Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It appears that the grill just to the right of the bottom exhaust fan may be a source of heated air flow short circuit. Also the PSU and Cooler are likely drawing most of the front supply upward and leaving a turbulance void right at the 1st (top) GPU. How about another 200mm on the bottom and reverse both into an intake to pressurize the cooler air serving the GPUs? Also block the air flow at the rear and sides of the bottom to prevent warm air being drawn into the bottom fomr the rear. May help unless it is the GPU itself.

bill_d, can you re-post the links? They are not pulling up the products.
    Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vrwings View Post
    It appears that the grill just to the right of the bottom exhaust fan may be a source of heated air flow short circuit. Also the PSU and Cooler are likely drawing most of the front supply upward and leaving a turbulance void right at the 1st (top) GPU. How about another 200mm on the bottom and reverse both into an intake to pressurize the cooler air serving the GPUs? Also block the air flow at the rear and sides of the bottom to prevent warm air being drawn into the bottom fomr the rear. May help unless it is the GPU itself.
    there is also a 200mm fan intake on the side panel exactly where he gpu's are which is connected. plenty of cold air makes it to the gpus even without the side panel.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

i never have my fans on the cards on auto during gaming, i have 3x6970's and if on auto they hit 90c with on 50/55% manual control they only hit 70/75 max

give that a go, only other thing i would say is your CPU fans might be taking all the air since well lets face it thats a **** load of air power there gonna be ripping from other area's

ROG Enthusiast Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VRM.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	6899

TEMPS after approx 1 hour skyrim 3rd gpu doesnt get used at all CURRENT / MIN / MAX

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VRM2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	6900

TEMPS after battlefield 3 round CURRENT / MIN / MAX

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r3zn0r View Post

Attachment 6879

there is a 200mm fan at bottom and 3 120mm fans at front with nothing blocking them.
    You don't semms to have enough space betwen the GPU

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Area 66 View Post
    You don't semms to have enough space betwen the GPU
    i know it is better to have space but how do you do 4 way without watercooling and a space between?. also one of the asus videos about my motherboard state it can do 3 x 3 slot gpus. nowhere on any site or official gpu info does it say you must have a space between gpus.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Can you link me the Asus Video ? . for the space betwen the GPU, it's common sense.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

now for spacing i would say top red slot then the black slot and then the last red slot are used since the cards he has are DC cards which take up 3 slots so he cant change the slots.

i think its a cooling issue due to fans in the case not being tight.

the small rear fan at the bottom turn off and the large fan aswell int he bottom.

then run a bench test and see if the temps runn better, reason im saying that is that some fans will take air away from where they should be and either push it away from the area needed OR suck it away fromthe area needed.

that might sound odd but it does happen, i do see one problem and thats for me that your CPU fans will be taking serious ammounts of air in that case from other things, the DCU cards are design i believe to have better cooling not worse than a reference card

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

My friend you are overclocking your graphic cards as is your right. Now do you have this problem when your cards are running at stock and the answer will be no. Because I have run my three cards (and also 4 cards) in my case for four hours with out any problems. At stock. But when I increase the overclock to 1000MHz then I have problems.

Sadly as much as we want our cake and to eat it too that is not always possible.

The cards work fine at stock (mine do and I have tested with 12 units of the AMD cards now) I would hope yours do too.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast