Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Does using the Flashback/CrashFree features wipe out the UUID/MAC/SN like using the afu tools does?
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SexySale85 View Post
    Unfortunately, nothing for now. It's ignored for now, for some reason and none is shared with us. (Even B450-F got the update)

1. 5007 (1.0.0.2.) - Best boosts and OC. Bigger temperature limit, causing overheating. -> I use this one, however, maybe it will cause RMA.
    2. 5204 (1.0.0.3 AB) - Less boosts and lowers OC headroom. Lowered temperature limit -> SKIP this one
    3. 5XXX (1.0.0.3 ABB) - Less boosts and good OC headroom. Stable release. People praise this one for everything else expect boosts. -> Should be a good compensation for less boost but stable temperature.
    4. 5XXX (1.0.0.X or ABBA) - We will see, but should be good to go!
    That's kind of disappointing. I get the feeling that the X470-F and prime isn't getting as much love as the other motherboards they made. To me I'm more interested about stability and or improvements. But it's such a shame, like I don't even see beta bios for the X470-F.

And in a way it makes me afraid and sceptical about the future of the boards if they're taking this long or just being dismissive of the bios updates for certain boards.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zoart View Post
    That's kind of disappointing. I get the feeling that the X470-F and prime isn't getting as much love as the other motherboards they made. To me I'm more interested about stability and or improvements. But it's such a shame, like I don't even see beta bios for the X470-F.

And in a way it makes me afraid and sceptical about the future of the boards if they're taking this long or just being dismissive of the bios updates for certain boards.
    When all the bugs get worked out with Matisse on the higher tier boards, I am absolutely certain that you guys will get an updated BIOS that jumps directly to "Works Great!" without all the crap in the middle we have gotten. Asus is still releasing occasional BIOS updates for my Prime B350-Plus, so I can't imagine they'd just stop on your X470-F.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mvmiller12 View Post
    When all the bugs get worked out with Matisse on the higher tier boards, I am absolutely certain that you guys will get an updated BIOS that jumps directly to "Works Great!" without all the crap in the middle we have gotten. Asus is still releasing occasional BIOS updates for my Prime B350-Plus, so I can't imagine they'd just stop on your X470-F.
    Yeah, but at least to -me- (not speaking for anyone else) it's disappointing to see a month or so pass by without an update while other boards have been receiving them regularly, even beta bios updates. But none the less, at the moment it's just wait and see what happens.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Exclamation What's wrong with BCLK?

I have a weird issue with BCLK. With my previous R5 2600, I could just set BCLK in the bios and after boot, I was enjoying the higher performance. Now, when I switched to 3700X(Board and all other parts exactly the same), for some reason, BCLK not being applied automatically, but I have to start Ryzen Master and apply Profile 1 or 2 and only then it works. Otherwise, CPU just sitting at the base frequency (3600). It's really annoying and inconvenient when I doing some tweaks and rebooting frequently.
    Is anybody know what Ryzen Master profile actually change to make it work? Thanks in advance!

ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

What is with this BIOS's all the time man...?

I flashed to 2703 2 days back and i noticed some weird things.

CBS in bios lacks A LOT of settings.. I can't even tweak my RAM anymore..

Boost clocks are fairly good in Windows for a change but that's about it. I can't reboot because it hangs giving random error codes on the display. I also can't cold boot and i have to push the reset button in order to boot properly.

I reset every thing and pulled the BIOS battery in order to do an proper reset but that only results in even more carnage as the buttons on the board do nothing, reset and or save boot as it only boots in the BIOS and or Windows with the same settings..

Now i have to flash back to previous BIOS as this 2703 BIOS is utterly broken for me or my board is going bad.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    Now i have to flash back to previous BIOS as this 2703 BIOS is utterly broken for me or my board is going bad.
    Try 2501, it doesn't have double post on cold boot or restart, so it should work for you. Plus it has older AGESA and higher boost clocks. Unfortunately it suffers from 0 rpm fans on load, but you can overcome this problem by not using HWINFO.

ROG Member Array

Tried setting an negative offset of -0.100v on the C6H with 3700X to see if temps would be better (below 85c with CB20). Managed to do one run, stock settings + PBO, temps perfect at 70c, but it started BSODing badly, even at the win 10 login screen.

Reverted to auto voltage, offset at stock seems broken.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    What is with this BIOS's all the time man...?

I flashed to 2703 2 days back and i noticed some weird things.

CBS in bios lacks A LOT of settings.. I can't even tweak my RAM anymore..

Boost clocks are fairly good in Windows for a change but that's about it. I can't reboot because it hangs giving random error codes on the display. I also can't cold boot and i have to push the reset button in order to boot properly.

I reset every thing and pulled the BIOS battery in order to do an proper reset but that only results in even more carnage as the buttons on the board do nothing, reset and or save boot as it only boots in the BIOS and or Windows with the same settings..

It is bittersweet news, but it seems like there is a pile of people with boot problems (double boot, code 8, board unresponsive), so perhaps the hardware is ok and the Bios is causing problems.

Lets just sit tight, do the boot mini-game until Asus solves this. Otherwise, they will have to accept a pile of RMA with the buggy BIOS'es that they cannot fix. All of the Hero boards come with the 3 year warranty, so nobody is out of coverage.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Undervolting

Quote Originally Posted by PLTD89 View Post
    Tried setting an negative offset of -0.100v on the C6H with 3700X to see if temps would be better (below 85c with CB20). Managed to do one run, stock settings + PBO, temps perfect at 70c, but it started BSODing badly, even at the win 10 login screen.

Reverted to auto voltage, offset at stock seems broken.
    Try negative offset between -0.062 and -0.047 with LLC lvl 1. The offset more than that causing BSODs as you said.

Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast