Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by alexp999 View Post
    What AGESA is the B350 running though?

IF it's 1.0.0.2 then that explains it
    He doesn't explicitly say. But he does say 1.0.0.2 on the C6H was worse and barely going past 4.1Ghz just like my chip, so the AGESA of the MSI doesn't matter when the C6H 1.0.0.2 is a poor experience anyways. Yet the cheap mobo is fine. The only reason he keeps the C6H is for the PCI-E. I'm basically having the same experience, he just proves a point with the MSI board boosting better.

I've done BCLK and it is rock solid stable at 4.2ghz but had to drop the BCLK due to audio issues. I just want it sorting

Quote Originally Posted by Max1mus91 View Post
    It is 1002, it even says he had good boosts on Asus when he had 1002.
    Good boost doesn't mean it's what it should be.

I was speaking to him about it where I asked what CPU he was using and that I was having issues. He then replied this:

"3600. On the 1.0.0.2 I get one core that hits 4.1ghz the rest cant break 3.9ghz (wtf?). With the new bios its even worse. That one core wont boost past 4.05ghz and the rest are the same. MSI board I had two cores boosting to 4.35ghz and all core was sitting around 4.1ghz. If I didnt have so many pcie cards that I use I would be using the Mortar board"

Basically my experiance, plus the boost difference between the C6H and this b350 mobo is night and day better and what it should be
    Last edited by mikev190; 08-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Max1mus91 View Post
    What issues concern you?
    well, I dont know tbh.. random problems that I have no expertise in solving :P instability, BSOD, random bugs here and there and maybe issues in upcoming BIOS updates that will create problems booting and again BSOD and instability that requires some BIOS tinkering to workaround said problem etc. I just want to play games problem free Thanks for replying, I know this thread isn't really for this kind of topic. But I appreciate all the help I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinjima View Post
    well, I dont know tbh.. random problems that I have no expertise in solving :P instability, BSOD, random bugs here and there and maybe issues in upcoming BIOS updates that will create problems booting and again BSOD and instability that requires some BIOS tinkering to workaround said problem etc. I just want to play games problem free Thanks for replying, I know this thread isn't really for this kind of topic. But I appreciate all the help I get.
    With the newer bios you wont have any issues really. Boosting issues aside. I have rock solid stability and performance. Just avoid the AGESA 1.0.0.2 bios as the C5 errors can be a pain. But 7401 & 7306 are fine in that regard
    Last edited by mikev190; 08-16-2019 at 04:11 PM.

New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    This BSOD basically indicates a bad memory overclock. Better set the values manually from Ryzen Calculator
    Tried to only put what DOCP 3200 cl14 sets with manual and default Ai tuner options, but got a lot of BSODs today, can't remember what i had yesterday that worked well.

Anyway, now running a 3600 CL14 "safe" profile at 1.45v with DRAM calculator, got 100 more points in Timespy and Firestrike compared to DOCP 3200 CL14, hasn't crashed yet but can't say it's stable yet (this post will probably jinx it hehe). I also have a 3200 CL14 "fast" profile as backup as i don't think i'll be running 1.45v all the time, unless it's safe for the RAM.

How can i verify that the 3600 CL14 is really stable?
    I know 3Dmark means nothing, if games don't crash it will be a good sign, also if i don't get a random desktop crash/BSOD in the next couple of days.

New ROGer Array

I see Asus has updated the BIOS to 7306 oh C6H, what's the difference between 7401 and 7306?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    Tried to only put what DOCP 3200 cl14 sets with manual and default Ai tuner options, but got a lot of BSODs today, can't remember what i had yesterday that worked well.

Anyway, now running a 3600 CL14 "safe" profile at 1.45v with DRAM calculator, got 100 more points in Timespy and Firestrike compared to DOCP 3200 CL14, hasn't crashed yet but can't say it's stable yet (this post will probably jinx it hehe). I also have a 3200 CL14 "fast" profile as backup as i don't think i'll be running 1.45v all the time, unless it's safe for the RAM.

How can i verify that the 3600 CL14 is really stable?
    I know 3Dmark means nothing, if games don't crash it will be a good sign, also if i don't get a random desktop crash/BSOD in the next couple of days.
    memtest86 is a good start.

If that's stable, and you want to further insure stability. Run Prime95 with 512k small FFTs and 50% of your RAM. (make sure blend mode is pre-selected.)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    With the newer bios you wont have any issues really. Boosting issues aside. I have rock solid stability and performance. Just avoid the AGESA 1.0.0.2 bios as the C5 errors can be a pain. But 7401 & 7306 are fine in that regard
    Thats good to hear, glad you are having no problems except boosting issues. Just now I see that this is a Crosshair thread, I was thinking of picking up the X470 Gaming-F... Oopsie! The Gaming F do have the 1.0.0.3 AB BIOS for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinjima View Post
    Thats good to hear, glad you are having no problems except boosting issues. Just now I see that this is a Crosshair thread, I was thinking of picking up the X470 Gaming-F... Oopsie! The Gaming F do have the 1.0.0.3 AB BIOS for now.
    Well that interesting, my Dad so happens to have that board. With the latest bios he is getting boosts to 4.3Ghz in games on his 3600X so make of that what you will. He says he regrets not getting a C6H. But he hasn't had to deal with the ups and downs lol. The Strix board is decent

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    Well that interesting, my Dad so happens to have that board. With the latest bios he is getting boosts to 4.3Ghz in games on his 3600X so make of that what you will. He says he regrets not getting a C6H. But he hasn't had to deal with the ups and downs lol. The Strix board is decent
    That's good news at least! If it runs stable on current bios and boosts to correct speeds, are there any benefits to upgrading to newer bios versions later down the line if one purely game? Maybe it is on zen 2 as its still in its early phase. I run a 6600k @ 4.8ghz currently and haven't bothered updating to the latest versions as they might cause issues. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, its much appreciated

Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast