly don't do any real testing. Whether that's due to lack of resources or a deliberate decision, it boils down to the same thing in the end - as a company they certainly have the resources to do it if they made the effort.

And HERE, ladies and gentlemen, we have a PERFECT example of that fanboy attitude I was describing. "<3 Asus, notice me Asus plsplspls. OMG how dare you criticise them, Asus are teh AWESOME!!!11!111!"

It's just embarrassing...

Perhaps because it's one of the few places where there's some 2-way communication with Asus, however limited? Certainly not seen them bothering to engage with users anywhere else, that's the only reason I bothered to register here myself. Oh and I have a C7H before you try to tell me to leave as well, lol.

Yeah we know that. I'd just like my PC to boot up reliably. That doesn't require an AGESA update.

Also you got Shamino's name wrong. Normally I wouldn't bring it up, just kind of funny when you're moaning about people not respecting him.

Any of WHAT? People wondering when the next release is going to be? People wondering why Asus seem to have a single employee doing all of this? People frustrated because their expensive PC won't work anymore as a direct result of Asus and their piss-poor software development practices? If Shamino is uncomfortable with the *extremely limited* level of discontent in this thread, nobody is forcing him to post here are they? If he stopped I think people like you would be the most upset because you'd lose chances like this to go all white-knighty and attempt to defend a huge company who, as I already said, does not give a single sh*t about you.
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm not a boy and If you read my posts you will see that's just not true. What's with the aggression?

My keyboard is broken - and i'm dyslexic as it says below all of my posts - but thanks for pointing that out. You also have made many typos, so, you know...

Have a nice day
    About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
    F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal[/SIZE]

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm not a boy and If you read my posts you will see that's just not true. What's with the aggression?

My keyboard is broken - and i'm dyslexic as it says below all of my posts - but thanks for pointing that out. You also have made many typos, so, you know...

Have a nice day
    I said "fanboy", not "boy". There's a difference. And if you want to pretend you didn't say what you clearly said, fine. I just don't think you're helping anyone, that's all.

Clearly hit a nerve with the Shamino/Shimano point though didn't I? Not only are you bringing up your dyslexia (fair enough), but then you also claim to have a broken keyboard and that I make "many typos" too... are you sure you don't want to blame anything else?

Anyway, you have a nice passive-aggressive day too

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Bios

Hi, guys, This is my first post on ASUS forums, and the only reason why I registered is problems with a BIOS for my CH7 and R7 3700X.

The problem with the boosting related to one very weird bug: incorrect temperature reporting. As you know, temps are the most important variable for XFR and BPO.
    I have a t.probe on the back of the package and under the load it reporting 60-61C. However, the BIOS/AGESA/CPU reporting temps that are 15C higher than it really is. I have a Criorig R1 Ultimate that with its 265W capacity eating 65W CPUs for breakfast. My old R5 2600 with 4.075GHz OC was idling at 28C and under the load was never exciding 62C. Now, just a Windows startup may cause my CPU report 70-75C. It dramatically limiting the boost and this is the main reason why most of the folks don't see a normal boost.

I would patiently wait for the BIOS if workaround that I used for Ryzen 2000 would work. You can try to enable/disable SenseMi skew since it should help to get a proper temperature reading. Also, In this case, I would try to adjust SenseMi skew offset, and set it higher than default 272, to let's say 282, it would help to adjust the temperature reported by CPU, so the bug with a higher temperature could be temporarily fixed, at least until a new BIOS would show up. Unfortunately, in my case, both these settings don't change anything with a new Ryzen while worked before. If you'll decide to try it, please post your results. I hope it will be helpful ar least for some.

In conclusion, I would recommend you to call the customer service and report your issues instead of posting here. This way, you'll receive a case number, and if CS will see that there are hundreds of people with the same cases, their managers will have no choice but focusing developer's team on this problem in a timely manner. Keep in mind, that there are a bunch of new x570 Motherboards, and despite CH7/CH6 are premium boards, the new products have a priority. I'm sure that complains on the forum won't help, because I can bet that managers don't read forums so complaining here is absolutley pointless.
    Last edited by EZ_PC_TECH; 08-12-2019 at 01:52 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    Have you set the Ram Boot Voltage as well? It's in the power menu where the LLC settings are.

Also lower your ProcODT to at least 40ohms

Thanks and Yes, I read your sharing about procodt, I set to 30ohms . The procedure is I use single memory boot up to enter bios change it, the ram boot voltage I also raised to 1.45v.
    I may go to buy msi gaming x570 carbon wifi tomorrow then give a try again.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Boot

Quote Originally Posted by hhpower View Post
    Thanks and Yes, I read your sharing about procodt, I set to 30ohms . The procedure is I use single memory boot up to enter bios change it, the ram boot voltage I also raised to 1.45v.
    If you have a problem with booting and you are sure that it's related to RAM, try to set the timings manually. Remember that TRC is a multiple of TRFC. Rise TRFC adding to it TRC. For instance, if your TRC is 36 and TRFC is 468, sum 468 and 36 and set TRFC to 504.
    Also, try to rise TRTP and TRWDWR by 2, or set it to auto.
    Use Ryzen Calc to determine RTT. It has a huge impact on your ability to POST.
    Also, try to rise the tRCDRD by +1, it will help with stability and will allow lower voltages.
    Hope it will help since I managed to fix this issue. Let me know if it works for you, and if not, we'll dig further.

P.S.: 1.45V is awfully high and there is no need in that high voltage, especially for daily usage. While the RAM sticks don't care much about voltages below 1.9, you put too much strain on the memory controller. I'm running 3666 with very tight timing at only 1.36-1.365V without any single error. Too high voltage affects system stability in a bad way. If you raised the voltage by +0.1V and it's still doesn't POST - lower it back and look for the problem in another place.
    Last edited by EZ_PC_TECH; 08-12-2019 at 02:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

Additional info

Cpu is 3700X
    Also i have one pair gskill flarex 2400 32G kit for AMD, I got same result c5

ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS

Yes - I agree voltage is too high. You should only need the XMP or rated voltage, or a little more, but 1.45 for those is too much!
    Last edited by bigtop1967; 08-12-2019 at 02:26 PM.

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS

Additional info

Cpu is 3700X
    Also i have one pair gskill flarex 2400 32G kit for AMD, I got same result c5
    Those should run at their rated voltage - 1.2v!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    If you have a problem with booting and you are sure that it's related to RAM, try to set the timings manually. Remember that TRC is a multiple of TRFC. Rise TRFC adding to it TRC. For instance, if your TRC is 36 and TRFC is 468, sum 468 and 36 and set TRFC to 504.
    Also, try to rise TRTP and TRWDWR by 2, or set it to auto.
    Use Ryzen Calc to determine RTT. It has a huge impact on your ability to POST.
    Also, try to rise the tRCDRD by +1, it will help with stability and will allow lower voltages.
    Hope it will help since I managed to fix this issue. Let me know if it works for you, and if not, we'll dig further.

P.S.: 1.45V is awfully high and there is no need in that high voltage, especially for daily usage. While the RAM sticks don't care much about voltages below 1.9, you put too much strain on the memory controller. I'm running 3666 with very tight timing at only 1.36-1.365V without any single error. Too high voltage affects system stability in a bad way. If you raised the voltage by +0.1V and it's still doesn't POST - lower it back and look for the problem in another place.
    thanks, try it now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

BIOS Version 2605 on B450-F power cycles on restart from Windows, so it competently powers off and then on, can we get this fixed in next bios please.

Page 36 of 109 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast