cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not waking up after screen turns off

Retired
Not applicable
So i just bought the g73 jw and when the laptop sits idling and eventually leads to the screen turning off, the laptop will not come back alive. It just sits like it is trying to sleep and/or hibernate but it does nothing. Only a had restart will bring it back to life.

At first thought it was the password on wake deal, but i disabled that and it still happens.
Has anyone else dealt with this problem or have a solution to it?

I have google'd and google'd, read a shitpile of threads on other asus forums and i couldn't find anything rally related to my problem.

Thanks for your help/advice,
Mike Zingel.

EDIT: ok weird, i changed from the Power4Gear quiet to the power4gear high performance settings are the same in terms of lid actions, password on wake, and almost everything else and now that problem seems to be gone... weird.
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
my laptop does the same thing with the screen. when im in the middle of playing a game my screen shuts off and it acts like its asleep but does not turn on again until i turn off the laptop and then turn it back on. However, i have changed the settings and nothing seems to work for mine.