Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Duvar View Post
    Did not work for me EZ. CPU-Z Bench was increasing its numbers für 10min without doing anything, it jumped up to 4050 with my 3600 and lil later dropped to 4043 and stayed there, even if i bumped voltages +100mV no changes at all, 4043 all the time.
    What voltage have you increased?
    What is your FCLK frequency?
    Did you undervolt the CPU?
    Do you have ALL C-states enabled?
    Did you turn off PBO and Auto Overclock?

ROG Enthusiast Array Celty2 PC Specs
    Celty2 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crossfire Hero VI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5*
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VE278
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe MZ-V6E500BW
    Storage #2HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5" 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S PH-EC416PSTG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 R
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear R7000

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Where besides Global C-states should C-states be enabled? I am running a C6H with a 3900X.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    Flashback is better at fully erasing the previous bios than EZ Flash, as close to brand new as is possible.
    ... does this type of thing seriously never make you stop and think "WTF are Asus playing at?"? Do you never question why you have to jump through these hoops for no good reason?

There should be ZERO difference between the state of the BIOS in either case! How hard can it be to make sure everything is properly reset?

I would actually pay to get a look at the source code for a typical Asus BIOS. 100% convinced it would provide months of content for r/programminghorror/.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    What is your FCLK frequency?
    Did you undervolt the CPU?
    Did you turn off PBO and Auto Overclock?
    Increased SoC and Core voltage.
    FCLK @ 1900
    No undervolt (auto voltages)
    Found 2 C-States on Bios 2703 Global and DW C-State or so
    Yes PBO+Auto OC were disabled.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    ... does this type of thing seriously never make you stop and think "WTF are Asus playing at?"? Do you never question why you have to jump through these hoops for no good reason?

There should be ZERO difference between the state of the BIOS in either case! How hard can it be to make sure everything is properly reset?

I would actually pay to get a look at the source code for a typical Asus BIOS. 100% convinced it would provide months of content for r/programminghorror/.
    That's kind of why I asked. The uncompressed flash sizes are the full chip size. So it should literally be writing every bit anyway, so I don't see how one method would be different than the others. Maybe the flashback method clears out some UEFI variable or something, but loading the optimized defaults should essentially do the same thing.

And it's not like they advertise that on all the various motherboard models either. And in fact all it says on the listings is you need to rename the file if you are using flashback, not that you need to use flashback. It's probably the same as people who thought you need to factory reset a phone 3 times when you install a 3rd party ROM for some reason -- like it would actually clear anything different.
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonJon78 View Post
    That's kind of why I asked. The uncompressed flash sizes are the full chip size. So it should literally be writing every bit anyway, so I don't see how one method would be different than the others. Maybe the flashback method clears out some UEFI variable or something, but loading the optimized defaults should essentially do the same thing.
    Exactly. If it's doing a bit-for-bit flash of the chip, then presumably there must be something else happening to preserve some of the settings. Maybe it only flashes part of the chip? Maybe it saves some settings somewhere else and restores some of them afterwards? Given the level of competence Asus have been displaying, nothing would surprise me. Could be happening by design, could be entirely accidental!

And it's not like they advertise that on all the various motherboard models either. And in fact all it says on the listings is you need to rename the file if you are using flashback, not that you need to use flashback. It's probably the same as people who thought you need to factory reset a phone 3 times when you install a 3rd party ROM for some reason -- like it would actually clear anything different.
    Yeah I do feel sorry for all the less techy people who just expect their expensive motherboard to actually work in a sensible and predictable fashion, who for some reason don't immediately think of going to the Asus forums to see if there's some obscure nonsensical workaround known only to enthusiasts. It really is a bit of a piss-take - if the other flashing methods don't work as intended and they can't be arsed to fix them, the least they could do is disable them and say explicitly "always use flashback". But of course Asus just want to sell you hardware and couldn't care less what happens after you've bought it...

ROG Member Array

Curious about ALL C-state. Any advise where I can find them all?

Heh I didnt find ALL C-state. Please help ��

New ROGer Array

Actually there are several parts of the Flash ROM that are NOT flashed by default. Frequently the boot code and ACPI tables are not, for example. It has always been this way back to the Intel Pentium/AMD K6 motherboard days. Back in the day, there were special command line switches you would use with the BIOS flasher to force program those normally ignored regions.

And back in the day, there were valid reasons for things to be this way: There was no such thing as "flashback." Heck, Gigabyte's "Dual BIOS" was new thing and a big deal when they came out with it during the Dark Ages. So the boot block of the BIOS was frequently not flashed so that in the event of a flash failure, there was at least a chance that you could get to a DOS prompt and run the flasher again. I had a mainboard once where I had a flash failure rendering that board dead. I worked in a shop, so I had a few identical boards to work with. I had to hot swap the BIOS chips between the boards (they tended to be socketed at the time) on the booted board, and I was able to successfully flash the failed chip in the working board.

ROG Member Array

So I'm currently on 2606 and thinking of updating to 2703, but I don't feel like it's worth is unless boost has been at least somewhat improved. My 3900X currently tops out at 4525Mhz according to HWINFO64. Will I see higher boost with 2703 or nan? System is stable overall for me so I don't need any of the bugfixes. Only gonna upgrade if boosts are better.

ROG Member Array

The link of bios in the first page are offline. Thanks

Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast