Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TechyInAZ View Post
    Double check that ECC mode is disabled guys. Every single BIOS for 3rd Gen Ryzen I've used has ECC mode enabled by default.

7401 is rock solid stable for me once I disable ECC mode.
    Where is this setting located?
    Thanks

New ROGer Array

inside advanced/Amd CBS

in fact in my motherboard says "Auto will set ECC to enable".

Last edited by TheZero_ITA; 09-25-2019 at 10:21 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Are you using a BIOS FlashBack and resetting the BIOS before flashing?
    Did you change any voltages?
    Have you OCed RAM?
    Did you try to increase CPU/SOC VRM switching frequency? Try to set both to 500.
    Not sure what board you have, but try to set all PCI-E devices to Auto without choosing Gen.
    Run command prompt as administrator and enter this DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Windows might be a reason for BSODs.
    Are you using a BIOS FlashBack and resetting the BIOS before flashing?
    Yes

Did you change any voltages?
    NO. I use Asus default

Have you OCed RAM?
    NO. I use Asus default

Did you try to increase CPU/SOC VRM switching frequency? Try to set both to 500.

Still BSoD

Not sure what board you have, but try to set all PCI-E devices to Auto without choosing Gen.
    I use c6h
    Gen all use Asus default(auto)

Run command prompt as administrator and enter this DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Windows might be a reason for BSODs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diskach View Post
    He has c6h. You can see that by the BIOS version.

I have also suggested using flashback because it is 100% clearing all settings to default.
    Maybe he has ECC enabled and that is what's causing all the BSODs.

I use USB BIOS Flashback to flash BIOS
    I try to disable ECC but still BSoD

Thank you all for your advice.
    Maybe my CPU Dead On Arrive
    I wiil send my CPU back to AMD Authorized Distributors next week to check what's problem with my AMD R5 3600
    Last edited by suifong; 09-25-2019 at 01:10 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

suifong after the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" try "sfc /scannow" to fix errors, if there's any.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bloot View Post
    suifong after the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" try "sfc /scannow" to fix errors, if there's any.

Thank you for your advice.

New ROGer Array EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    EZ_PC_TECH PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VII x470/MSI Godlike x570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X/3900X/3950X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill FlareX 3800 14-16-14-16-26 CR1)
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1070Ti Titanium EK WB
    Graphics Card #21080Ti EK WB
    MonitorMSI Optix 32"
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm Pro + Alphacool XT45 360 + D5 + HW Labs GTX480 + HW Labs GTX420
    CaseFully custom
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-650T
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by suifong View Post

Thank you for your advice.
    Ok, the last thing. Please, post screenshots of HWInfo when your PC idles and when under 100% load. Did you notice when exactly you have BSODs - under load or when you are browsing/idling? I want to see your voltages

New ROGer Array

As an update for when I had the Q-code 8 boot issue. I seemed to have gotten it to be "stable" after flashing 7306 a bunch of times and (maybe related) replacing my corsair H100i liquid cooler with Noctua NH-D15. It does happen when I reboot from time to time but most of the time, it boots up just fine. Still though, the moment I upgrade the bios to 7403, it's Q-code 8 all day everyday when booting. Sometimes it does end up actually booting on 7403 but most of the times, it doesn't. And yes, I disabled ECC everytime.

At this point, if the next Bios update still does this Q-code 8. I am gonna RMA my motherboard cause at this point, I am 90% certain there's something wrong with the mobo's BIOS.

I almost want to blame Asus's shingians with trying to enable PCI-E 4.0 on X370 boards and then when AMD removed it by changing the micro-code, weird stuff started to happen. But we will see when the next BIOS gets officially released.

New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser

I'm still getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking) even with a different kit of RAM, with DOCP, manual timings or Auto and just memory speed and FCLK set along with vboot and dram voltage and ECC off. Just got one now while writing this post, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f is what this 3000 cL15 kit is getting so far, the 3200 CL14 was getting a variety of them no matter the frequency, 2133, 3200 cl14, 3600 cl16, 3600 cl14...

Still waiting for the 3700X to be delivered, it looks like it's not the RAM, so maybe it's the CPU or the motherboard. It's interesting that yesterday i only had one BSOD and that was with ryzen calculator timings for 3000 CL15, but today i already had 2 and also 2 shutdowns. Running Ryzen balanced power plan with min. cpu state of 10%.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by EZ_PC_TECH View Post
    Ok, the last thing. Please, post screenshots of HWInfo when your PC idles and when under 100% load. Did you notice when exactly you have BSODs - under load or when you are browsing/idling? I want to see your voltages
    PC idles(Open the image in a new tab to see the full image)

100% load(Open the image in a new tab to see the full image)

CPU Voltage before BSoD(When I use chrome to watch a video)

I am sorry that the video quality is very poor
    I record it with an old digital camera
    Because I don't know when it will be BSoD
    I can't take a screenshot with my computer
    Can only use the way to record the screen

Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    I'm still getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking) even with a different kit of RAM, with DOCP, manual timings or Auto and just memory speed and FCLK set along with vboot and dram voltage and ECC off. Just got one now while writing this post, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f is what this 3000 cL15 kit is getting so far, the 3200 CL14 was getting a variety of them no matter the frequency, 2133, 3200 cl14, 3600 cl16, 3600 cl14...

Still waiting for the 3700X to be delivered, it looks like it's not the RAM, so maybe it's the CPU or the motherboard. It's interesting that yesterday i only had one BSOD and that was with ryzen calculator timings for 3000 CL15, but today i already had 2 and also 2 shutdowns. Running Ryzen balanced power plan with min. cpu state of 10%.
    Have same problem like this article
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...ding_to_3700x/
    "receiving BSOD'S usually when the system is fairly idle - what i mean is it never happens during gaming "

"getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking)"

I never get BSoD when I play a game
    But often get BSoD when the CPU is idle
    Last edited by suifong; 09-25-2019 at 06:48 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RBMK3.6 View Post
    As an update for when I had the Q-code 8 boot issue. I seemed to have gotten it to be "stable" after flashing 7306 a bunch of times and (maybe related) replacing my corsair H100i liquid cooler with Noctua NH-D15. It does happen when I reboot from time to time but most of the time, it boots up just fine. Still though, the moment I upgrade the bios to 7403, it's Q-code 8 all day everyday when booting. Sometimes it does end up actually booting on 7403 but most of the times, it doesn't. And yes, I disabled ECC everytime.

At this point, if the next Bios update still does this Q-code 8. I am gonna RMA my motherboard cause at this point, I am 90% certain there's something wrong with the mobo's BIOS.

I almost want to blame Asus's shingians with trying to enable PCI-E 4.0 on X370 boards and then when AMD removed it by changing the micro-code, weird stuff started to happen. But we will see when the next BIOS gets officially released.
    By any chance you could try turning the PC on with Safe Boot button and skipping the Bios? If we can both verify that code 8 doesn't happen with Safe Boot, then it is 100% something ****ed with the BIOS.

It is the only way I can turn on my PC (reseating the CPU works too), otherwise it is Code 8.

Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast