Page 57 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    Feels like there is You Me @majestynl and @CJMitsuki agains the odds. Somehow Us 4 can get systems up and running mega stable mega fast. But I ogt exepirience ghoing back to 286sx second hand motherboards with no manuals and setting them up with jumpers totally not knowing what is what cause no manual.
    New people to pc market are not as good on figutring stuff out by looks of it.
    That is a pretty lousy assumption considering I, like many others, have been WORKING in the industry for over 25 years. It sounds like you "4" are luckier than anything else. I've looked at Gupsterg's bios dump and it is no different to mine. The simple fact is, the bios are broken for the vast majority of us. There is nothing to "figure out" other than wait because I have tested every setting and nothing fixes the boost. Just because your config works without any effort doesn't mean your skilled or any better than the next guy. You are pretty naive to think otherwise.

I've come to the conclusion you "mega fast" don't understand that you can have 2 of the same hardware configs with the same bios settings and still have one that works and one that is full of issues, which is the nature of PCs. It also tells me, beyond a hobby, you have never done IT in any capacity beyond that. I also fail to see how your post here has any relevance to the Bios discussion. If you fix computers like you spell, then thank god you don't have any issues
    Last edited by mikev190; 08-18-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    My apologies, but I'm in IT since 1999, and figuring out stuff is a part of my job for many years.
    But in this particular case, there is not much I can do without properly working BIOS.
    OS corruption happened right after flashing the latest BIOS on the brand new system, after that, I couldn't boot, received multiple kernel BSODs and after that, it's got completely messed up.

There is not much I can do if when I set the RAM frequency manually, PC goes into literally a manual OC mode and doesn't boost higher than 4300, and during the single-core load boosts all cores. I threw this CPU and ram to ASRock Fatal1ty X470 and everything works as intended.

RAM works stable at 3733 with very tight timings and FCLK at 1867 without any issues or errors whatsoever (TM5 V3 1Usmus profile + memtest86 overnight).
    The CPU was able to boost to 4477 (yes, 3700X) which I doubt many guys here were able to achieve on this CPU. https://imgur.com/a/cxlhix2
    But I should choose or PBO, or RAM OC, which is not normal. Both must work together.

Moreover, I can't bump PBO with BCLK, because as soon as I touch BCLK, CPU just stays at the base speed. It's also shouldn't be like that.

If you are an as mighty man as you introduced yourself, and know the workaround for any of the issues that I described, please, share your wisdom, I'm here and ready to learn.
    To enable BCLK: Set your BCLK, then choose negative offset voltage but leave the value on auto. Then set core boost to enabled. Next boot into windows and enable profile 1 in Ryzen master and then it will work. Leave core ratio on Auto too. Try it, it works

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    That is a pretty lousy assumption considering I, like many others, have been WORKING in the industry for over 25 years. It sounds like you "4" are luckier than anything else. I've looked at Gupsterg's bios dump and it is no different to mine. The simple fact it is, the bios are broken for the vast majority of us. There is nothing to "figure out" other than wait because I have tested every setting and nothing fixes the boost. Just because your config works without any effort doesn't mean your skilled or any better than the next guy. You are pretty naive to think otherwise.

I come to the conclusion you "mega fast" don't understand that you can have 2 of the hardware same configs with the same bios settings and still have one that works and one that is full of issues, which is the nature of PCs. It also tells me, beyond a hobby, you have never done IT in any capacity beyond that. I also fail to see how your post here has any relevance to the Bios discussion. If you fix computers like you spell, then thank god you don't have any issues
    Well said Mike. Incredible how some people don't quite grasp the whole "'works for me!' does not mean it will work for everyone" concept. Or that some of us don't have hours to spare figuring out exactly what combination of hoops to jump through to accommodate what I will charitably call BIOS "quirks" (besides the actual bugs). An example was helpfully provided by gupsterg in his latest "everything is fine, Asus are awesome" post: no less than 3 different combinations of setting override voltages in the space of 5 or 6 BIOS versions! I mean, well done for figuring that out, but I don't have time to waste on that crap. I want ONE place to set these voltages and have the BIOS do what I tell it to do without having to go experiment to see if my changes had any effect or not. I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanAT View Post
    7401 does not stay in power saving state. will automatically start the pc after a couple of min.
    found the issue: it's the network interface.
    only happens with 7401 in my case (3900x). fixed it by disabling "allow to wake up" in device manger and it now stays in power saving state.

ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    My apologies, but I'm in IT since 1999, and figuring out stuff is a part of my job for many years.
    But in this particular case, there is not much I can do without properly working BIOS.
    OS corruption happened right after flashing the latest BIOS on the brand new system, after that, I couldn't boot, received multiple kernel BSODs and after that, it's got completely messed up.

There is not much I can do if when I set the RAM frequency manually, PC goes into literally a manual OC mode and doesn't boost higher than 4300, and during the single-core load boosts all cores. I threw this CPU and ram to ASRock Fatal1ty X470 and everything works as intended.

RAM works stable at 3733 with very tight timings and FCLK at 1867 without any issues or errors whatsoever (TM5 V3 1Usmus profile + memtest86 overnight).
    The CPU was able to boost to 4477 (yes, 3700X) which I doubt many guys here were able to achieve on this CPU. https://imgur.com/a/cxlhix2
    But I should choose or PBO, or RAM OC, which is not normal. Both must work together.

Moreover, I can't bump PBO with BCLK, because as soon as I touch BCLK, CPU just stays at the base speed. It's also shouldn't be like that.

If you are an as mighty man as you introduced yourself, and know the workaround for any of the issues that I described, please, share your wisdom, I'm here and ready to learn.
    Simple gop full on manual in every possible setting and dump this auto overclocking farse. After 1-2 days this 2701 bios does not double boot up just normal till i reset cmos.
    PBO and all this auto overclocking its as always auto overclocking junk that never works as stable as full on manual setting. Tested My system over 48 hours of constant load from gaming to benchmarking video production ending on mining and testing memory. No problem's at all ni hickups slowdowns cracking noise in speakers.

Auto on Beta bioses ?? That never works. So for Choices ?? Dump all auto set all core overclock full manual memory full manual power section most ow tweekers paradise also on manual. And it works. Downclocks its stable no weird stuff going off.

And comparing state of 3000 series to 1000 series its miles ahead. At lest bioses dont get settings corrupted over time when system was loosing stability if you not cleared cmos every 3 days and reset whole preset.
    Last edited by ZEEED; 08-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

ZEEED PC Specs
    Processor3900X
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    That is a pretty lousy assumption considering I, like many others, have been WORKING in the industry for over 25 years. It sounds like you "4" are luckier than anything else. I've looked at Gupsterg's bios dump and it is no different to mine. The simple fact is, the bios are broken for the vast majority of us. There is nothing to "figure out" other than wait because I have tested every setting and nothing fixes the boost. Just because your config works without any effort doesn't mean your skilled or any better than the next guy. You are pretty naive to think otherwise.

I've come to the conclusion you "mega fast" don't understand that you can have 2 of the same hardware configs with the same bios settings and still have one that works and one that is full of issues, which is the nature of PCs. It also tells me, beyond a hobby, you have never done IT in any capacity beyond that. I also fail to see how your post here has any relevance to the Bios discussion. If you fix computers like you spell, then thank god you don't have any issues
    So I assume You tried full fresh install of windows on the 2701 bios with all settings in bios set in manual mode ? Cause I know this bios does not work with previous windows installs like it should.

ZEEED PC Specs
    Processor3900X
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    Well said Mike. Incredible how some people don't quite grasp the whole "'works for me!' does not mean it will work for everyone" concept. Or that some of us don't have hours to spare figuring out exactly what combination of hoops to jump through to accommodate what I will charitably call BIOS "quirks" (besides the actual bugs). An example was helpfully provided by gupsterg in his latest "everything is fine, Asus are awesome" post: no less than 3 different combinations of setting override voltages in the space of 5 or 6 BIOS versions! I mean, well done for figuring that out, but I don't have time to waste on that crap. I want ONE place to set these voltages and have the BIOS do what I tell it to do without having to go experiment to see if my changes had any effect or not. I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation.
    I think IT IS 'unreasonable expectation' to flash untested/finnal bios version and expect everything to work. Ho ware Yiu getting on with 1000 and 2000 ryzen series ?

ZEEED PC Specs
    Processor3900X
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX

https://youtu.be/Lmc5Hk3xOec
    Not sure what AUTO bios setting is screwed up on 2701 but on full manual boots normal as You see.
    thats how I got my bios set up and Zero problems.
    https://quickfileshare.org/351G/zeedsetting_setting.txt

All I can say Crosshair 7 Bioses compare to X570 aorus elite and bioses are like alpha vs final. You change 1-2 settings and it can take 3 minutes for the motherboard to boot up if irt does not then its 5 minutes before it goes in recovery mode... Thats on 3 different biosses. Took me 4 hours to set memory timings up due to amount of no boots and cmos resets.

Grass is not greener on the other side. At lest not on Gigabyte and MSI side know that from my personal experience with those two on x570 chipsets so its even worse cause its brand new product designed from ground up for 3000 series.

To all complaining about bootup problem this is how it looks on ALL gigabyte motherboards ATM.
    https://youtu.be/0ORo8Eha-ZE?t=299
    Last edited by ZEEED; 08-18-2019 at 03:38 PM.

New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser

I've got got a rock solid custom 3200 CL14 setup for daily use, also done some exercise with scandisk, image repair and driver verifier as it seems my BSODs were caused by some driver conflicts, looks like USB. Now there are no errors on scandisk and no unverified drivers, haven't had a BSOD since yesterday after sleep and after using remote desktop, so pretty good the 2606. Not sure if it's going to turn on, shut off, on, off, on at every cold boot, but ok. Missing boost clocks are 50-75mhz from the 4400 from 1.0.0.2, so not that bad.

EDIT: spoke too soon, got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe while i was taking a shower, strange as the DRAM calculator optimized 3200 CL14 gets no errors with 310% coverage on memtest, whereas the 3600 CL14 has a lot of errors at 20% coverage but hasn't produced a BSOD yet. Another funny thing is i had the 2700X since june 2018 to August 1st 2019, 0 BSODs, from August 1st to August 18th, 3600 and 3600X on C7H, 19 BSODs until now.
    EDIT 2: make that 20 BSODs, another IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL this time caused by tcpip.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.
    Last edited by igralec84; 08-18-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    So I assume You tried full fresh install of windows on the 2701 bios with all settings in bios set in manual mode ? Cause I know this bios does not work with previous windows installs like it should.
    What has that got to do with anything I put in my post? You'd have to live under a rock to have anything but a fresh 1903 installed with a Zen 2 cpu, not that is relevent to my previous post.

Page 57 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast