Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by loinad View Post
    @Shamino, with BIOS 2606 + CH7 and 3900X, the CPU fan totally stopped working after the computer was idle for about 15 minutes. Q-Fan had it manually set to PWM and 100%. Had HWiNFO64 v6.10-3880 Sensors running.
    I also had exactly that Issue. FAN simply stops, thermal shutdown at 110°C CPU Temperature, reproduceable. 2606 should be pulled back to avoid physical damage to processors.. Went back to 2701, all fine (except the missing boost etc etc etc)

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    x570 still ABB for playing with per ccx oc from bios,
    (cpu core vid input in same page as per ccx)
    (performance bias slightly update - main use is for benching scores only)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icc0hph1m4...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn275182xi...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15sqq6sctb...-0017.rar?dl=0
    And this is exactly what I was talking about!
    Asus working on cool features for x570 while x470 sinking in real issues. Asus doesn't hear you when you post on the forums, so if you want to bring their attention and fix your issues - call them an open the case.

CPU Fan issue - don't write to Shamino! Open the case
    Boost issue - open the case
    BSODs - open the case
    Boot/post issue - case

Otherwise, nothing is going to move from the spot. I can't imagine another manufacturer who polishing bells and whistles while people with premium boards dealing with an awful mess.
    Last edited by EZ_PC_TECH; 08-19-2019 at 06:24 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    x570 still ABB for playing with per ccx oc from bios,
    (cpu core vid input in same page as per ccx)
    (performance bias slightly update - main use is for benching scores only)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icc0hph1m4...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn275182xi...-0017.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15sqq6sctb...-0017.rar?dl=0

Hey, Peter!

Any way to get a description of what these bits are?
    I can't really find 17h documents (most notably the BKDG) and I suppose these are still NDA
    I'm trying to maintain the ZenStates app, but without proper documentation I can't update the performance bias, nor fix the P-States or tweak most of the registers.
    There are common things between all recent x64 families, but many of the bits that are used in Ryzen are marked as "Reserved" in older documents.
    I can read, change and write all these bits to the MSRs, but without knowing what are they it's impossible to do anything good with the app.

What is the official AMD statement on the matter, will the BKDG will ever be released for Zen?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    And this is exactly what I was talking about!
    Asus working on cool features for x570 while x470 sinking in real issues. Asus doesn't here you when you post on the forums, so if you want to bring their attention and fix your issues - call them an open the case.

CPU Fan issue - don't write to Shamino! Open the case
    Boost issue - open the case
    BSODs - open the case
    Boot/post issue - case

Otherwise, nothing is going to move from the spot. I can't imagine another manufacturer who polishing bells and whistles while people with premium boards dealing with an awful mess.
    Unfortunately, ASUS support also doesn't listen - telling you to go to the forums or "it's on a list but we don't know when it will be available". If they do listen, they close the case almost immediately as "coming in a later version, wait".

As a manufacturer, they don't want to listen to their users which is a shame as they're products are great

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrByrd View Post
    I also had exactly that Issue. FAN simply stops, thermal shutdown at 110°C CPU Temperature, reproduceable. 2606 should be pulled back to avoid physical damage to processors.. Went back to 2701, all fine (except the missing boost etc etc etc)
    Unfortunately, this is the kind of issue that totally destroys my trust on this mobo. Thankfully, I have a Noctua U12S and great case airflow, etc. Still, on the other day I left Prime95 running overnight to test memory stability, and I can only imagine how the mobo would have behaved if the issue showed up then (would it have shutdown as expected?). I'm dealing with the ROG Twitter handle and am thinking about either going Intel or Gigabyte + X570. Will probably wait a few more days or weeks until I make the call. At least Gigabyte has a perma post in Overclock.net, in which the reps post the list of open issues and their status.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thedotlair View Post
    Unfortunately, ASUS support also doesn't listen - telling you to go to the forums or "it's on a list but we don't know when it will be available". If they do listen, they close the case almost immediately as "coming in a later version, wait".

As a manufacturer, they don't want to listen to their users which is a shame as they're products are great
    Are you speaking from first-hand experience regarding opening cases here?

ROG Member Array

Is there anything (ABB) soon for ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING ? One of the only x370 asus boards that can handle 3900x and 3950x without vrm's exploding while using it + it can handle pbo/overclock too.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by loinad View Post
    Are you speaking from first-hand experience regarding opening cases here?
    Yes I am - have raised multiple tickets over BIOS releases with the latest AGESAs being available, boost issues, C5 errors, unpredictable POST timings etc. All of them responding with "it's coming but no release date available" or "it's not an issue, closing ticket".

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Some test data share .

R5 3600 Batch: BF 1922SUT
    ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi UEFI 2606
    F4-3200C14Q-32GVK

Few days ago I tested moving DIMMs around the slots, moving them around could alter the range of ProcODT that was usable by my HW. As this is only one sample of CPU/RAM/MOBO combo I can not say all will see the same occurrence if they moved dimms around the slots.

Anyhow on to the data .

For each setup shared in this ZIP (organise files by time to see process better).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Info.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	81519

FCP stands for full cold post, power was removed from system, system had to post without going Q-Code: F9 to be valid.

In the red boxed data we see a failure at ~9380% with set values of SOC: 1.043 CLDO_VDDG: 0.960V CLDO_VDDP: 0.901 VBOOT/VDIMM: 1.405V VTTDDR: 0.7V ProcODT: 43.6. I then power down system and initiate a full post without turning off power to pc power supply from wall socket, this denotes a full post test (FP). We see the same profile fail at ~52%.

Now begins the mission , to improve stability with full post.

I set SOC to 1.05V and CLDO_VDDG: 0.966V, allowed system to repost and powered off fully after shutdown from OS. On FCP we have reasonable pass of ~4150%, on reun FP we see stability loss at ~750%.

I set SOC to 1.056V and CLDO_VDDG: 0.969V, allow system to repost and powered off fully after shutdown from OS. On FCP we have reasonable pass of ~5350%, on reun FP we see stability loss at ~566%.

As SOC & CLDO_VDDG increase hadn't resolved the issue of rerun FP I increase CLDO_VDDP to 0.925V.

I gain on FCP pass of ~4000%, I gain on rerun FP ~11608% before failure. This screen shot was not captured, the fail occurred at ~00:50am, system idled until ~05:09am, then it rebooted for unknown reason, so only log can be shown.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast