cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ryuo install issues

BNapoleon
Level 7
I have just done a new build and having issues with the Ryuo installed on a Hero XI wifi MB.
I have no fans running and no screen, but I have the rgb and the MB picks the ryuo up as a mass storage device.

I had originally connected to the AIO connector on the MB and was getting the CPU fan error message and would not go into windows. After reading I switched to the CPU fan connector and no more cpu fan error, but still no screen and no fans working.

Is there smoething I have done wrong for these to not work?
6 REPLIES 6

BNapoleon
Level 7
ok. I have disconnected the 2 fans from the y connector and plugged one in to the CPU fan header and one into the cpu opt and they work. Can control them in AI suite as well.

So for some reason the y connector is not working the fans. Also no screen at all. Have clicked a couple of hardware monitor items, but nothing shows up. Seems I am just missing something.

BNapoleon
Level 7
Well I updated the firmware to see if things fixed but still the same. I have noticed in Bios and AI Suite, that the CPU fan is saying it is running at 600 rpm but the fans are not moving. The 2 case fans are running at about 500rpm and they are going. Would the CPU fan rpm be the pump flow? When do the fans come on?

BNapoleon
Level 7
OK not too sure how the pump works, but I disconnected the fans from the y connector and plugged them into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers and the AIO cable into the AIO header. Now all work in AI suite.

I did not get the CPU fan error when booting up either. Strange since both are ASUS products

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
turn off the computer. COnect the fans to CPU FAN and CPU OPT. and the pump to AIO PUMP. go to bios and select fan (turbo) all of them. check back and see what happends
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
turn off the computer. COnect the fans to CPU FAN and CPU OPT. and the pump to AIO PUMP. go to bios and select fan (turbo) all of them. check back and see what happends

Well I already did that with the headers. The fans now work in AI suite, so leaving them as is now

BNapoleon wrote:
Well I already did that with the headers. The fans now work in AI suite, so leaving them as is now

all is control by bios. and the oled is readuing the bios. Soon these will change.
Learn, Play Enjoy!